Windows 10: How to rollback to previous state of windows 10 system settings ?

Discus and support How to rollback to previous state of windows 10 system settings ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Something is messed up in my system and I am unable to play any media files in any of audio/video player. I tried rebooting pc, reinstalling drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Deepak_Kumar, Jun 2, 2020.

1. How to rollback to previous state of windows 10 system settings ?

Something is messed up in my system and I am unable to play any media files in any of audio/video player. I tried rebooting pc, reinstalling drivers, checking audio/video settings.

Is there any way to reverse whatever happened today in system to a version of yesterday's system settings so that my problem is solved ?

I never made any backup.

If there is no way to reverse then I will reset my system but please tell me a better way to prevent this in future.

Using Windows 10 Home updated till 1 June 2020

:)

Deepak_Kumar, Jun 2, 2020

2. Rollback from windows 10 to previous version

Hi,

We regret the inconvenience caused.

Let us try Uninstall and Reinstall application and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and Features.
    • Double click on the application.
    • Follow onscreen instruction.
    After uninstalling restart the computer and reinstall the application.

If that does not helps, install the program in
    compatibility mode

1. Right-click on the setup file and select
    Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the software install and then check the functionality.

However, if you still want to go to previous Windows version. Refer to the below steps.

Follow below method to roll back your operating system.

Before you change any operating system it’s a good idea to make a full system backup.

• Type Settings in the taskbar search bar, next to the Windows icon, and clicking on Settings. It will open the PC Settings. Select ‘Update and Security’.

• The Update and Security option opens. Here you will see options like Windows Update, Activation, Backup, Recovery and Windows Defender. Click on ‘Recovery‘.

• Click on ‘Go back to previous version of Windows’. In this case you see Go back to Windows 8.1.

• Microsoft will then ask for your feedback and the reason to uninstall Windows 10.

• Give your feedback and move ahead. Click on Next.

• Make sure your PC is plugged in as the rollback might get interrupted due to power off. Click on the
      Go back to Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 button.

• Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Once the rollback process is completed, your PC will automatically be booted into your previous version of Windows.

Reference:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/how-to-recover-restore-your-previous-version-of/94368560-9c64-4387-92b9-82a9234216ad

Refer to the below link to know more about windows 10 upgrade,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12435/windows-10-upgrade-faq

And also refer to the suggestion provided by Andre Da Costa
    on January 22, 2015 regarding windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/frequently-asked-questions-windows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 2, 2020
  4. How to rollback to previous state of windows 10 system settings ?

Bug Report: Windows 10 rollback to Windows 7 crashes system, renders drive unbootable.

Hello Sam,

I realize that the rollback to previous Windows did not work from Windows 10 to Windows 7. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Did you get any error messages when the roll back stopped?
    • Is the operating system unbootable?
    • When was the Windows 10 upgraded?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

How to rollback to previous state of windows 10 system settings ?

1. How to rollback to previous state of windows 10 system settings ? - Similar Threads - rollback previous state

2. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot: Recently, my computer experienced a blue screen, and now whenever it is turned off or reset it seems to revert to the state it was in immediately before the blue screen. Any files that I download or move to any part of the computer are gone on reboot. Any files that I delete...
  3. rollback to previous sound output device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rollback to previous sound output device.: I accidentally changed an speaker output device and MS has changed the device names the former advice on my problem does not locate what I think I need help with....
  4. rollback to previous sound output device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rollback to previous sound output device.: I accidentally changed an speaker output device and MS has changed the device names the former advice on my problem does not locate what I think I need help with....
  5. rollback to previous sound output device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 10 rollback restoring your previous version of Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 rollback restoring your previous version of Windows: i wanted rollback because i wasnt aware that the new may update 2020 would be unstable so i rollback my pc and its stuck. It keeps restarting a few minutes or so then boots up to “restoring your previous version of Windows” is that normal? Wait for it to rollback? Is there...
  7. Rollback - How to revert to previous version of windows after 10 days

Rollback - How to revert to previous version of windows after 10 days: Our computers updated to V1903. Upon returning to work from being away we realized our printers are not working due to windows update. We are after the 10 day period of reverting back due to being out of town and now we can't do any printing... How do I get back to a previous...
  8. Windows 10 Rollback to previous build stuck

Windows 10 Rollback to previous build stuck: 1. Windows 10 shoved another of its "updates" down my throat 2. The update messed up my sound system's "Stereo Mix" recording device file. 3. Because I it had been recommended BY A MICROSOFT SUPPORT TECNICIAN at a prior occurance of this exact same thing happening, I...
  9. How to rollback the windows 10 installation to previous state as I lost many of my...

How to rollback the windows 10 installation to previous state as I lost many of my...: I incidentally did "refresh button" without having aware of loosing many installed application. And I could not stop until finish, But then I realize that I was doing a new installation for my windows and laptop. We saw there was still Windows.old, in our folder list in c:\....
  10. How do i cancel the rollback to a previous version of Windows?

How do i cancel the rollback to a previous version of Windows?: Hello, i accidentally clicked Go to a previous version of Windows when trying to fix my desktop computer. My motherboard is this if you´re wondering: GIGABYTE Z170 Gaming K3. 72705