Windows 10: How to run Laptop with the lid closed in Windows 10

Discus and support How to run Laptop with the lid closed in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When we are away from our desk, we usually close the lid of our laptop first and then leave. It’s primarily to keep the prying eyes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 27, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to run Laptop with the lid closed in Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Aug 27, 2019
  3. rmoreau Win User
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Waking and Powering on laptop with lid close

Hi,

Closing the lid can result in your Windows shutting down, sleeping or hibernating. You can control the behavior and decide what you want to do, once you close the lid. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps on how
    to configure the power option of your device if you want to keep your laptop running even with the lid closed:

• In the Search box, type powercfg.cpl and press
      Enter. This will open the Power Options applet of the Control Panel.
    • Now, in the Power Options window, click Choose what closing the lid
      does link from the left pane.

How to run Laptop with the lid closed in Windows 10 23d6d67b-a3ef-4444-a076-00bf166b3471?upload=true.png

• Choose what you want your laptop to do, when it’s running on battery and when it’s plugged in. For instance, under Power button and lid settings section you can find ‘When I Close the Lid’ option. Adjacent to it you can find options to help you define
      power button or lid settings. Once you've selected your options, click Save
      changes button.

How to run Laptop with the lid closed in Windows 10 3307afeb-cf65-4fdb-ab36-80e0cc60478e?upload=true.png

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Sher Amo, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to run Laptop with the lid closed in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - run Laptop lid

2. Closed laptop lid whilst apps continue to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closed laptop lid whilst apps continue to run: I need to record 10min with eye tracker that needs to be connected via USB to laptop whilst walking and recording. The lid needs to be closed and laptop placed in backpack during walking. The eye tracker supplier suggested there is a windows setting that can allow this - is...
  3. Closed laptop lid whilst apps continue to run

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Closed laptop lid whilst apps continue to run: I need to record 10min with eye tracker that needs to be connected via USB to laptop whilst walking and recording. The lid needs to be closed and laptop placed in backpack during walking. The eye tracker supplier suggested there is a windows setting that can allow this - is...
  4. Closed laptop lid whilst apps continue to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to keep a game running when the lid is closed?

How to keep a game running when the lid is closed?: I have seen another thread that tells me to go to the power options and select 'Do Nothing'. It works, but it pauses the game which was running. Is there any way to keep the game running?...
  6. How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?: I have an external monitor setup with my win10 laptop and everything works fine and I want to press the laptop power button to power up and start windows with the laptop lid always closed. How do I do this? submitted by /u/cryptotentnew [link] [comments]...
  7. Close Lid Laptop Hibernates

Close Lid Laptop Hibernates: Hi! I have followed the Advanced Power Settings threads and chose "Do Nothing" when I close the lid. That's not working! When I close the lid, the laptop hibernates and all the monitors go to sleep - it says no power connection! Please help!...
  8. VNC with laptop lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    VNC with laptop lid closed: I use a VNC service to remotely manage hundreds laptops that are stored in a HP laptop cart so they will charge and be connected to ethernet. They are used in a classroom environment and perform required support functions between classes and at night. We recently upgraded...
  9. How to update Windows 10 when the laptop lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to update Windows 10 when the laptop lid is closed?: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 (plugged into house current), and would like Windows updates to be installed while I close the lid overnight. What would be proper power settings to accomplish this? Thanks. 66158
  10. How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?: Hi, I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved. Any suggestion ? Regards 67302

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Run laptop with lid closed without shutting down or hibernating windows ten