Windows 10: How to run .exe file in newly installed win 10 system

Discus and support How to run .exe file in newly installed win 10 system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i just installed the win 10 version 1909 on my new PC. At first it could not be connected to internet, so I downloaded the network driver my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by devilwing0723, Feb 8, 2020.

1. How to run .exe file in newly installed win 10 system

Hi,

i just installed the win 10 version 1909 on my new PC. At first it could not be connected to internet, so I downloaded the network driver my motherboard is gigabyte b365 ds3h in the laptop, and then copied it to my new PC. However, the .exe file became .exe* with an asterisk in the new PC, and I could not run it. I tried to remove the asterisk from the extension, and double click did not work with message this APP can not be run in this PC. I also tried to run it as administrator, and it showed that the file with the name can not ne found.

Can someone give me some tips on what this issue is, and how can I solve it?

:)

devilwing0723, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 8, 2020
  4. How to run .exe file in newly installed win 10 system

Please help Used an old fix for a win 7 issue on win 10

Hello,

Please provide us more information to help you better:

• Which application exe you are trying to install?

• From where (source) you have downloaded the exe file?

• Did you check in the task manager if it is running in the background?

• What was the issue that you are facing before which you made you to run the troubleshooting steps?

I suggest you to check that your PC meets the system requirements for the exe file to run.

Reply with the necessary information to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

How to run .exe file in newly installed win 10 system

1. How to run .exe file in newly installed win 10 system - Similar Threads - run exe file

2. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  3. how to run or convert apk files to exe or run them on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to run or convert apk files to exe or run them on windows 10: hello before you say get an android emluator please dont i want the file on windows 10 itself and no there is not a exe file of the program im trying to run and yes ive tryed on my android phone but it needs a keyboard and my bluetooth one wont connect for some reson so my...
  4. unable to run *.exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to run *.exe files: unable to run *.exe files from different sources. Win 10 MS Surface pro 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-exe-files/c2331948-49a4-4c91-9b2d-a0523028ec41
  5. No exe files will run!

No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. installing win 10 on a newly built pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing win 10 on a newly built pc: yo okay so i recently built my first ever pc so if you start talking all technical and **** i wont understand anything you say but the problem is that when i try to install win 10 using a usb flash drive i get the error that no drives are detected, and i do not mean my usb is...
  7. File System Error Code -1073741819 .exe files will not run (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File System Error Code -1073741819 .exe files will not run (Windows 10): Application files .exe are blocked from starting on my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop. File System Error Code -1073741819. I can't find reference to this particular error code anywhere on the internet or Microsoft. I want to re-install Windows 10, but since .exe files will not...
  8. Windows 10 not running .exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not running .exe file: Hello, I am trying to open a specific .exe file for a program I'm trying to install. I get to Windows asking to allow for the program to make changes but after I select yes, nothing happens. I have tried things like turning off all firewalls/anti virus software, restarting...
  9. EXE files will not run in Windows 10

EXE files will not run in Windows 10: Whenever I try to run "some" .exe files in Windows 10 I get the following error: ShellExecuteEx failed: code 1155. No application is associated with the specified file for this operation. How do I correct this?...
  10. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...