Windows 10: How to revoke the access privilege ( Username and Password) I gave to open a Computer on...

Discus and support How to revoke the access privilege ( Username and Password) I gave to open a Computer on... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi There, Greetings from Shank. Can anyone help me with this issue. I recently configured P2P LAN network with two window 10 PCs. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shank D, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Shank D Win User

How to revoke the access privilege ( Username and Password) I gave to open a Computer on...

hi There,

Greetings from Shank.

Can anyone help me with this issue.
    I recently configured P2P LAN network with two window 10 PCs.

I also created some network shares with read privileges for "Everyone" on both PCs.

I configured both Computer's Network Locations as private and enabled "Network Discovery " and Turned on "File and Printer Sharing"

The first time I accessed the network Computer , I was prompted for a User Name and Password.
    After I entered the other Computer Username and Password I was able to access its network files and folders.

My problem is :
    The subsequent access to them same Network Computer is not prompting for Username and Password.

Can anyone tell me how to revoke the access privilege ( Username and Password), I gave it the first time I accessed it.
    Thanks everyone.
    From
    Shank, ( A New Member)

:)

Shank D, Jul 31, 2019

2. Network Credentials - Does each computer on a network need a DIFFERENT UserName and PassWord?

Andre, Thank you

I changed the UN for each computer.

I tried accessing the external drives and

used the new credentials to log in and

get the same error message:

"username or password is incorrect"

and suggestions???

thanks

Karen Stavert, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Unwanted messages when opening computer and Live Mail up.

We suggest that you follow these steps to stop getting the security prompt:

• Right-click on the Windows button, and choose Run.
    • Type: netplwiz
    • Deselect Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
    • Click OK, and it will prompt you for the password to save changes.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Jul 31, 2019
  4. How to revoke the access privilege ( Username and Password) I gave to open a Computer on...

Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

How to revoke the access privilege ( Username and Password) I gave to open a Computer on...

1. How to revoke the access privilege ( Username and Password) I gave to open a Computer on... - Similar Threads - revoke access privilege

2. No admin privileges after renaming username

in Windows 10 Customization
    No admin privileges after renaming username: Renamed my user account via netplwiz and now I have lost admin privileges on my only admin account. Can only select no when "Do you want this app to make changes to your device" pops up. Is there any way to undo it?Edit: I wasn't able to reply for some reason so I edited my...
  3. No admin privileges after renaming username

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No admin privileges after renaming username: Renamed my user account via netplwiz and now I have lost admin privileges on my only admin account. Can only select no when "Do you want this app to make changes to your device" pops up. Is there any way to undo it?Edit: I wasn't able to reply for some reason so I edited my...
  4. My computer asking username and password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer asking username and password: Hello there I have my laptop every time to click it it asks for username and password to login to my laptop my username is jacksant000 I know usernames and passwords my password is ant21 I typed my password in and waiting to login please fix this...
  5. My computer asking username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer asking username and password: Hello there I have my laptop every time to click it it asks for username and password to login to my laptop my username is jacksant000 I know usernames and passwords my password is ant21 I typed my password in and waiting to login please fix this...
  6. admin privileges somehow got revoked at system reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin privileges somehow got revoked at system reboot: when my pc rebooted last night windows update being annoying, it somehow revoked my admin privileges. rebooting into the windows recovery environment and selecting command prompt just asks me for the administrator account's password, which doesn't exist. is there a fix for...
  7. Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke?: I went to the system32 folder (and then others inside it), and I was prompted twice along the way that I needed permission to access the folder(s) (the Admin box with the shield popped up). I clicked allow/ok, and was able to do what I needed. I then closed the file explorer...
  8. Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke?

in Windows 10 Support
    Granted system32 Admin to access. How to revoke?: I went to the system32 folder (and then others inside it), and I was prompted twice along the way that I needed permission to access the folder(s) (the Admin box with the shield popped up). I clicked allow/ok, and was able to do what I needed. I then closed the file explorer...
  9. How to login with username and password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to login with username and password: [ATTACH] Above is a rough example of what I am trying to do. I don't want to sign in with any other method, I want to use the above. No combo of my username and password works. The password I am using is the PIN assigned to the account before enabling this method. This is...
  10. How to revoke the access privilege ( Username and Password) I gave to open a Computer on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to revoke the access privilege ( Username and Password) I gave to open a Computer on...: hi There, Greeings from Shank. Can anyone help me with this issue. I recently configured P2P LAN network with two window 10 PCs. I also created some network shares with read privileges for "Everyone" on both PCs. I configured both Computer's Network Locations as...