Windows 10: how to roll back display driver

Discus and support how to roll back display driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 no longer recognizing second display. How to roll back driver.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nelsonhall1, Nov 6, 2018.

1. how to roll back display driver

Windows 10 no longer recognizing second display. How to roll back driver.

:)

nelsonhall1, Nov 6, 2018

2. Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 6, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

how to roll back display driver

display driver issue

It seems like the reddishness is driven by driver issue. For us to determine what's causing the reddishnes, send us a screenshot or a photo of your monitor.

In the meantime, you can try to roll back the display driver of your computer by following the steps listed below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Device Manager page will show up. Right-click on the driver; then, select
      Properties.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click on the Roll Back Driver.

Regards.

John Sarc, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

how to roll back display driver

1. how to roll back display driver - Similar Threads - roll display driver

2. Roll back driver option greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roll back driver option greyed out: Hi,Looking to roll back a driver that messed up a ton of peoples audio in our org but the roll back driver option in Device Manager is greyed out for everyone including admins. Is there another way roll back a driver? Thanks....
  3. Why is this display driver still rolling back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this display driver still rolling back?: So far I have done these suggested fixes to stop this from happening:Shut off "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows"Used "wushowhide.diagcab" to hide the updateEnabled "Do not include drivers with Windows Update" in Group PolicyAdded...
  4. Why is this display driver still rolling back?

Why is this display driver still rolling back?: So far I have done these suggested fixes to stop this form happening:Shut off "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows"Used "wushowhide.diagcab" to hide the updateEnabled "Do not include drivers with Windows Update" in Group PolicyAdded...
  5. Why is this display driver still rolling back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is this display driver still rolling back?: So far I have done these suggested fixes to stop this form happening:Shut off "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows"Used "wushowhide.diagcab" to hide the updateEnabled "Do not include drivers with Windows Update" in Group PolicyAdded...
  6. roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  7. roll back

roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  8. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. cant roll back driver routine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant roll back driver routine: when i try to roll back the driver routine, its just an gray area, and i cant update the driver routine either. what should i do to get back the driver routine?...
  10. Rolling back my amd display adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rolling back my amd display adapter: So I'm rollingback my amd display adapter, and it's been about 30 mins and my screen hasn't come back on. Is this something to be worried about or do I continue to wait?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. roll back display driver