Windows 10: How To Run SFC Scan On External HD

Discus and support How To Run SFC Scan On External HD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is sorta a two part question. I have an external drive that when I hook it up the Win 10 Action Center Pane tells me there may be errors and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CT71, May 20, 2018.

1. CT71 Win User

How To Run SFC Scan On External HD

This is sorta a two part question. I have an external drive that when I hook it up the Win 10 Action Center Pane tells me there may be errors and it needs a scan. My first question is, I coulda swore that I used to be able to click on the dialog in the action center and it used to open up whatever it needed to do right from there. Clicking on it does nothing now. Am I wrong that you could do that before?

Second, how do I run an SFC scan on an external? I've found a couple instructions that say you can do it through a command prompt but I wasn't able to follow the directions enough to be able to do it. I did scan the drive overnight using HD Tune and it came back clean, but I'd like to run an SFC scan so hopefully I don't get that message everytime.

Thanks.

:)

2. Intel HD Graphic Driver result sfc check fails

Hi Michael,

I will certainly help with the driver issue.

To assist you better please answer the following questions:

• Are you facing any issues with your computer?
    • What is the exact error message after the sfc scan is done?
    Kindly try installing the driver from Intel Website and check.

Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics P530

If SFC scan cannot fix the issue please run DISM

Kindly refer the below article for performing DISM:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank You

Jahnabi Das, May 20, 2018
  3. How do I scan external hard drive

Hello Kevin,

If you already have antivirus software installed, then scanning an external hard drive should be simple.

• Connect your external hard drive to your desktop, wait for your computer to recognize that your external hard drive has been connected.
    • Open My Pc on your desktop, and select the external hard drive and scan it.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, May 20, 2018
Thema:

How To Run SFC Scan On External HD

1. How To Run SFC Scan On External HD - Similar Threads - Run SFC Scan

2. I Can't run SFC scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't run SFC scan: Hi everyone,One of my update KB5023696 has failed many times. I have been working on this issue. I ran power shell admin and received this message sfc /scannow "There is a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart and run sfc again." I restarted it...
  3. I Can't run SFC scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't run SFC scan: Hi everyone,One of my update KB5023696 has failed many times. I have been working on this issue. I ran power shell admin and received this message sfc /scannow "There is a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart and run sfc again." I restarted it...
  4. I Can't run SFC scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to run SFC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to run SFC: I'm trying to do "SFC /SCANNOW", but I'm getting error messages. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Home. I've tried the command prompt and Windows Powershell via right-clicking Start -> Powershell, but with both I get this error:-----Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...
  6. How to run SFC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run SFC: I'm trying to do "SFC /SCANNOW", but I'm getting error messages. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Home. I've tried the command prompt and Windows Powershell via right-clicking Start -> Powershell, but with both I get this error:-----Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...
  7. How to run SFC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't run Sfc /scannow and Dism scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't run Sfc /scannow and Dism scan: When i run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth or DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth, i will get a error like Error: 483 The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error. The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log. i searched google for...
  9. SFC scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] *Moved from Virus and Malware forums*...
  10. how to run sfc

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to run sfc: How to run sfc? I open a cmd window but it tells me I need to be an administrator running a console session. I am an administrator on my system. How do I start a console session?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run sfc scan on secondary drive

2. sfc scan em outro hd

3. external drive sfc

4. sfc scan external drive,
  5. sfc scan on external drive,
  6. i dont know how to do an sfc scan,
  7. sfc scan on external,
  8. run sfc on external drive