Windows 10: how to run 16bit apps in windows 10 64bit

Discus and support how to run 16bit apps in windows 10 64bit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how i will do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-16bit-apps-in-windows-10-64bit/92d323be-3ba2-4c23-b64d-88fb546883a0 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by name4, Jun 8, 2019.

1. name4 Win User

how to run 16bit apps in windows 10 64bit

how i will do it

:)

name4, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Matt316 Win User

Why not a 16bit on a 64bit system

Hi,

I'm not sure if this question ought to be here or in hardware, but it does have to do with software and apps.

I have a 64bit processor. It can run 32bit software, but not 16bit. I can understand why a 32bit processor could not run a 64bit program as the 64 bits do not fit into the 32 bit registers. I can understand why a 32 bit program will run in a 64 bit processor - as long as it recognises that it is a 32 bit program so there are no overflow problems. But I can't understand why a 16 bit program cannot run in a 64 bit processor. Surely there should be no greater problem doing this that for a 32 bit one. Or is there?

Matt

Matt316, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Why not a 16bit on a 64bit system

Direct binary conversion of 16-bit code to 32/64-bit code, while theoretically possible, means implementing the entire x86 ISA and all it's quirks in software. At that point you're basically writing an emulator. DOSBOX and QEMU have been around for 15+ years and they still have emulation issues. In addition, you would still require an OS-level translation layer to handle memory, hardware accesses, and software interfaces.

Even on 32-bit Windows, where the CPU can actually be switched to 16-bit mode, a translation layer was needed to run 16-bit apps - Virtual DOS machine - Wikipedia .

So what you're saying is possible but MS has very little financial incentive to do it.

PolarNettles, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. how to run 16bit apps in windows 10 64bit - Similar Threads - run 16bit apps

2. How to get rid of 16bit application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of 16bit application?: I am getting this notification, but I don't know where it came from. Now I want to get rid of this problem. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-16bit-application/3337d9df-2740-4e37-8bd4-387721292eef
  3. How to get rid of 16bit application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of 16bit application?: I am getting this notification, but I don't know where it came from. Now I want to get rid of this problem. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-16bit-application/3337d9df-2740-4e37-8bd4-387721292eef
  4. Migrating 16bit DOS based console application developed in C/C++ to 64bit on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Migrating 16bit DOS based console application developed in C/C++ to 64bit on Windows 10: Hello All,I am trying to migrate a MSDOS based console application developed in C/C++ language 16bit platform using TC86 Borland C++ 3.1 to Windows 10 64 bit platform. What are the procedure I need to adopt so that I can easily migrate my application to 64bit Windows 10...
  5. Photos App on Windows 10 64bit

Photos App on Windows 10 64bit: How do I remove the Photos App from my PC. I have installed Photo Gallery which I find convenient as it allows the use of tags to help locate images. regards John S...
  6. Are ARM-Based Processors able to run a 64bit app?

Are ARM-Based Processors able to run a 64bit app?: So basically, my pc has an ARM processor and i want to know if ARM processors can handle 64bit apps. I am asking this question because whenever i try to download a 64bit app It says this application needs a 64 bit system....
  7. Many Win 10 64bit services not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many Win 10 64bit services not running: Have a computer that isn't running many (a ton) of its services. They show their status as either "Manual" or "Nanual (Trigger Start)." None of these will allow me to change/start their operation. Suggestions please....
  8. typeshala doesnt run in windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    typeshala doesnt run in windows 10 64bit: i am trying to install typeshala in 64 bit windows 10 but it cant run it says "this apps cant run in your pc" how can i run this program in windows10 64bit...
  9. running a Digitech video grabber on windows 10 64bit

running a Digitech video grabber on windows 10 64bit: I am trying to record video and audio from a VHS tape on a VCR machine using a digitech video grabber. I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 10 64BIT, the computer reads the grabber as an audio device only. The graphics card is a GeForce GT 360, running Direct x 12, is this a problem? The...
  10. Why not a 16bit on a 64bit system

Why not a 16bit on a 64bit system: Hi, I'm not sure if this question ought to be here or in hardware, but it does have to do with software and apps. I have a 64bit processor. It can run 32bit software, but not 16bit. I can understand why a 32bit processor could not run a 64bit program as the 64 bits do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to run run 16bit applications on 64bit Windows

2. can i setup a vm to run a 16bit program on a 64bit computer

3. typeshala 64 bits for win10

4. how to run typeshala in windows 10,
  5. windows 10 dosbox 64 bit,
  6. can i run 16bit program on 64bit win 10,
  7. dosbox win 10 64 bit,
  8. cant open ms dos application,
  9. whow to make windows ten run 64bit apps