Windows 10: How to run a perl script in Win 10

Discus and support How to run a perl script in Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings! This is my first TenForums post. Running win 10. I am experimenting with a new (for me) browser called Vivaldi. I successfully imported my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VLMin, Aug 3, 2021.

1. VLMin Win User

How to run a perl script in Win 10

Greetings! This is my first TenForums post. Running win 10. I am experimenting with a new (for me) browser called Vivaldi. I successfully imported my Firefox bookmarks, but Vivaldi's import is from a standard html file, so it does not transfer Firefox keywords as nicknames, nor does it transfer separators. Someone has written a perl script to accomplish this post import. Information about the script is located here: Annotate Vivaldi Bookmarks. Following the author's suggestion, I successfully installed activeperl. I see no way to contact the author. His instructions include a usage example for Windows users. The opening lines from this example are: > set BOOKMARKS="%LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Bookmarks" > set HTML="C:\Data\WWW\Checkpoints\GJS Bookmarks 2019-07-18 1732.html" > perl -S annotate_vivaldi_bookmarks.pl -trees %HTML% %BOOKMARKS% But when I type the first line into the CMD window, I get back a message saying that "BOOKMARKS" is not a valid command. This, of course, makes sense, but I've never done this before and don't know how to proceed next. If someone here would be willing to take a look at this, I'd be most grateful. Thank you.

:)

VLMin, Aug 3, 2021

2. Simple perl scripts:

This thread is for simple perl scripts or code snippets. *Smile How to run a perl script in Win 10 :)

Here is a link to my perl/tk program posted earlier:
    perl/Tk used to find your State Representatives

Here I've started the script:

How to run a perl script in Win 10 [​IMG]

Here I've entered NJ along w/ hitting the <Enter> button:

How to run a perl script in Win 10 [​IMG]

regexorcist, Aug 3, 2021
  3. bpgt64 Win User
    Perl/PhP coding assistance

So, I have been tasked with creating a Perl Script, that parses an XML document for the 5 fields of information repeated in the document in the same order. Returning those 5 items, as Columns 1, Columns 2, Columns 3, 4 and 5 of a Table. I haven't the slightest idea on how to code or where to start. Any thoughts or suggestions? Should I be working with a different scripting language than Perl? or...?

The PhP end of this, is that I need to integrate the Perl script into a website, that allows a user to browse to the xml document of there own, and returns the Table described above to the Web Page.

I have a copy of Frozen Synapse, and Sanctum on Steam for anyone who can help me get this up and running. I have hosting capability and ftp access I can give to my personal Ubuntu web server to trying to set it up.

bpgt64, Aug 3, 2021
  4. How to run a perl script in Win 10

long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

How to run a perl script in Win 10

1. How to run a perl script in Win 10 - Similar Threads - run perl script

2. Perl for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Perl for Windows 11: Hi All,I want to write in Latex under Visual Studio Code. I installed MikTex and Latex Workshop extension. But on test run of a latex file, I got an error"Make sure 'perl' is installed on your system."I went to perl.org website, but it seems that I cannot select Windows 11...
  3. Perl for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Perl for Windows 11: Hi All,I want to write in Latex under Visual Studio Code. I installed MikTex and Latex Workshop extension. But on test run of a latex file, I got an error"Make sure 'perl' is installed on your system."I went to perl.org website, but it seems that I cannot select Windows 11...
  4. Perl download, not downloading?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Perl download, not downloading?: So I downloaded ActiveState Perl for Windows 10. I went through the download process, and then it said the download was complete. Although in CMD it says that the command Perl is not recognized, when I use: perl -v Any idea on why this is happening? submitted by...
  5. Long running scripts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long running scripts: I'm not a computer savvy person so bear with me. About a week ago You Tube started acting strange with its' presentation and got much slower in reacting to my inputs. I have a laptop with Windows 10. I can't get to tools to start getting to my add-ons. HELP! I also keep...
  6. How to run RA2 on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run RA2 on win 10: Hello, I want to play Old games- RA2 on my desktop running Windows 10, I can play Ra on Windows 7. So how can i run ra2 on Win 10? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-ra2-on-win-10/ccf2255a-eebf-4884-b36b-aaa4a2546087
  7. LONG RUNNING SCRIPT

LONG RUNNING SCRIPT: WHY WON'T WINDOWS HELP SOLVE THIS ISSUE ? SURELY IT IS A WINDOWS PROBLEM AND NOT UP TO CUSTOMERS TO SOLVE IT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-script/f3050033-8ca9-44b9-bb58-4e05a8a740ef
  8. Script running

Script running: Every so often my computer will freeze on a page. I get a message push this button to stop the script, when I do this the page will unfreeze. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-running/95442ea7-9470-4cf6-815a-b9a626b9af61
  9. Long running scripts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Long running scripts: Keep getting message program wont respond due to long running scripts and locks up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-scripts/fd5b706d-50e8-405d-9921-f46d1eab1bef
  10. Running Script

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Script: I am running Windows 10 / IE 11 and I keep getting a running script error (“Do you want to continue running scripts on this page”?) and it is driving me crazy. I am not real tech savvy so I don’t know where to look on how to. It just started doing it and I have been using...