Windows 10: How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender

Discus and support How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After an update of Win 10 on 3 PC's, one of them refuses to run any part of the Bitdefender free edition. These 3 PC's all having been running Win 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Yarbdor, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Yarbdor Win User

How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender

After an update of Win 10 on 3 PC's, one of them refuses to run any part of the Bitdefender free edition. These 3 PC's all having been running Win 10 and bitdefender for about a year, only one is affected.
    It displays the message:

"This app has been blocked for your protection.
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this application. For more information contact the administrator"

I am the administrator.

I get the same message running any part of bit defender on my PC. I have tied to allow exceptions in Defender but that has had no effect so far.

Does anyone have a way through this other than Linux?

:)

Yarbdor, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Vijay B Win User

BitDefender missing

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would suggest you to search for BitDefender in the search next to start. If you are not able to find and if you have BitDefender CD/DVD, then I would suggest you to re-install BitDefender.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Oct 10, 2018
  3. blocked applications

Hi Eileen,

Windows Defender or another antivirus software will sometimes block a certain app or file from running or being installed. With this, you can check the
    quarantine section of the antivirus program you are using to see which program is being blocked. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What is the exact error message did you receive after launching or running the app?
    • Which antivirus program are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest disabling the Windows Defender SmartScreen and see if the app will run. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender on the search box and click on the first option.
    • On the left side of the window, click on the Window icon (App & browser control).
    • On the SmartScreen for Windows
      Store apps column, select Off.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 10, 2018
  4. How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender

Windows Defender collision with BitDefender

Bitdefender have a windows 10 compatible version of Bitdefender 2015, and that is the version that I installed. The notification to upgrade comes once Win 10 is installed (over Win 8.1 in my case).

My first step on receiving this PC was a disk format followed by a clean install of Win 8.1. No Norton or McAfee product has been installed on it since.

Davidcro_997, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender

1. How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender - Similar Threads - run blocked application

2. How to solve Application Blocked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to solve Application Blocked?: When I am using download tools via network of eduroam, it always show up this. I could use them several weeks ago and can use them via network of hotspot of my mobile phone. How to solve that? Application Blocked Access to the application you were trying to use has been...
  3. An Administrator has blocked an Application from running !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    An Administrator has blocked an Application from running !: i tried to run an app from a CD rom for a Trust Slimline Graphics tablet but was blocked from doing so by 'an administrator'. As far as i am concerned, I AM the administrator and so i dont understand who this other administrator could be i.e. [ATTACH] I then went to...
  4. How to allow a blocked application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to allow a blocked application: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an older Dell PC, I am finding that Windows Security is blocking applications that I trust such as HR Block tax software, Seagate backup, and Google backup and sync. I found the Microsoft help page "Allow a blocked app in...
  5. How to run RA2 on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run RA2 on win 10: Hello, I want to play Old games- RA2 on my desktop running Windows 10, I can play Ra on Windows 7. So how can i run ra2 on Win 10? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-ra2-on-win-10/ccf2255a-eebf-4884-b36b-aaa4a2546087
  6. Bitdefender Blocks Potential Windows Update Address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitdefender Blocks Potential Windows Update Address: Bitdefender 2020 is continuously providing the following notification: We blocked this dangerous page for your protection: http://151.205.4.137/pdata/075d9f0d716392d6/ctldl.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/disallowedcertstl.cab?a1cad813747d0470...
  7. application blocked

application blocked: Why did I just get a bunch of notifications saying ApplicationMicrosoftEdgeC has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-blocked/42e7f864-40d8-4295-bdad-b3380184b880
  8. applications blocked

applications blocked: applications blocked from graphic hardware. Can Microsoft help me to solve ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/applications-blocked/28b4b5cd-93e8-4543-939e-a44cf3c6352b
  9. Win 10 blocking install of programs, 'Don't Run' popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 blocking install of programs, 'Don't Run' popup: I know to click on 'more info' so I can tell it to install software I have purchased. Is this part of the user controls, and how do I get the computer to stop doing this ? The 'Don't Run' window isn't showing up for all software being blocked. Thanks ! 44156
  10. Win 10 Connected to internet but blocking acces to application!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Connected to internet but blocking acces to application!: Hi everybody, i am now encountering a series of bugs that i've never seen before in any windows. *sarc Situation: OS: Windows 10 Pro official 64 Connection type: Wifi, no firewall activated *Shock Applications impacted: Steam unable to connect, Google chrome unable to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. administrator has blocked you from running bitdefender

2. administrator has blocked this application bitdefender

3. what applications will be run on the bitdefender

4. an administrator has blocked you from running this app bitdefender,
  5. administrator blocking the installation of bitdefender