Windows 10: How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep

Discus and support How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a desktop computer with Windows 10 at my workplace. I need to run tasks overnight. The processes slow down dramatically when I leave office,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohannessJ, Mar 15, 2019.

1. How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep

I have a desktop computer with Windows 10 at my workplace. I need to run tasks overnight. The processes slow down dramatically when I leave office, after I lock the computer. I set the Power options settings for the desktop and CPU to 'Never' sleep. The processes only pick back up when I re-log in to the computer. How do I keep computer programs running at maximum performance when the computer is locked/asleep?

:)

JohannessJ, Mar 15, 2019
  2. SandyW360 Win User

Windows 10 Sleep/Lock Problem

This advice did not work for me.

Some one wrote this.... just upgraded to Windows 10 and my monitor will not come back from Sleep or Lock Mode without turning off the computer and rebooting.

I am and I am having the same problem with not coming back from sleep mode. If I press the on off button the monitor will come back on
    but everything is locked up and then I have to turn it off on the tower. And then turn it back on. What I have found to work is turning the power options to never turn off or sleep and then just turn off the
    monitor during the day and then just shut it off at night.

SandyW360, Mar 15, 2019
  3. lock screen - sleep problems

Hi Kenny,

For us to isolate your concern with lock screen and sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 15, 2019
  4. How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep

1. How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep - Similar Threads - run processes maximum

2. VmmemWSA process - How to stop it from running when no VM is running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VmmemWSA process - How to stop it from running when no VM is running: I recently have came across this process that is using about 340 MB of RAM. I read that turning off unmark/ uncheck hyper v would fix it but it does not. I have been searching for awhile now but I have not been able to find any way to fix this....
  3. VmmemWSA process - How to stop it from running when no VM is running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VmmemWSA process - How to stop it from running when no VM is running: I recently have came across this process that is using about 340 MB of RAM. I read that turning off unmark/ uncheck hyper v would fix it but it does not. I have been searching for awhile now but I have not been able to find any way to fix this....
  4. How long is the locking process?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long is the locking process?: I locked my stolen device and was told I’d receive an email when it’s complete. How long can this process take? It’s been an hour so far. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-is-the-locking-process/df6bdd13-8efe-48cb-92a9-59b977130c4c
  5. How long is the locking process?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How long is the locking process?: I locked my stolen device and was told I’d receive an email when it’s complete. How long can this process take? It’s been an hour so far. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-is-the-locking-process/df6bdd13-8efe-48cb-92a9-59b977130c4c
  6. How long is the locking process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Auto Lock Computer when put to sleep?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto Lock Computer when put to sleep?: I'm looking to have my computer automatically lock when it is put to sleep, for some reason I am not seeing this setting directly in sign-in options despite the assurance that it is there, and it is not in lock screen settings?...
  8. power always on maximum performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power always on maximum performance: after updating W10 2004 it is impossible to change the battery performance in my Samsung TabPro S. It is always set on maximum performance and the screen brightness is always on maximum. It is impossible to change it with normal action in Windows or Samsung features....
  9. Why is my computer running when it sleeps?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my computer running when it sleeps?: I've had an issue for the last two years and it's getting really frustrating. I wasn't able to pinpoint what exactly causes the error but I'm now seeing a symptom that seems regular enough. Basically, my laptop Dell XPS 15 9550 has sleep problems. At first, I'd notice that...
  10. Win10 running "out of memory" when the computer sleeps.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 running "out of memory" when the computer sleeps.: Hello After installing Windows 10 a while back I began seeing a "Your computer is low on memory" error... this error only appears after the computer goes to sleep and is woken up, and never happened on Windows 7 or 8.1. Nothing has changed except for the os The os is on...