Windows 10: How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep

Discus and support How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a desktop computer with Windows 10 at my workplace. I need to run tasks overnight. The processes slow down dramatically when I leave office,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohannessJ, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:52 PM.

1. How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep

I have a desktop computer with Windows 10 at my workplace. I need to run tasks overnight. The processes slow down dramatically when I leave office, after I lock the computer. I set the Power options settings for the desktop and CPU to 'Never' sleep. The processes only pick back up when I re-log in to the computer. How do I keep computer programs running at maximum performance when the computer is locked/asleep?

:)

2. SandyW360 Win User

Windows 10 Sleep/Lock Problem

This advice did not work for me.

Some one wrote this.... just upgraded to Windows 10 and my monitor will not come back from Sleep or Lock Mode without turning off the computer and rebooting.

I am and I am having the same problem with not coming back from sleep mode. If I press the on off button the monitor will come back on
    but everything is locked up and then I have to turn it off on the tower. And then turn it back on. What I have found to work is turning the power options to never turn off or sleep and then just turn off the
    monitor during the day and then just shut it off at night.

3. lock screen - sleep problems

Hi Kenny,

For us to isolate your concern with lock screen and sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

4. How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

Thema:

How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep

1. How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep - Similar Threads - run processes maximum

2. How many background running processes in wondows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How many background running processes in wondows10: I just want to know how many background running processes on task manager when tapping Processes in windows 10 just after boot up of a laptop. please bring me a screenshot and guide me how to block or utterly close them. Thank you....
  3. Computer idle to lock screen instead of sleep.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer idle to lock screen instead of sleep.: I have a strange question that I haven't seen asked yet. For aesthetic reasons, i would like my pc to cycle back to the lock screen when idle for 10 minutes. I have already extended the time which the lock screen will stay displayed to an hour, but i would like my pc to enter...
  4. How to Optimize computer performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Optimize computer performance: Happy New Year! I would like to optimize my computer performance running Windows 10. I have run defrag and it is set to check this every month. I also clean out browsing history in firefox and chrome, and regularly empty the recycle bin. I have looked at a couple of...
  5. WIN 10 Not locking when going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 Not locking when going to sleep: Specs: Win 10 Pro 64 bit desktop Version 1803 Build 17134.407 Installed 11/10/2018 Since the update to 1803 if the computer goes to sleep upon wake up it does not require pin/password to login to the last account that was active. There used to be a setting for...
  6. Computer not going to sleep or running slideshow.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not going to sleep or running slideshow.: Hi over the last few days my computer does not go to sleep or run the slideshow as it used to. I have tried all the usual things, updating drivers, adjusting the power settings etc etc, but nothing works. Tonight I ran powercfg -energy and the report showed 8 errors and 7...
  7. mouse locked to process

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse locked to process: the mouse gets locked to a process and can't interact with anything else, not even flash plugin in the browser once it's gets locked to the browser itself as the plugin is run as it's own process. temp fix is ctrl + alt +del and click in the background until you can select...
  8. Changing process priority or limiting maximum CPU

Changing process priority or limiting maximum CPU: Is there any way to change task priority in W10, as it was in previous versions (Task Manager|Set Priority)? Dropbox likes to spend the first 10 minutes after waking up my computer taking 60-90% of processor cycles, and I've also noticed other processes which seem to pop...
  9. Win10 running "out of memory" when the computer sleeps.

Win10 running "out of memory" when the computer sleeps.: Hello After installing Windows 10 a while back I began seeing a "Your computer is low on memory" error... this error only appears after the computer goes to sleep and is woken up, and never happened on Windows 7 or 8.1. Nothing has changed except for the os The os is on...
  10. Sleeping monitor keeps being disturbed when computer is locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleeping monitor keeps being disturbed when computer is locked: Hello, There's an annoying issue with my Windows 10 Home x64 installation. Whenever I lock the computer (ÿ + L) the screen shuts off after about a minute or so, which is fine, but then randomly Windows will turn it back on, showing the lock screen again. After a little...