Windows 10: How to rollback to Firefox ESR v52.9.0 after automatic update.

Discus and support How to rollback to Firefox ESR v52.9.0 after automatic update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using Firefox ESR. I am not ready for Firefox Quantum because I want to use the legacy extensions "Show Parent Folder", "Go Parent Folder",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stanhilliard, Sep 8, 2018.

1. stanhilliard Win User

How to rollback to Firefox ESR v52.9.0 after automatic update.

I have been using Firefox ESR. I am not ready for Firefox Quantum because I want to use the legacy extensions "Show Parent Folder", "Go Parent Folder", and "Session Manager" and a few others. I am not concerned about security because I find Kaspersky Internet Security (and others) sufficient for my purposes.

So I downloaded file
    firefox-52.9.0esr.win64.sdk.zip
    from page
    Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/52.9.0esr/
    but I don't know how to use it. I can't find a setup.exe -- or any .exe.

How can I roll back to ESR v52.9.0?

(I do have file "Firefox Setup 52.5.2esr64.exe", but that is apparently not the latest)

:)

stanhilliard, Sep 8, 2018
  2. DistantDeath Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 8, 2018
  3. garshizafari Win User
    Firefox 52

HI,THANKS ALOT..I wnet to mozila firefox and there I was updated to firefox 52 version(ESR)

Then I Checked and saw problem with java had solved by firefox ESR.

garshizafari, Sep 8, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How to rollback to Firefox ESR v52.9.0 after automatic update. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How to rollback to Firefox ESR v52.9.0 after automatic update. - Similar Threads - rollback Firefox ESR

2. How to have PC turn off automatically after updates?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to have PC turn off automatically after updates?: How to have PC turn off automatically after updates? Windows 10 Home; download several updates from Microsoft Store Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-pc-turn-off-automatically-after/0005f9f5-08ac-4b79-b37c-bedbaa0ed1fd"
  3. SystemRestorePointCreationFrequency=0 is what automatic frequency?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    SystemRestorePointCreationFrequency=0 is what automatic frequency?: I am trying to make automated restore points happen more often. I followed the tutorial to create the SystemRestorePointCreationFrequency DWORD in the registry. I can use a frequency of 1440 to make a restore point every day, but if the frequency is 0, how often are restore...
  4. How to rollback to Firefox ESR v52.9.0 after automatic update.

in Browsers and Email
    How to rollback to Firefox ESR v52.9.0 after automatic update.: I have been using Firefox ESR. I am not ready for Firefox Quantum because I want to use the legacy extensions "Show Parent Folder", "Go Parent Folder", and "Session Manager" and a few others. I am not concerned about security because I find Kaspersky Internet Security (and...
  5. How to rollback to version 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to rollback to version 1709: Currently on version 1803 and having stuttering issues on a game (Rocket League if it helps). I've went through numerous attempts at troubleshooting what's wrong with the game and the general consensus is that it is this version of Windows. I have an active license with this...
  6. How to rollback to version 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    How to rollback to version 1709: Currently on version 1803 and having stuttering issues on a game (Rocket League if it helps). I've went through numerous attempts at troubleshooting what's wrong with the game and the general consensus is that it is this version of Windows. I have an active license with this...
  7. How to stop automatic updates

How to stop automatic updates: Early this year I had to replace my laptop which meant an enforced "upgrade" to Windows 10. Since then, on numerous occasions, I have been denied access to my machine by an automatic update process at the whim of the microsoft geeks; the much vaunted April Update prevented...
  8. Cannot reinstall april update after rollback

Cannot reinstall april update after rollback: a friend of mine recommended i roll back the april update i had just installed for fear of some supposed bugs, so i did since it was apparently a big thing at the time. now i'm trying to reinstall it since the buzz has gone away, but windows update says im up to date and the...
  9. Firefox vs. Firefox ESR Re: winver 10 pro

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs. Firefox ESR Re: winver 10 pro: So I am (reluctantly) using winver 10 pro 1709 so I don't really know if it is stretching the guidelines about asking about an application here though I am sure someone will let me know : ) Prior to December of last year I used almost exclusively Firefox since it seemed more...
  10. Notepad margins at 0 after Creators update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad margins at 0 after Creators update: I noticed after the Creators update that the left and top margins in Notepad are now set to zero, as seen in the attached screenshot. There is no margin at all between the edge of the Notepad window and the text. It's not a death blow to my work flow, but it's certainly...