Windows 10: How to run a program in secret?

Discus and support How to run a program in secret? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a program, that when it runs, it KNOWS that another program is running, and as a part of some security protocol refuses to run (Well, not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarzellaBrown, Sep 21, 2019.

1. How to run a program in secret?

I have a program, that when it runs, it KNOWS that another program is running, and as a part of some security protocol refuses to run (Well, not exactly, it puts up a block over the text on the screen and tells me that the block will be removed when I end the other task).

I don't appreciate that this program has the ability to know what I am doing, and refuse to behave based on my other activities. I paid for the program in good faith, it is none of its business what I do on my machine.

How do I prevent this behavior? How can I stop it from knowing if I am running a particular application, in the background or at all? Is there some key that I can adjust? Is there a way to run a task privately, or hidden but in the foreground?

Thanks;

:)

MarzellaBrown, Sep 21, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Joe9090 Win User
    Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Sep 21, 2019
  4. How to run a program in secret?

0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

How to run a program in secret?

1. How to run a program in secret? - Similar Threads - run program secret

2. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  3. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  4. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hello! How to run program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello! How to run program?: Hello! How to run program? this application cannot run because it causes security or performance issues on windows a new version may be available check with your software provider for an updated version that runs on this version of windows...
  6. Hello! How to run program?

Hello! How to run program?: Hello! How to run program? this application cannot run because it causes security or performance issues on windows a new version may be available check with your software provider for an updated version that runs on this version of windows...
  7. secret screen recorder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    secret screen recorder?: Is there a Windows app that allows me to record anything on the screen without the recording app showing in the task manager? submitted by /u/ta1999999999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsat2a/secret_screen_recorder/
  8. How to change secret answer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change secret answer: How to change my secret answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-secret-answer/89eb4443-64cb-4e2a-9cb1-5ddfc063490c
  9. Broken App Data-Can't Delete-Running In Secret?

Broken App Data-Can't Delete-Running In Secret?: So a couple months ago I had downloaded an app called Discord, but then I couldn't start it so I ended up looking through it's files. Whenever I'd try to delete a file, a message would pop up saying that "This file is open right now" and "can't be deleted until I close it",...
  10. Applications are multiplying and running in secret.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications are multiplying and running in secret.: My computer has been slow lately, so i checked my task manager and noticed that some of my applications have actually 2-10 more of those apps running in the background. Say if i open google chrome, it should be a single one per tab. Instead it has 8 of them opened but I still...