Windows 10: How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing)

Discus and support How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing) in Cortana to solve the problem; Bing was automatically loading at start up in Microsoft 10. I prefer to use Google am trying to figure out how to replace Bing with Google at startup.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BD501, Jan 20, 2019.

1. BD501 Win User

How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing)

Bing was automatically loading at start up in Microsoft 10. I prefer to use Google am trying to figure out how to replace Bing with Google at startup.

I was able to 'turn off' Bing (that's a whole other story.....had to go through the RegEdit process since turning off Bing wasn't an option using Cortana). So now I'm trying to figure out how to add Google to the list of startup programs in Task Manager. Microsoft help says select 'Start', then right click the program you want to add to Startup, click 'More' then click 'Open File Location". Microsoft help then says if 'Open File Location' isn't displayed, the program can't run at start up. So I'm stuck. Anyone know how to have Google dispaly at startup? Thank you....BD in Little Rock

:)

BD501, Jan 20, 2019

2. Google vs. Bing

I typed "convert 30mm to inches" into Google - it gave me the answer. Doing the same with Bing - it did not, just listed conversion links and a bit of a jumble.

I reckon the comments I am getting, is a positive YES for Google.

Bald Eagle, Jan 20, 2019
  3. make cortana use google search instead of bing

Is there a way to make Cortana use google search instead of Bing, Internet explorer 11, windows 10?

W.M.Coffey, Jan 20, 2019
  4. How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing)

Use Google instead of Bing with Windows 10 search

I want to use Google Chrome and Google search instead of Bing when I search in Windows 10.

Google Chrome is launched when I click on web, but it's Bing search. (My default search engine on Google and Edge is http://www.google.com)

How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing) QwF2f.png

I haven't found how to configure that.

Someone can help me ?

Mathieu Lescaudron, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing)

1. How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing) - Similar Threads - run Google startup

2. Redirect Windows 11 start menu search in Edge to Google instead of Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Redirect Windows 11 start menu search in Edge to Google instead of Bing: Hello, Community. Google is my default search engine in Edge. When I do a web search from the Start Menu, however, it opens Bing in Edge. Is there a way to make it open Google in Edge? The only workarounds I have found so far require using a different browser than Edge. Edge...
  3. Stopping Bing on startup

in Cortana
    Stopping Bing on startup: Running Windows 10 Home v 1909. Have looked online how to stop Bing from appearing on startup. Everything including what's in the Community Forum would appear to apply to earlier versions of W10. I follow the steps and nothing I see corresponds to the instructions I'm...
  4. Stoppint Bing on startup

in Cortana
    Stoppint Bing on startup: Running Windows 10 Home v 1909. Have looked online how to stop Bing from appearing on startup. Everything including what's in the Community Forum would appear to apply to earlier versions of W10. I follow the steps and nothing I see corresponds to the instructions I'm...
  5. I want to change Cortono search request to google Instead of Bing

in Cortana
    I want to change Cortono search request to google Instead of Bing: I want to change cortono search request to google instead of Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-cortono-search-request-to-google/0acd421f-d08c-418d-9a85-f87189dc3ad8"
  6. bing and google

in Cortana
    bing and google: when i search something up on google chrome it automatically searches it up with bing instead fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-and-google/22ad10f0-5eaa-484f-9bf0-86d85f5d801c"
  7. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing: Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge. Added Google to Bing Firefox addon. If I make a search via Cortana and I...
  8. Bing to google for firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Bing to google for firefox: don't know if it has been posted yet but Install this script and no more bing with cortana *Party Bing to Google 13043
  9. Running Startup Repair runs Windows Defender Offline Instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Startup Repair runs Windows Defender Offline Instead: And now here's another screw-up. I'm in here trying to fix Windows Defender and I tell it to run offline. Restart the computer and let it run. Only problem is, how do you get it to stop running? Every other time Windows is forced into a situation where Startup Repair is...
  10. Help forcing windows desktop search to use google instead of bing

in Windows 10 Support
    Help forcing windows desktop search to use google instead of bing: i am setting up a laptop for my son and want it when i do a search to use google instead of bing the laptop is running win 10 home 72263

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How can I force Cortana to use Firefox

2. how to stop bing at startup and get google to run