Windows 10: How to revert to the old search box

Discus and support How to revert to the old search box in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi there! A long time ago around september 2019, I've updated my windows 10 to version 1903. The update changed my search box, which I don't like. I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by underscore66, Dec 24, 2019.

1. How to revert to the old search box

Hi there! A long time ago around september 2019, I've updated my windows 10 to version 1903. The update changed my search box, which I don't like. I would like to know how to revert this:

How to revert to the old search box e3ee4bfe-8480-4397-918a-70f54bf46e67?upload=true.png

To this:

How to revert to the old search box 0a8db9f4-cb2b-44ae-8b98-5bc702aaf255?upload=true.png

Because IMO the new one is ugly, why does it have a blank column to the left...

Anyways, currently I'm running Windows 10 Home V1903 with the OS built 18362.535.

I hope to receive a reply soon!

:)

underscore66, Dec 24, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Dec 24, 2019
  4. How to revert to the old search box

Search Box

Hi Aliya,

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control panel.
    • Find troubleshooting and click on it.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
    I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

How to revert to the old search box

1. How to revert to the old search box - Similar Threads - revert old search

2. Revert to old search window

in Cortana
    Revert to old search window: After updating windows, the search window changed. By search window I mean the window which opens after starting to type something with the start menu opened. The new window uses more space and it is not connected to the edge of the screen. I have searched online and the only...
  3. How to revert back to old Edge on 20H2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to revert back to old Edge on 20H2?: Just installed the October update and I want the old Edge back. The new edge is obviously better as a browser, but as a PDF reader the old edge is way smoother (I run the Chromium version on the Beta channel to not overwrite the original version) How do you revert it back?...
  4. search box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    search box: Search box at bottom of screen not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/222af729-a72c-4d66-b2d8-114ee4d73ea6
  5. How do you revert to the old search box?

How do you revert to the old search box?: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/how-to-revert-to-the-old-search-box.277040/ Basically I'm having the same problem as this person. I signed in to my microsoft account and now it's switched to this new design submitted by /u/Lurkers_of_Reddit [link] [comments]...
  6. How can I revert the start search to the old style?

How can I revert the start search to the old style?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AttackOfTheThumbs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9wd90/how_can_i_revert_the_start_search_to_the_old_style/
  7. Revert to old windows?

Revert to old windows?: I had to wipe windows to remove some issues I was having. I now have windows 10 2004, but I need to have windows 1909 or 1903. Is there anyway I can revert? (Trying to revert in the settings wont work because I completely wiped windows before instead of updating. submitted...
  8. How to revert to the old instant search in file explorer?

How to revert to the old instant search in file explorer?: Hello, I know alot of people have issues with windows 10 and don’t like it but for what I do with it, alot of the inconvenience didn’t bother me. I have auto updates on and I update to the latest version of windows as it comes it and so I woke up today to the new search box...
  9. Reverting to old search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reverting to old search bar: Hi, My search bar changed to a new form (see picture below) without my intervention. How can I reduce its size (around the size of the box that shows when you click on the Cortana button)? Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  10. search box

in Cortana
    search box: there is no search box on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/039f26cd-e174-4222-a3e3-f4f79c6afc50"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. revert to windows 10 search