Windows 10: how to run a program in background, hidden

Discus and support how to run a program in background, hidden in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an issue struggling me on my laptop. It seems I can't disable sleep/hibernation in any way. No chances, tried lots of things. Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mfran2002, Feb 12, 2021.

1. mfran2002 Win User

how to run a program in background, hidden

Hi all,
    I have an issue struggling me on my laptop.
    It seems I can't disable sleep/hibernation in any way. No chances, tried lots of things.
    Now I would like to try launching a small something, hidden (not to disturb or bother everything I'm doing), in background.
    Someone told me it should work.
    I would like to schedule this run as well (my idea is to have it always running to prevent the sleeping)

Do you know I have to do to launch in background, hidden, a small program?

a neverending ping could be enough?

thanks!

:)

mfran2002, Feb 12, 2021

2. GPU not idling when program running in background

Whenever there is a program running in background like utorrent, the clock is stuck at 993mhz and the memory at 1500mhz..when I turn it off, the clocks are back to normal...need a fix ..drivers are the latest whql (not 337.5)..clock is measured from zotac firestorm..(use it for fan curve also..works flawlessly)..any suggestions will be appreciated..

ELiTRiGG3R, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Davidk03 Win User
    Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Feb 12, 2021
  4. opal73 Win User

How can I find hidden programs running in the background?

Is there a way to find hidden programs running in the background, on my Windows 10 laptop?
    I'm referring to programs that are set to not show up in Task manager or Process explorer.

opal73, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

1. how to run a program in background, hidden - Similar Threads - run program background

2. Program will open but only run in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program will open but only run in background: I was trying to help someone with this issue on their computer. The app was working fine until he tried installing a new program, which required him to restart his computer. Once he restarted his computer the app would not open in the foreground. When we try opening the...
  3. Program will open but only run in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program will open but only run in background: I was trying to help someone with this issue on their computer. The app was working fine until he tried installing a new program, which required him to restart his computer. Once he restarted his computer the app would not open in the foreground. When we try opening the...
  4. Program will open but only run in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how to run a program in background, hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    how to run a program in background, hidden: Hi all, I have an issue struggling me on my laptop. It seems I can't disable sleep/hibernation in any way. No chances, tried lots of things. Now I would like to try launching a small something, hidden (not to disturb or bother everything I'm doing), in background. Someone...
  6. How to run a program automatically in background at startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to run a program automatically in background at startup?: I want to run a software that I had installed for my headphone but I don't want to open it again and again whenever I open my computer. So please suggest me some ideas. Note:- I want to run the software in background...
  7. close program running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    close program running in background: when I shut down, where is always a program running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-program-running-in-background/3f614455-a691-49db-ab18-65981ea0cd5f
  8. How can I find hidden programs running in the background?

How can I find hidden programs running in the background?: Is there a way to find hidden programs running in the background, on my Windows 10 laptop? I'm referring to programs that are set to not show up in Task manager or Process explorer. 137515
  9. How shut off screen while programs run in background?

in Windows 10 Support
    How shut off screen while programs run in background?: Folks, I've got a new build. I use it to run a security camera program, Blue Iris. It runs Blue Iris 24/7. What I'd like is for the screen to go blank 30 minutes after the last mouse or keyboard input. How do I do this? Setting power plan does not work, since the...
  10. Hidden Program

Hidden Program: I just created a new user profile as my old profile was corrupt. I tried re-installing Launch Manager from Acer, but it says I can't install it because the folder already exists. It is not appearing in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Should I install Revo?...