Windows 10: How to run Messenger at startup?

Discus and support How to run Messenger at startup? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I run it as admin, the option to run it at startup is greyed out. I added it to the startup manually, but it still refuses to start. For the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TairikuOkami, May 4, 2021.

1. How to run Messenger at startup?

When I run it as admin, the option to run it at startup is greyed out. I added it to the startup manually, but it still refuses to start. For the record, I have background apps disabled. P.S. If you know any app that can be used for FB chat, please say so. Like Miranda IG.

:)

TairikuOkami, May 4, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 5, 2021
  3. TairikuOkami, May 5, 2021
  4. Silverel Win User

How to run Messenger at startup?

Getting rid of Windows Messenger? How?

It's a component service, not in add/remove programs.

To turn on the Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run option, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
    2. In Group Policy, expand Local Computer Policy, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then expand Windows Messenger.
    3. Double-click Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run, and then click Enabled.
    4. Click OK.

Silverel, May 5, 2021
Thema:

How to run Messenger at startup?

1. How to run Messenger at startup? - Similar Threads - run Messenger startup

2. Messenger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messenger: I just received a new computer with Win 11. After setting it up I'm experiencing changes that I am not very fond of. Here's one.I have Facebook and Messenger for my wife and myself. Now, when someone uses Messenger to call my wife, I get an on-screen pop-up that someone is...
  3. Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.: I currently have Facebook Messenger uninstalled on my computer. However, it still runs on start up. It doesn't show up on installed apps and start up folder but still opens upon start up.Whenever it does, open, Tasks Manager sees it running and suddenly is on my computer....
  4. Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.: I currently have Facebook Messenger uninstalled on my computer. However, it still runs on start up. It doesn't show up on installed apps and start up folder but still opens upon start up.Whenever it does, open, Tasks Manager sees it running and suddenly is on my computer....
  5. Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Messenger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messenger: Can I run Messenger on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger/db665fbe-0a96-468b-9e6e-e663dac826f8
  7. Messenger

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messenger: Can I run Messenger on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger/db665fbe-0a96-468b-9e6e-e663dac826f8
  8. How to run a program on startup silently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run a program on startup silently?: I'm a Windows user and currently, I'm having a problem here. So I want to run some programs on startup so I can save a few clicks but I also want it to run in the background instead of running on screen so it won't disturb my work, can someone help me?I'm using Windows 8.1...
  9. How to run a program on startup silently?

How to run a program on startup silently?: I'm a Windows user and currently, I'm having a problem here. So I want to run some programs on startup so I can save a few clicks but I also want it to run in the background instead of running on screen so it won't disturb my work, can someone help me?I'm using Windows 8.1...
  10. messenger

messenger: messenger videos no longer play on windows10 pc using messenger AP (works if I access through Firefox) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger/7269a9b0-485c-403b-b75c-872a6fbd6590