Windows 10: How to run a .bat file as administrator in startup?

Discus and support How to run a .bat file as administrator in startup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. As BitDefender as an ongoing error, I want to run a small "bdfix.bat" at login time. But this .bat file MUST be run as an administrator to work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Burgurne, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Burgurne Win User

How to run a .bat file as administrator in startup?

Hello.
    As BitDefender as an ongoing error, I want to run a small "bdfix.bat" at login time. But this .bat file MUST be run as an administrator to work. How do I do that? *Redface

:)

Burgurne, Nov 3, 2018
  2. Farzad_K Win User

Run a .bat file as Admin During Startup

Thanks. I have tried that and yet the selection of Run as administrator under the Advanced Properties doesn't seem to stay and the .bat file does not get executed with that level.

Farzad

Farzad_K, Nov 3, 2018
  3. CapnM Win User
    Suddenly can't run bat files as administrator

New, weird, behavior --

If I right click on a bat file, and Run as Administrator, all I get is a brief flash (perhaps a command window?).
    Just double clicking on it runs as expected (though not elevated, which is what I need).
    If I open an elevated command window and run the bat file within that window it works fine.

So I have a workaround, but it's still annoying.
    It's always worked as expected in the past, I last used the batch files about a week ago.

Tested with a simple bat file (echo "hello", pause). Same results.

The fact that it is only a problem when I try Run as Administrator has me baffled.

WIn10 Home build 10240, administrator user account

CapnM, Nov 3, 2018
  4. XweAponX Win User

Suddenly can't run bat files as administrator

Are you right-clicking on the file and running it "as administrator"? Because with Bat files, you should open a Command Prompt (Admin) By pressing Windows key+X, then after it is open, CD to the folder where the BAT files are, and then run it. That way, you can see if it ran or if it failed.

XweAponX, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

1. How to run a .bat file as administrator in startup? - Similar Threads - run bat file

2. How to hide a bat file that is opening on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide a bat file that is opening on startup?: Hi i was just wondering how to hide a bat file that opens a powershell and runs a comand on startup.To run this i am using Run and then "shell:startup".I am runing this command for my window manager:"komorebic start -c "$Env:USERPROFILE\komorebi.json" --whkd"System: Windows...
  3. How to hide a bat file that is opening on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide a bat file that is opening on startup?: Hi i was just wondering how to hide a bat file that opens a powershell and runs a comand on startup.To run this i am using Run and then "shell:startup".I am runing this command for my window manager:"komorebic start -c "$Env:USERPROFILE\komorebi.json" --whkd"System: Windows...
  4. Is it safe to run this bat file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to run this bat file?: Spo I was wondering how to get sandbox on windows 10 home and I came across this forum saying that I could run this bat file to try and install it.Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition Tutorials tenforums.comThe bat file I downloaded was not blocked by...
  5. Can't run .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run .bat files: I haven't run a .bat file in quite a while, so perhaps I unknowingly did something along the was that prompted this problem. I was trying to run Brinks "Reset_Notification_Area_Icons_Cache.bat", but instead the file opens in my text editor. I disassociated .bat in that text...
  6. Run a .bat file as Admin During Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run a .bat file as Admin During Startup: Hello, I have a batch file that executes certain commands and one of these commands requires admin privilege. When I place this file in the startup folder the command fails. Right clicking on it and setting it to run as admin doesn't work. I am told scripts can be...
  7. Bat Files Won't Run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat Files Won't Run?: Basically I'm installing BattlEye for a Steam game and I click the .bat file in the game's subfolder to download it (when I was prompted to download it I clicked no but now I practically need it for most servers), and I download the .bat from the main website and it also...
  8. Suddenly can't run bat files as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly can't run bat files as administrator: New, weird, behavior -- If I right click on a bat file, and Run as Administrator, all I get is a brief flash (perhaps a command window?). Just double clicking on it runs as expected (though not elevated, which is what I need). If I open an elevated command window and run...
  9. Trouble running .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble running .bat files: Hi, I'm trying to run .bat files on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC". It doesn't matter what I use it for, .bat files just won't run anyway. Are .bat files no longer supported? (ran fine on Windows 7) Any workarounds? I'm no expert on...
  10. Can't Run .Bat Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Run .Bat Files: I try to run .bat files and the just run in note pad. There is no "open with" option. 48199

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 run a batch file as administrator on startup

2. Windows 10 files executed during startup

3. bat run as admin start

4. run batch file on startup,
  5. running batch file as administrator on startup,
  6. how to run a bat file at startup,
  7. run bat as admin on startup,
  8. windows startup bat as administrator