Windows 10: how to run sfc with offlogfile flag

Discus and support how to run sfc with offlogfile flag in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ran SFC , Got the following. "C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Peter T, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Peter T Win User

how to run sfc with offlogfile flag

Ran SFC , Got the following.

"C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag."

Background is that the tablet's wifi and bluetooth aren't working, That means I can't run DISM or repair online.

I have an identical tablet with the same drivers. That is working no problem. I have also uninstalled the drivers and restarted to reinstall them. Also done a reinstall of 1809. sfc is still showing corrupt files. Problem came from failed 1903 update and rollback to 1809.

I am trying to see if the sfc logfile will help me repair.

I have already tried sfc /scannow /offlogfile=c;\scanlog.txt
    and sfc /offlogfile=c:\scanlog.txt

:)

Peter T, Aug 7, 2019
  2. roy111 Win User

Sfc /offlogfile

I dont think the /scannow flag is compatible with the /offlogfile one...

roy111, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Swifty Win User
    Sfc /offlogfile

If I execute the command: sfc
    ... then I get the help, including the parameter /OFFLOGFILE

If I execute the command: sfc /scannow /offlogfile=E:\temp\scannnow.txt
    ... then the help is displayed, but no error message. What's going on?

I'm trying to run sfc /verifyonly and to direct the output to a file.
    So I tried: sfc /verifyonly > E:\temp\verifyonly.txt
    ... and of course that worked.
    But the text in the file is curious. Every character is taking 2 bytes, the first being x'00'

It's simple enough to write a script to get around these minor issues; I'm just curious why I should have to!

Swifty, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Swifty Win User

Sfc /offlogfile

I got /OFFLOGFILE from running the command SFC on my Windows 10 PRO Version 1809 build 17763.55

how to run sfc with offlogfile flag [​IMG]

Swifty, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. how to run sfc with offlogfile flag - Similar Threads - run sfc offlogfile

2. how to run sfc with offlogfile flag

in Windows 10 Support
    how to run sfc with offlogfile flag: Ran SFC , Got the following. "C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of...
  3. Flags

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Flags: Shame on you Microsoft! Your bias in rubbing our noses in LGBT is rude and insensitive. I treat everyone I meet based only on their behavior, not their belief system, but stop rubbing my nose in LGBT! I'm sick of it! Stay out of my parade. You cannot overcome your own...
  4. how to run sfc

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to run sfc: How to run sfc? I open a cmd window but it tells me I need to be an administrator running a console session. I am an administrator on my system. How do I start a console session?...
  5. Sfc /offlogfile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /offlogfile: If I execute the command: sfc ... then I get the help, including the parameter /OFFLOGFILE If I execute the command: sfc /scannow /offlogfile=E:\temp\scannnow.txt ... then the help is displayed, but no error message. What's going on? I'm trying to run sfc /verifyonly and to...
  6. Sfc /offlogfile

in Windows 10 Support
    Sfc /offlogfile: If I execute the command: sfc ... then I get the help, including the parameter /OFFLOGFILE If I execute the command: sfc /scannow /offlogfile=E:\temp\scannnow.txt ... then the help is displayed, but no error message. What's going on? I'm trying to run sfc /verifyonly and to...
  7. Running the SFC and DISM commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running the SFC and DISM commands: The picture below shows how I run the sfc & dism cmds --- sfc should be run before & after the dism cmd --- [IMG] It works for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/running-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/3d325608-c97d-401a-8cbf-9d0a7f499bcb
  8. How To Run SFC Scan On External HD

How To Run SFC Scan On External HD: This is sorta a two part question. I have an external drive that when I hook it up the Win 10 Action Center Pane tells me there may be errors and it needs a scan. My first question is, I coulda swore that I used to be able to click on the dialog in the action center and it...
  9. Can't run SFC

Can't run SFC: All my efforts to run SFC failed. All I get is the following message: "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." I run a search and the net and tried reactivating the “Windows Module Installer“ service. This didn't solve my problem. I ran the same...
  10. SFC and DISM will not run on build 14279

SFC and DISM will not run on build 14279: Just installed the Insider upgrade to 14279.rs1-release_160229-1700 today. Tried to run SFC/ scannow from CMD prompt (admin) and it won't run. Also tried to run DISM restore health and it would not run. Used CMD prompt (admin) and KYHI Image utilities both failed. maybe it's...