Windows 10: how to run sfc with offlogfile flag

Discus and support how to run sfc with offlogfile flag in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ran SFC , Got the following. "C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Peter T, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Peter T Win User

how to run sfc with offlogfile flag

Ran SFC , Got the following.

"C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag."

Background is that the tablet's wifi and bluetooth aren't working, That means I can't run DISM or repair online.

I have an identical tablet with the same drivers. That is working no problem. I have also uninstalled the drivers and restarted to reinstall them. Also done a reinstall of 1809. sfc is still showing corrupt files. Problem came from failed 1903 update and rollback to 1809.

I am trying to see if the sfc logfile will help me repair.

I have already tried sfc /scannow /offlogfile=c;\scanlog.txt
    and sfc /offlogfile=c:\scanlog.txt

:)

Peter T, Aug 7, 2019
  2. roy111 Win User

Sfc /offlogfile

I dont think the /scannow flag is compatible with the /offlogfile one...

roy111, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Swifty Win User
    Sfc /offlogfile

If I execute the command: sfc
    ... then I get the help, including the parameter /OFFLOGFILE

If I execute the command: sfc /scannow /offlogfile=E:\temp\scannnow.txt
    ... then the help is displayed, but no error message. What's going on?

I'm trying to run sfc /verifyonly and to direct the output to a file.
    So I tried: sfc /verifyonly > E:\temp\verifyonly.txt
    ... and of course that worked.
    But the text in the file is curious. Every character is taking 2 bytes, the first being x'00'

It's simple enough to write a script to get around these minor issues; I'm just curious why I should have to!

Swifty, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Swifty Win User

Sfc /offlogfile

I got /OFFLOGFILE from running the command SFC on my Windows 10 PRO Version 1809 build 17763.55

how to run sfc with offlogfile flag [​IMG]

Swifty, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. how to run sfc with offlogfile flag - Similar Threads - run sfc offlogfile

2. /OFFLOGFILE flag.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    /OFFLOGFILE flag.: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them For online repairs , details are included in the CBS log file located at windir \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.log . For example C : \ Windows \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.log . For offline repairs , details are...
  3. /OFFLOGFILE flag.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    /OFFLOGFILE flag.: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them For online repairs , details are included in the CBS log file located at windir \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.log . For example C : \ Windows \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.log . For offline repairs , details are...
  4. the / OFFLOGFILE flag ."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the / OFFLOGFILE flag .": "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them For online repairs , details are included in the CBS log file located at windir \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.1og . For example C : \ Windows \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.log . For offline repairs , details are...
  5. the / OFFLOGFILE flag ."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the / OFFLOGFILE flag .": "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them For online repairs , details are included in the CBS log file located at windir \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.1og . For example C : \ Windows \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.log . For offline repairs , details are...
  6. the / OFFLOGFILE flag ."

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. how do i find offlogfile flag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i find offlogfile flag: how do i find[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-offlogfile-flag/e22508ac-521e-43f4-a024-9a7483171350
  8. how to run sfc with offlogfile flag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to run sfc with offlogfile flag: Ran SFC , Got the following. "C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of...
  9. Sfc /offlogfile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /offlogfile: If I execute the command: sfc ... then I get the help, including the parameter /OFFLOGFILE If I execute the command: sfc /scannow /offlogfile=E:\temp\scannnow.txt ... then the help is displayed, but no error message. What's going on? I'm trying to run sfc /verifyonly and to...
  10. Sfc /offlogfile

in Windows 10 Support
    Sfc /offlogfile: If I execute the command: sfc ... then I get the help, including the parameter /OFFLOGFILE If I execute the command: sfc /scannow /offlogfile=E:\temp\scannnow.txt ... then the help is displayed, but no error message. What's going on? I'm trying to run sfc /verifyonly and to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. offlogfile flag

2. /offlogfile flag windows 10

3. offlogfile flag windows 10

4. OFFLOGFILE,
  5. open /offlogfile flag,
  6. /OFFLOGFILE flag,
  7. offlog flag,
  8. offlog,
  9. http://offlogfile flag/,
  10. /OFFLOGFILE flag.,
  11. offlogfile flag command,