Windows 10: How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard

Discus and support How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm running a program that requires me to enter a Serial number every time a start it. So can i start it and automatically copy my SN to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Moaz, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Moaz Win User

How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard

Hi everyone,
    I'm running a program that requires me to enter a Serial number every time a start it. So can i start it and automatically copy my SN to the clipboard so I can paste it right away, and I used to run the program from task bar shortcut.

any way I use this .bat file:
    @echo off
    start "Program" "C:\Program Files\program\program.exe"
    start "SN" "C:\Program Files\program\xxxxxx.txt"

so it opens the text file right away, but I want to copy it right away without having to switch to the text file and close it

:)

Moaz, Aug 5, 2018

2. Where is the Clipboard?

The clipboard is not something you can find. It is (at least on the windows phone) an inaccessible part of the phone, where your last copied text is stored.

This is how it works.

• You highlight a text, and say COPY.
    • the phone OS puts information in the CLIPBOARD.
    • You go another area where text can be input and tap PASTE. Whatever information is in the CLIPBOARD gets pasted.

Jay_answers, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    clipboard

Hi Randy,

This might be possible if there is an option from the app to copy the file path of each clipboards. As per our research, the clipboard manager lets you copy texts but not images. We suggest checking the functionalities of the clipboard manager and contacting
    the app developer directly to have better assistance on how copy the clipboards.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Aug 5, 2018
  4. How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard

C# Question: How to make Programs Copy text from websites

hello, i wanna make a program that adds/Sets new Text in Clipboard but the text that is getting copied is too large and visual studio does not support that, so what I wanna do is that I add the text using Pastebin and then connect the Pastebin (Raw) URL to
    the program and then each time button1, for example, is clicked, the button will set their previous Clipboard (Copied Text) to the text that was from the Pastebin URL

obadakikar, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard

1. How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard - Similar Threads - run program copy

2. Clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one...: Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one page of text I'm writing a book and need to do quite a lot of copy and paste !!!...
  3. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...: Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one page of text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-basic-clipboard-issue-not-all/1819b887-2636-4cea-a01a-00473acb481a
  4. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...: Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one page of text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-basic-clipboard-issue-not-all/1819b887-2636-4cea-a01a-00473acb481a
  5. how to copy clipboard to paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to copy clipboard to paint: how to copy clipboard to paint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-clipboard-to-paint/abb8e2fb-65b7-4f68-b07b-8f8c80e5547a
  6. how to copy clipboard to paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to copy clipboard to paint: how to copy clipboard to paint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-clipboard-to-paint/abb8e2fb-65b7-4f68-b07b-8f8c80e5547a
  7. how to copy clipboard to paint

8. Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard

Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard: Does anyone know how to modify the tutorial "Copy Contents to Clipboard" through some sort of command or bat file to copy the contents of multiple text files at once to the clipboard, each file separated by lines/space or something? Add Copy Contents to Clipboard to Context...
  9. Web Site text copied to Clipboard won't paste.

in Windows 10 Support
    Web Site text copied to Clipboard won't paste.: A web site I use has an option to copy to clipboard. If I copy and press Win key + V the Clipboard opens and the copied item is there, but if I then try to paste into a file the paste option is greyed out. and I cannot paste. Any ideas please? 133743
  10. Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?

in Windows 10 Support
    Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?: By simply highlighting text it gets copied to the clipboard overwriting content already there. I think I may have set this to happen some time ago and can't now workout how I did it, or how to undo it. Can anyone help me stop this behaviour? 125264