Windows 10: How to run Messenger at startup?

Discus and support How to run Messenger at startup? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I run it as admin, the option to run it at startup is greyed out. I added it to the startup manually, but it still refuses to start. For the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TairikuOkami, May 4, 2021.

1. How to run Messenger at startup?

When I run it as admin, the option to run it at startup is greyed out. I added it to the startup manually, but it still refuses to start. For the record, I have background apps disabled. P.S. If you know any app that can be used for FB chat, please say so. Like Miranda IG.

:)

TairikuOkami, May 4, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 5, 2021
  3. TairikuOkami, May 5, 2021
  4. Silverel Win User

How to run Messenger at startup?

Getting rid of Windows Messenger? How?

It's a component service, not in add/remove programs.

To turn on the Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run option, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
    2. In Group Policy, expand Local Computer Policy, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then expand Windows Messenger.
    3. Double-click Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run, and then click Enabled.
    4. Click OK.

Silverel, May 5, 2021
Thema:

How to run Messenger at startup?

1. How to run Messenger at startup? - Similar Threads - run Messenger startup

2. messenger

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    messenger: I want to have the latest version of Messenger on my unit. How do I find which version I currently have ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger/69c30250-9673-4204-8e72-86f88702fa10
  3. Run a program at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run a program at startup: Greetings, I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I would like to have a command script (.cmd) run automatically, making sure: 1. The program doesn't start until the user logs in 2. The program doesn't start for other users I thought I could use this startup...
  4. How to run a program automatically in background at startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to run a program automatically in background at startup?: I want to run a software that I had installed for my headphone but I don't want to open it again and again whenever I open my computer. So please suggest me some ideas. Note:- I want to run the software in background...
  5. messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    messenger: messenger videos no longer play on windows10 pc using messenger AP (works if I access through Firefox) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger/7269a9b0-485c-403b-b75c-872a6fbd6590
  6. Startup Run DLL error on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup Run DLL error on startup: On startup, I get message "There was a problem starting C\:Users\rober\cnmss The module could not be found" I "x" out of it, and it doesn't seem to effect anything. Is there something I should be doing about this?...
  7. Messenger

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messenger: Where can I find the Messenger App to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger/ee29622c-0cef-426b-8121-a53aba283ac3"
  8. How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing)

in Cortana
    How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing): Bing was automatically loading at start up in Microsoft 10. I prefer to use Google am trying to figure out how to replace Bing with Google at startup. I was able to 'turn off' Bing (that's a whole other story.....had to go through the RegEdit process since turning off...
  9. Messenger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messenger: I am able to play Words with Friends on my Kindle but I am unable to access it on my pc. I get a message saying that I need to use the latest version of messenger. I have uninstalled and installed Messenger approximately 15 times now and I keep getting the same message....
  10. How to run a .bat file as administrator in startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run a .bat file as administrator in startup?: Hello. As BitDefender as an ongoing error, I want to run a small "bdfix.bat" at login time. But this .bat file MUST be run as an administrator to work. How do I do that? *Redface 120997