How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard

Discus and support How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm running a program that requires me to enter a Serial number every time a start it. So can i start it and automatically copy my SN to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Moaz, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Moaz Win User

Hi everyone,
    I'm running a program that requires me to enter a Serial number every time a start it. So can i start it and automatically copy my SN to the clipboard so I can paste it right away, and I used to run the program from task bar shortcut.

any way I use this .bat file:
    @echo off
    start "Program" "C:\Program Files\program\program.exe"
    start "SN" "C:\Program Files\program\xxxxxx.txt"

so it opens the text file right away, but I want to copy it right away without having to switch to the text file and close it

:)

Moaz, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Jay_answers Win User

Where is the Clipboard?

The clipboard is not something you can find. It is (at least on the windows phone) an inaccessible part of the phone, where your last copied text is stored.

This is how it works.

• You highlight a text, and say COPY.
    • the phone OS puts information in the CLIPBOARD.
    • You go another area where text can be input and tap PASTE. Whatever information is in the CLIPBOARD gets pasted.

Jay_answers, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    clipboard

Hi Randy,

This might be possible if there is an option from the app to copy the file path of each clipboards. As per our research, the clipboard manager lets you copy texts but not images. We suggest checking the functionalities of the clipboard manager and contacting
    the app developer directly to have better assistance on how copy the clipboards.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Aug 5, 2018
  4. obadakikar Win User

C# Question: How to make Programs Copy text from websites

hello, i wanna make a program that adds/Sets new Text in Clipboard but the text that is getting copied is too large and visual studio does not support that, so what I wanna do is that I add the text using Pastebin and then connect the Pastebin (Raw) URL to
    the program and then each time button1, for example, is clicked, the button will set their previous Clipboard (Copied Text) to the text that was from the Pastebin URL

obadakikar, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to run a program and copy text to the clipboard - Similar Threads - run program copy

2. How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( )

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( ): TL;DR I opened a notepad that I have, clicked save as and then saved it with the same name in the same directory(i.e replaced it). Can I recover the previous version of the note pad? full story: I reset my windows. after that, I get a problem where my notepad files that...
  3. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper...
  4. Resetting PC to factory settings: How do I keep Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting PC to factory settings: How do I keep Windows 10?: It looks like I am going to need to reset my desktop PC to it's original factory settings, due to a serious infection, which I cannot resolve by any other means. The PC came with Windows 8 installed, and I got the free upgrade to Windows 10 in the usual way. As the system...
  5. How to display on three screens?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display on three screens?: I am working off a lap top on a dock with two other screens. When I go to display setting it only recognizes 2 screens . How do I get it to "see" my three screens so I can display on all of them?...
  6. How can I get all the drivers on a newly windows 10 laptop/pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I get all the drivers on a newly windows 10 laptop/pc: Hey , I just want to know , how can i get all needed drivers for any new windows 10 machine. I know that windows will try to install them , on all new machines, but it will not install the perfect drivers and it will also not install all the drivers ( I think ). I know that...
  7. Language in Start menu program list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language in Start menu program list: Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start menu programs are shown in English....
  8. How to set a service to a specific logon account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to set a service to a specific logon account?: Microsoft update service starts automatically. So I wanna set the service to a specific account. Windows version: 1709, build: 16299.547....
  9. RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...: This is a reply/resolution to feedback that I had submitted a while back, that I had for over a year of trying to install the latest updates of Windows 10, and the issues i was having, My suggestion is that the Microsoft team really needs to look into this issue, and try to...
  10. How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10: Windows 10 has a feature that allows part of your hard drive to work the same way that RAM(Random Access Memory) does. Known as virtual memory, it is important to system stability and can help improve your computer’s performance when properly configured. Before covering how...