Windows 10: How to run DISM in Windows PE?

Discus and support How to run DISM in Windows PE? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last Thursday Windows 10 downloaded an update, after the update it closed down to restart. It failed to restart and will not boot up. Going online I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Medway508, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Medway508 Win User

How to run DISM in Windows PE?

Last Thursday Windows 10 downloaded an update, after the update it closed down to restart. It failed to restart and will not boot up. Going online I managed to get to the recovery screen which had several options including system restore. System Restore does nothing but tell you to boot up the computer and use system restore. Why, God knows as anyone would who could boot up would do so and restore the system. I could get into command prompt. One thing the Windows 10 forum had was to run scannow and chkdsk. Both came back with no errors.

There was also a DISM etc online Restore Health. Command Prompt said no go, in Windows PE online is not possible. The forums came up with various way to run DISM in Windows PE. They all resulted in the same error message of unable to reach the image. The image is the ISO downloaded from Microsoft and burned onto a dvd. Using notepad, I know the dvd’s disk number and can see the iso there.

Does anyone know the actual wording to run DISM using this ISO?

Examples of the various online suggestions which have failed are:

Dism / image:H:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:H:\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess

dism.exe /image:H:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

dism / image:H:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:H:\

dism / image:H:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:H:

:)

Medway508, Sep 17, 2018

2. Install Driver on Windows PE Environment

Hi,

We are trying to install kernel-mode driver to Windows PE, but not able to do so.

We checked using DevManView tool to check driver in windows PE. But we didn't see the Device object created.

We suspect that the Driver Service didn't start.

Given below are the details of the issue:

Driver Details: SCSIAdapter class filter driver. (SdFilter)

Steps followed:

• Used DISM to edit the Windows PE image offline. (Inset image below)

How to run DISM in Windows PE? 9b0b98a6-84db-4a3f-be54-b5725e2fb121.png

• Manually added the Driver details to the registry. The registry change is visible after reboot
      (inset image below)

How to run DISM in Windows PE? 2c3da2e1-8ef6-4e68-9ba2-c69d1a6add0d.png

• Manually added Service (ServicesActive database) to offline image. The registry change is visible after reboot (inset image below)

How to run DISM in Windows PE? 8130ca1d-e8b0-40b3-8d39-1b5ba1099c6b.png

But we checked using DevManView tool to check driver in windows PE. But we didn't see the Device object created.

We suspect that the Driver Service didn't start.

Can someone please guide how can we add the driver to the Windows PE environment.

PS: The given filter driver is test signed. So, we suspect that later we will face test signed issue but that will be our second step to debug. Right now, not able to get through the first step.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakendra

rakendrathapa, Sep 17, 2018
  3. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 17, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. How to run DISM in Windows PE? - Similar Threads - run DISM

2. I cannot run any of the dism commands. System just randomly shuts down Event Log is full of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot run any of the dism commands. System just randomly shuts down Event Log is full of...: As i said in title none of the "DISM" commands wont work neither in power shell or cmd with administrator access. I can send you my cbs.log if that's what's needed to resolve the issue. Event ID some of the errors: 10016; 23; 7; 1030; 123; 131; 200; 201; 202... and so...
  3. I cannot run any of the dism commands. System just randomly shuts down Event Log is full of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot run any of the dism commands. System just randomly shuts down Event Log is full of...: As i said in title none of the "DISM" commands wont work neither in power shell or cmd with administrator access. I can send you my cbs.log if that's what's needed to resolve the issue. Event ID some of the errors: 10016; 23; 7; 1030; 123; 131; 200; 201; 202... and so...
  4. I need halp i cannot run anny of the dism commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need halp i cannot run anny of the dism commands: As i said in title none of the "DISM" commands wont work neither in power shell or cmd with administrator acces. I can send you my cbs.log if thats whats needed to resolve the issue. Please HELP ME i have a lot stuff on my pc that i cannot lose....
  5. I need halp i cannot run anny of the dism commands

I need halp i cannot run anny of the dism commands: As i said in title none of the "DISM" commands wont work neither in power shell or cmd with administrator acces. I can send you my cbs.log if thats whats needed to resolve the issue. Please HELP ME i have a lot stuff on my pc that i cannot lose....
  6. I try to run DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth but it gives an error in command...

I try to run DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth but it gives an error in command...: 2024-02-16 10:17:57, Info DISM PID=14328 TID=3448 Scratch directory set to 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\'. - CDISMManager::put_ScratchDir 2024-02-16 10:17:57, Info DISM PID=14328 TID=3448 DismCore.dll version: 10.0.19041.3636 - CDISMManager::FinalConstruct 2024-02-16 10:17:57, Info DISM...
  7. I try to run DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth but it gives an error in command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I try to run DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth but it gives an error in command...: 2024-02-16 10:17:57, Info DISM PID=14328 TID=3448 Scratch directory set to 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\'. - CDISMManager::put_ScratchDir 2024-02-16 10:17:57, Info DISM PID=14328 TID=3448 DismCore.dll version: 10.0.19041.3636 - CDISMManager::FinalConstruct 2024-02-16 10:17:57, Info DISM...
  8. I try to run DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth but it gives an error in command...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth this command run on cmd an reboot the pc after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth this command run on cmd an reboot the pc after...: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth this command run on cmd an reboot the pc after rebooting format the pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth-this/2a38685a-de27-43f6-9c00-dae7eda88960
  10. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth this command run on cmd an reboot the pc after...

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth this command run on cmd an reboot the pc after...: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth this command run on cmd an reboot the pc after rebooting format the pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth-this/2a38685a-de27-43f6-9c00-dae7eda88960

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Run DISM from PE

2. dism from windows pe

3. run dism from windows pe

4. winpe auto run dism,
  5. run dism in windows pe,
  6. dism offline windows pe,
  7. dism offline repair windows pe,
  8. how to run dism from windows pe,
  9. run dism in windowspe,
  10. running dism on windows pe,
  11. winpe dism,