Windows 10: How to run cluster applications with a different user than SYSTEM or access DIO from within...

Discus and support How to run cluster applications with a different user than SYSTEM or access DIO from within... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 2019 servers, set up for clustering. The applications installed in the cluster are running as the SYSTEM user which I believe is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RA091013, Jun 7, 2022.

1. RA091013 Win User

How to run cluster applications with a different user than SYSTEM or access DIO from within...

I have Windows 2019 servers, set up for clustering. The applications installed in the cluster are running as the SYSTEM user which I believe is preventing the applications from accessing the DIO drivers. Applications run fine as administrator.The questions are: 1. How can I set up the cluster such that the applications in it run as a different user?2. Or is it possible to have the SYSTEM user have access to DIO drivers? Acromag PCI464Thanks in advance.

:)

RA091013, Jun 7, 2022

2. Perform Upgrade of Windows Cluster & SQL Cluster from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2

I am looking to perform Upgrade of Windows cluster on which SQL cluster is running 2008 R2 and i have to upgrade the OS to 2012 R2.

Please can some one suggest or share some step by step guide which i can refer.

Thanks in Advance!!

Kumar

NiteshKumar10, Jun 7, 2022
  3. Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 7, 2022
  4. How to run cluster applications with a different user than SYSTEM or access DIO from within...

The operating system is not presently configured to run this application.

Error message: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Even after doing all the above steps still my problem is not resolved. Please suggest some solution.

http://www.itsmetutor.com/

ItsmeAbinav, Jun 7, 2022
Thema:

How to run cluster applications with a different user than SYSTEM or access DIO from within...

1. How to run cluster applications with a different user than SYSTEM or access DIO from within... - Similar Threads - run cluster applications

2. Kusto cluster access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kusto cluster access: Hello, I have power automate flow running to execute Kusto queries. Part of the Kusto query accesses a Kusto cluster kvc7nn8qjvx58czv1ks7kw.southcentralus.kusto.windows.net, and this part throws an error:"ErrorReason": "BadRequest","ErrorMessage": "Errors occurred while...
  3. Kusto cluster access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kusto cluster access: Hello, I have power automate flow running to execute Kusto queries. Part of the Kusto query accesses a Kusto cluster kvc7nn8qjvx58czv1ks7kw.southcentralus.kusto.windows.net, and this part throws an error:"ErrorReason": "BadRequest","ErrorMessage": "Errors occurred while...
  4. How to run cluster applications with a different user than SYSTEM or access DIO from within...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run cluster applications with a different user than SYSTEM or access DIO from within...: I have Windows 2019 servers, set up for clustering. The applications installed in the cluster are running as the SYSTEM user which I believe is preventing the applications from accessing the DIO drivers. Applications run fine as administrator.The questions are: 1. How can I...
  5. How to run cluster applications with a different user than SYSTEM or access DIO from within...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run cluster applications with a different user than SYSTEM or access DIO from within...: I have Windows 2019 servers, set up for clustering. The applications installed in the cluster are running as the SYSTEM user which I believe is preventing the applications from accessing the DIO drivers. Applications run fine as administrator.The questions are: 1. How can I...
  6. how to grant access to different users for different subfolders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to grant access to different users for different subfolders?: Hi everyone,Is there a way to give access to multiple users to different subfolders all at once? or automatically?Here's the situation I'm facing: I have 500 users and 500 subfolders for them in our drive, and I need to give each one of them access to their folder only to...
  7. Cmd.exe 'powercfg -requests' different result when run within application

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cmd.exe 'powercfg -requests' different result when run within application: I am working on creating an application that monitors and controls sleep settings. I noticed that my application prevents the computer from sleeping because it uses an audio stream. I attempted to create an algorithm that would find all the drivers preventing sleep using...
  8. Cmd.exe powercfg -requests different when run within application

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cmd.exe powercfg -requests different when run within application: I am working on creating an application that monitors and controls sleep settings. I noticed that my application prevents the computer from sleeping because it uses an audio stream. I attempted to create an algorithm that would find all the drivers preventing sleep using...
  9. How to 'Run as different user' in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to 'Run as different user' in Windows 10: Win version #1909 build 18363.720) I have reviewed the thread from 2016 found at Run as different user in Windows 10 and have followed the instructions to the letter. It is not working and, as of right now, when I go to click the "RUNAS" shortcut nothing happens. I provide...
  10. Windows 10: How to access a file share as a different user than the local user?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: How to access a file share as a different user than the local user?: I have a Windows 7 PC. Let's name it server. A share on server can be accessed as user A. I also have a Windows 10 PC, named client. I am logged on to clientas user B and want to access user A's share on server. On Windows 7 and earlier clients, I can provide user A's...