Windows 10: how to run as administrator an application which is in startup folder of my user profile

Discus and support how to run as administrator an application which is in startup folder of my user profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi , I have a simple batch file which sync the time for me when I log on to my system, I put the shortcut of that batch file in my user profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ARJUN-SINGH, May 20, 2020.

1. how to run as administrator an application which is in startup folder of my user profile

Hi ,

I have a simple batch file which sync the time for me when I log on to my system, I put the shortcut of that batch file in my user profile startup path with"shell:startup" run box command. I have enable the check box in the properties of the shortcut file to run as administrator. I dont want to change the user account control setting but want to run that file run as administrator. what is the way to do that.I have tried many method e.g add the administrator group to that file but still not able to do that.

:)

ARJUN-SINGH, May 20, 2020

2. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 20, 2020
  3. How to activate the inactive administrator user profile on Windows 10?

Hello Gimm,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue.

You may be facing the above issue due to the corrupted user profile on the PC.
    Enable built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new administrator user profile, transfer all the data from the previous administrative user profile and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open elevated command prompt by entering Safe mode with Command prompt.
      To go to safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command prompt.

• Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes

• Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges.

• Delete the corrupted user account from the built in administrator.

• Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L, and sign-in at the
      Administrator account.

• Check if the issue persist and you can disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).

Step 2: To create a new administrative user account follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by right clicking on the
      Start icon and select Command prompt (Admin).

• Type net user NewAccount password /add
      and click Enter.

• Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.

• Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 20, 2020
  4. how to run as administrator an application which is in startup folder of my user profile

Administrator account, error message: "The user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded" Windows 10.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the system to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Occasionally, Windows might not read your user profile correctly, such as if your antivirus software is scanning your computer while you try to log on. Before you follow the methods given in the suggested article, try restarting your computer and logging
    on with your user account again to resolve the issue.

Let’s try to refer to the suggestions provided by Arul_D replied on February 11, 2016, to fix your issue.

user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded

Further, you may have to enable the built in admin account from the recovery environment, login to that account and then create a new admin account. Once this is done disable the built in admin account and login to the new admin account to check, if that
    helps.

Enable built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new administrator user profile and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open elevated command prompt by entering Safe mode with Command prompt.
      To go to Safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift (key on the keyboard) + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command prompt.
    • Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes to activate the built-in administrator.
    • Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges (steps given below).
    • Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L keys on the keyboard and sign-in into the
      Administrator account.
    • Disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).
    Step 2: To create a new administrative user account
    follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by pressing Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • Type net user NewAccount password /add and click
      Enter
    • Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.
    • Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to make sure if the "User Profile Service"
    is started and automatic from the new admin user account

a. Press Windows key + R
    and type "services.msc" in the run box and press Enter.

b. In services Window check for "User Profile Service"status.

c. If it is stopped, click on the drop down menu and click on
    automatic
    and click on start.

d. Check the status of the issue.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 20, 2020
Thema:

how to run as administrator an application which is in startup folder of my user profile

1. how to run as administrator an application which is in startup folder of my user profile - Similar Threads - run administrator application

2. Which is folder that is a Startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is folder that is a Startup?: I want to add WordWeb.exe to taskbar. System tray icons?Martin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-folder-that-is-a-startup/8a1344ef-4e79-4634-bf60-74ea4b39d104
  3. Which is folder that is a Startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is folder that is a Startup?: I want to add WordWeb.exe to taskbar.Martin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-folder-that-is-a-startup/8a1344ef-4e79-4634-bf60-74ea4b39d104
  4. I accidently moved the desktop folders location to my user profile/administrator folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidently moved the desktop folders location to my user profile/administrator folder: Now after resetting my pc and trying for a whole day, I can't figure out how to undo it. This is how it happened, I went into my desktop properties, to location tab, when changing it, it went back to previous parent folder, where my default user profiles are saved, i thought...
  5. Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User: I have both an administrator and standard account on my laptop. I use the standard account for every general task and do not use the administrator account unless absolutely needed. There are two pieces of software I want to run at startup every time either my standard account...
  6. Running a Application as Administrator

Running a Application as Administrator: How do you change a shortcut to run the application as the Administrator ? Currently I right click the shortcut and then click run as administrator. Thanks...
  7. User Profile for Hidden Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profile for Hidden Administrator: I occasionally use the Hidden Administrator account for security problems, stubborn undeletable files, etc. Question is can I use the User Profile from my W10 install on the Hidden Administrator? If yes, how? 40977
  8. My Application which is in Start up folder is not running

My Application which is in Start up folder is not running: My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restarting the computer. I find some solutions on internet like 1. Hkey_Local_Machine\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ System\ Set EnableLUA to 0 (See at right side - By Default it is set...
  9. My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restart: My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restarting the computer. I find some solutions on internet like 1. Hkey_Local_Machine\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ System\ Set EnableLUA to 0 (See at right side - By Default it is set...
  10. Can't run a shortcut in startup folder as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run a shortcut in startup folder as administrator: I have a program shortcut in the startup folder that I need to run as admin, otherwise it prompts me to do it manually after the system starts, which is annoying. The Shortcut tab has an Advanced button where I can check a Run as Admin box, but the system does not let me...