Windows 10: How to run W10 ISO with built in activation key

Discus and support How to run W10 ISO with built in activation key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I received a Windows 10 ISO file from our IT Dept at my work and was told that it has a built in key (volume licensing version). His exact words... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pedro147, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Pedro147 Win User

How to run W10 ISO with built in activation key

Hi I received a Windows 10 ISO file from our IT Dept at my work and was told that it has a built in key (volume licensing version). His exact words were "you can put this on a USB stick and use this to install (the key is built in)"

So I made a bootable W10 USB installer on a Mac using Boot Camp Assistant, set the USB as first boot device with no other drives connected and started the PC. It straight away did an install successfully but when I checked after it was finished it had not been activated which did not really surprise me I must admit. There was no mention of volume licensing but I noticed on one link in researching all this, that you could do a clean install from within Windows by running the install.exe that is contained in the folder structure on the USB stick. and that right at the start of this it mentions volume licensing so I thought that I was possibly on the right track. Sorry if my explanation of all this is rather amateurish but hey I have a limited skill set with all this How to run W10 ISO with built in activation key :)

Went through the install but after it was done, same thing it was not activated. I realise that I can contact our IT dept after I get back to work from holidays but I would really like to try and sort this out myself with some help here if I can. Any ideas please and thanks in advance for any suggestions other than "talk to your IT Dept" How to run W10 ISO with built in activation key :)

:)

Pedro147, Nov 25, 2018
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

I have the same question, due to the problem I had yesterday @

Windows 10 upgrade issues on W8.1

My W8 license/ISO I re downloaded and burned to DVD disk, I tried to download the free upgraded W8.1 ISO using that license Key but it did not work. It was a different Key from the W8 Key. I have both Keys. It seems that I should have been able to directly download the W8.1 ISO.

So if you have to do a reinstall of W10 what Key do you insert after you have done a full wipe?

jsfitz54, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

My install went fine and is running okay but what happens if the rig refuses to boot and I want to use the factory restore to set the machine back to the way it came new? Am I screwed if I leave win 10 on here?

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Nov 25, 2018
  4. cadaveca Win User

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. How to run W10 ISO with built in activation key - Similar Threads - run W10 ISO

2. How can I get an ISO of W10 or upgrade the activation key for W11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get an ISO of W10 or upgrade the activation key for W11?: Howdy Folks,So, I purchased a retail version of Windows 10 and trying to install it through Parallels on a Mac Mini. I need an ISO. On the other hand, Parallels downloaded W11, however I can't use the W10 activation key. Can I "upgrade" the W10 activation key for W11?Thanks-m...
  3. How can I get an ISO of W10 or upgrade the activation key for W11?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I get an ISO of W10 or upgrade the activation key for W11?: Howdy Folks,So, I purchased a retail version of Windows 10 and trying to install it through Parallels on a Mac Mini. I need an ISO. On the other hand, Parallels downloaded W11, however I can't use the W10 activation key. Can I "upgrade" the W10 activation key for W11?Thanks-m...
  4. How can I get an ISO of W10 or upgrade the activation key for W11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to install Windows 10 ISO to hand built

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install Windows 10 ISO to hand built: Hello, I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO tool from my microsoft acct. I want to add to my add W/10 to my new build comp. But the tool file size is only 19 kb. I cannot understand why it is so small or how to execute the file? Do I have the right file to execute the W/10...
  6. w10 activation key needed

w10 activation key needed: I bought w10 pack and installed ok. system failed at some point . went to local pc shop / Iteck - Lampeter. system reloaded with their version of w10. system now asking for activation key, which I don't have ( digital version used) company now packed up and not available...
  7. Installed W10's activation key?

Installed W10's activation key?: Hello. Is W10 Home Ed's control panel -> system and security -> system -> Windows activation's Product ID the key (its last three letters says OEM) used to install & activate? If not, then where I can get its activation key to install W10 cleanly from scratch? Thank you for...
  8. How often are W10 ISO's updated?

How often are W10 ISO's updated?: One of my pc's has turned it's toes up with the latest update. This also happened at the beginning of October and I downloaded an ISO from Microsoft on the third of the month and performed an install from within Windows keeping files, etc. Today, I downloaded another ISO...
  9. create iso for w10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    create iso for w10: Hi, upgraded W7 (clean install) to W10. on root C: have a folder C:\ESD\Windows that contains files and folders of DVD content (probably iso content, created during a setup) and related to reset if needed. See pic... The question: I want to create the iso containing...
  10. How to re-install W10 without losing activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to re-install W10 without losing activation key: After a spectacular crash on my Acer Aspire laptop, I spent several hours on MS Chat who were as helpful as possible. However, the conclusion was that a re-installation was necessary. I downloaded the .iso advised by MS and formatted a USB device ready to boot. However, I...