Windows 10: How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?

Discus and support How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm looking to run a task that only triggers if *not* connected to a specific network/connected to any network *other* than the one specified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crimsonnight, Jul 19, 2020.

1. How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?

Hi all,

I'm looking to run a task that only triggers if *not* connected to a specific network/connected to any network *other* than the one specified (wanted to phrase the question both ways so that it's more likely to help other people out searching for a solution to the same problem!).

To specify, I use a program that automatically maps all available network drives if connected to my home network ('Network Drive Control'), but I want to trigger a second program to map a single remote drive over the cloud ('Asustor EZ Connect') if connected to any other network.

How do I go about doing this?

:)

crimsonnight, Jul 19, 2020
  2. HoKe(2) Win User

Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

Hi,

I would like to schedule a task to run only if a specific network connection is active.

there are a lot of connections available in the list under the option Start only if the following network connection is available

where are all this connection names stored? I haven't found it in register

is it possible to list these in cmd or powershell?

how to maintain this list? remove old entries.

how to check the currently available network connections from this list?

thx in advance for any help

HoKe(2), Jul 19, 2020
  3. HoKe(2) Win User
    Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

this is not really about powershell.

it is about the list in the screenshot.

there are several tens of network connection names.

where are they stored? how can they be listed? how to maintain the list (delete some old once)

I can start a task only if I choose "Any connection".

when I choose any other connection I get error 'Task scheduler service is not available task scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it'

this looks to be an issue of MS

Task Scheduler Service Is Not Available

HoKe(2), Jul 19, 2020
  4. How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?

1. How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network? - Similar Threads - Run Task *Not*

2. How to solve the connecting issue of a specific wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve the connecting issue of a specific wifi network: I have Asus notebook as my laptop and the wifi driver is IntelR AC 9641. My problem is my wifi is connecting with my wifi network Directly if it connected it showing no internet and secured and if I connect the same wifi network throughout my mobile hotspot it is connecting...
  3. Internet not connecting to specific network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not connecting to specific network: I have a laptop and a mobile phone. When I turn on the mobile hotspot, my laptop would connect to it but shows "no internet, secured". If I connect the mobile hotspot to some other laptop, it would connect to it and work fine, similarly, If I connect another mobile's hotspot...
  4. Internet not connecting to specific network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not connecting to specific network: I have a laptop and a mobile phone. When I turn on the mobile hotspot, my laptop would connect to it but shows "no internet, secured". If I connect the mobile hotspot to some other laptop, it would connect to it and work fine, similarly, If I connect another mobile's hotspot...
  5. Internet not connecting to specific network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Running Program in Windows When Not Connected to Specific Network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Running Program in Windows When Not Connected to Specific Network: I have a Windows 10 PC and a VPN client which does not have a trusted networks feature. I would like to automatically run the client when not connected to my office corporate network or guest WiFi network, and stop the client whenI have read that you can trigger programs in...
  7. Can't connect to a specific network

Can't connect to a specific network: Hello, So I tried all the ways to connect to my home network using my laptop but all ended with failures, I could connect to other wifis though, I could connect to my home network from the laptop by using wifi bridge from my cellphone. So it doesn't appeal to me that it's a...
  8. How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?

How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?: Hi all, I'm looking to run a task that only triggers if *not* connected to a specific network/connected to any network *other* than the one specified (wanted to phrase the question both ways so that it's more likely to help other people out searching for a solution to the...
  9. How to stop connecting to a specific Wifi network

How to stop connecting to a specific Wifi network: If I have connected to a specific Wifi network - I have previously saved the password and ticked always login. How do I remove this network COMPLETELY? I have tried ticking forget network. This doesn't seem to work. Is there a command that can issue on DOS prompt that...
  10. Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol: Hi, I would like to schedule a task to run only if a specific network connection is active. there are a lot of connections available in the list under the option Start only if the following network connection is available where are all this connection names stored? I...