Windows 10: How to run bat File from Right Click Menu in specific folder ?

Discus and support How to run bat File from Right Click Menu in specific folder ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to run a .bat or .exe from the Right-Click Context menu as if it was actually running from a specific folder that I call up the context... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OtherWay1982, Oct 26, 2019.

1. How to run bat File from Right Click Menu in specific folder ?

Is it possible to run a .bat or .exe from the Right-Click Context menu as if it was actually running from a specific folder that I call up the context menu from ?

Example :
    The .bat works with files in the folder its placed in with .
    The way its written is it has to be in that folder. this was done for convenience.

I want to streamline this process by calling up this bat from the right click menu ; in any folder i click into :
    Have it act as if it was in that folder .

If this is possible how would I do this ? Thanks .

:)

OtherWay1982, Oct 26, 2019
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Oct 26, 2019
  3. NinjaNife Win User
    BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

I am wondering how to make a bat file that can delete all files below a certain size (in this case 10kb). I have a folder on my server that has game screenshots in it (taken by Punkbuster) and need to sort out the good shots from the bad, and figure this is easier than manually deleting thousands of files.. The "bad" shots (blanks with failed renders) range in size from 4kb-8kb, so the bat file can delete anything lower than 10kb with no issues. Is this possible, and if so how do I make one? Thanks for your help.

*EDIT*
    I have found a bat file that can delete specific types/sizes, but it only allows you to delete file sizes of 0kb (empty text documents and such), and replacing the "0" with "10" or any other number hasn't worked for me so far.

NinjaNife, Oct 26, 2019
  4. How to run bat File from Right Click Menu in specific folder ?

need help creating a file/folder listing *.bat file

Hope I understand the question properly. If you simply want a raw listing of all *.bat files in a folder, just run this command:

Code:
    The "/b" gives a bare listing with nothing but the file names. You can redirect that output to a file like this:

Code:
    If you want a directory listing a specific folder, do it like this:

Code:
    Finally, add a "/s" if you want to recurse subdirectories.

Naturally, you can put that into a batch file if you wish.

Did I understand the question correctly? If you need anything more, feel free to let me know.

hsehestedt, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

How to run bat File from Right Click Menu in specific folder ?

1. How to run bat File from Right Click Menu in specific folder ? - Similar Threads - run bat File

2. Open With is gone from the right-click on a file Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open With is gone from the right-click on a file Menu: Why would Microsoft remove the Open With option when right-clicking on a file in Windows 11? Who makes a poor design decision like that and why?...
  3. Open With is gone from the right-click on a file Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open With is gone from the right-click on a file Menu: Why would Microsoft remove the Open With option when right-clicking on a file in Windows 11? Who makes a poor design decision like that and why?...
  4. Scan to folder that is open from right click menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan to folder that is open from right click menu.: Anyone have ideas for me on how to trigger a scan from a printer/scanner from the right click context menu to the folder that is open? I've explored adding options to right click menu with registry editor, but can't figure out how to add a "Scan to this folder" option.Any...
  5. Scan to folder that is open from right click menu.

Scan to folder that is open from right click menu.: Anyone have ideas for me on how to trigger a scan from a printer/scanner from the right click context menu to the folder that is open? I've explored adding options to right click menu with registry editor, but can't figure out how to add a "Scan to this folder" option.Any...
  6. right click file menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click file menu: 1. Why did the file management drop down menu change from all the things you need to manage files to stuff you don't usually do as a first option on Windows 11? I need to delete a file it takes more clicks/steps to delete it etc. Why did they change that for the worse? Don't...
  7. right click file menu

right click file menu: 1. Why did the file management drop down menu change from all the things you need to manage files to stuff you don't usually do as a first option on Windows 11? I need to delete a file it takes more clicks/steps to delete it etc. Why did they change that for the worse? Don't...
  8. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  9. Run a specific command from a right click folder options list

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a specific command from a right click folder options list: Here is the situation so this might make more sense. I need this option one system that ONLY "I" ever access. A simple edit to the registry would be terrific. I would prefer not to sign in as the "super admin" so the "run as admin" is part of the script. It is a short...
  10. Right click menu for folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click menu for folders: my right click menu for folders on my desktop has a program at the top instead of the word open , so every time i click to open it opens the program instead of the folder. i can right click and go to open below and it will open properly. How does one change the order of the...