Windows 10: How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard

Discus and support How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm running a program that requires me to enter a Serial number every time a start it. So can i start it and automatically copy my SN to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Moaz, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Moaz Win User

How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard

Hi everyone,
    I'm running a program that requires me to enter a Serial number every time a start it. So can i start it and automatically copy my SN to the clipboard so I can paste it right away, and I used to run the program from task bar shortcut.

any way I use this .bat file:
    @echo off
    start "Program" "C:\Program Files\program\program.exe"
    start "SN" "C:\Program Files\program\xxxxxx.txt"

so it opens the text file right away, but I want to copy it right away without having to switch to the text file and close it

:)

Moaz, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Jay_answers Win User

Where is the Clipboard?

The clipboard is not something you can find. It is (at least on the windows phone) an inaccessible part of the phone, where your last copied text is stored.

This is how it works.

• You highlight a text, and say COPY.
    • the phone OS puts information in the CLIPBOARD.
    • You go another area where text can be input and tap PASTE. Whatever information is in the CLIPBOARD gets pasted.

Jay_answers, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    clipboard

Hi Randy,

This might be possible if there is an option from the app to copy the file path of each clipboards. As per our research, the clipboard manager lets you copy texts but not images. We suggest checking the functionalities of the clipboard manager and contacting
    the app developer directly to have better assistance on how copy the clipboards.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Aug 5, 2018
  4. obadakikar Win User

C# Question: How to make Programs Copy text from websites

hello, i wanna make a program that adds/Sets new Text in Clipboard but the text that is getting copied is too large and visual studio does not support that, so what I wanna do is that I add the text using Pastebin and then connect the Pastebin (Raw) URL to
    the program and then each time button1, for example, is clicked, the button will set their previous Clipboard (Copied Text) to the text that was from the Pastebin URL

obadakikar, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard - Similar Threads - run program copy

2. Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.: I lose transparency when copying and pasting from Photoshop to Illustrator. I believe this is because when switching applications, Photoshop exports the clipboard data to the OS clipboard, and Windows clipboard(as I understand it) only takes image data as BMP which doesn't...
  3. Copying text

Copying text: After I have selected (i.e., highlighted) text (in Word, emails, the internet) I wish to copy, when I right click to access the Copy function in the drop-down box the selection (i.e., highlighting) disappears before I can copy the text....
  4. automatically copy selected text

automatically copy selected text: Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically copy text selected with the mouse. This works on PowerShell but I would like to use it system wide. This is the way the mouse works in X-windows. Maybe there is a way to script this behavior?...
  5. Inserting text with hotkey saves it to clipboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Inserting text with hotkey saves it to clipboard: I have some info assigned to hotkeys. When I enter into a form the string is also saved to the clipboard. How can I prevent this? 114471
  6. how to disable clipboard, or copy and paste using registry or gpedit

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable clipboard, or copy and paste using registry or gpedit: is there anyway to permanently disable clipboard or copy and paste in windows 10, best thing ifound was stopper and prevent and there easy to bypass is there anything i can do in gpedit or the registry to disable it permanently 111885
  7. Copying Program Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying Program Problem: I wonder if someone can help me with this problem. I have a Bridge Scoring program on my Windows 10 laptop which runs without a problem. I want to provide a copy (it's was a free program but is now no longer available) to a colleague who has a two year old laptop running on...
  8. How to run a program in task scheduler?

How to run a program in task scheduler?: I have installed Speedfan and it won't run at the windows startup, so I tried to schedule it in task scheduler, I am not familiar with using it and wondered if there is a guide for W10 64 anywhere or if anyone can tell me how? Many thanks in advance! John. 13863
  9. How to tell if a program is running 'As administrator'

How to tell if a program is running 'As administrator': When an application is open, is there some way to tell if it's being run 'As Administrator'? Terry, East Grinstead, UK 89905
  10. PRNTSCR Print Screen does not copy to clipboard

in Windows 10 Support
    PRNTSCR Print Screen does not copy to clipboard: As of yesterday, when I press the PrntScr (Print Screen) button on my laptop, it does not copy to the clipboard. So for example, if I PrntScr my desktop and try to paste it in MS Word or MS Paint or anything, it will simply not paste anything, or paste the last thing that was...