Windows 10: how to run win 10 image backup?

Discus and support how to run win 10 image backup? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so here is the situation I did install windows 10 and created a image backup into a secondary SSD then I went back to windows 7 with a previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Black_Coffee_no_sugar, Feb 20, 2019.

1. how to run win 10 image backup?

so here is the situation

I did install windows 10

and created a image backup into a secondary SSD

then I went back to windows 7 with a previous image backup from my secondary SSD

now I'm trying to run back to windows 10 by using the image backup from my secondary SSD

but I can't see my windows 10 image backup and even I know is there

any advice to solve this issue are more than welcome

because frankly I don't want do a fresh installation of windows 10

:)

Black_Coffee_no_sugar, Feb 20, 2019

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Feb 20, 2019
  3. rcgldr Win User
    Win 7 image restore breaks ability to see Win 10 image backups

I have a multi-boot system, XP Pro (32 bit), XP Pro X64 (64 bit), Win 7 Pro (64 bit), Win 10 Pro (64 bit). Each OS is on a separate hard drive and partition. The C: partition is boot only (no operating system on it).

I did a system image backup from Win 10 and also from Win 7. Once I do a Win 7 image restore using Win 7 repair (dvd), the Win 10 images backups no longer appear in the list of backups if I later run Win 10 repair or Win 7 repair.

The workaround for this bug is to do a system image backup from Win 7 and include the Win 10 partition in the Win 7 image backup (to Win 7, the Win 10 partition is a "data" partition). The the Win 7 repair will restore the Win 10 partition unless restore to "non-system" partitions is turned off. I confirmed this works by formatting both the Win 7 and Win 10 partitions before doing a repair / restore test.

What I don't understand is what the Win 7 restore changes to my system that prevents the Win 10 backup system images from appearing in the list of image backups. The Win 10 image folders are still present on my hard drive(s).

rcgldr, Feb 20, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

how to run win 10 image backup?

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

how to run win 10 image backup? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

how to run win 10 image backup?

1. how to run win 10 image backup? - Similar Threads - run image backup

2. Windows created backup Image - win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows created backup Image - win 10: Hi, I have in fact never used the windows image backup.I am wondering if the backup image that windows creates from "Back up or restore your files" in the control panel can be used to create a new hdd/ssd for the laptop in case it needs to be replaced,where the existing...
  3. Win 10 Image BackUp

Win 10 Image BackUp: Currently I'm running Win 10 on a portable HDD and would like to create an image of it but when I go to "Backup and Restore" window I get the following: This feature is not available in a portable workstation environment. 163658
  4. win 10 won't run backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 won't run backup: I am running win 10 on a surface pro 4 with the latest updates from MS. I have never used the backup option in Settings. Today I turned it on and selected only one folder, Documents, to backup. I selected my removable SD card as the backup drive. When I press the button...
  5. win 10 backup and creating sys image

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 backup and creating sys image: when i create sys image and or backup manually in box on top reads back and restore (windows 7) but i am using win 10 please explain also i have it set to back up daily in setting and it shows last back up was three months ago. any ideas?...
  6. Win 10 image backup hangs at 97%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 image backup hangs at 97%: I see this same issue being reports starting in 2016 with additional post in 2017, but I have not seen a resolution. Talking to the PC manufacture and Microsoft support resulted in no resolution. Yes, 3rd party software works, but I can't buy that for every system i sell....
  7. Image Backup - Win 10

Image Backup - Win 10: I may be the first one to do it, or maybe not. But just a reminder to everyone (who did hard installation on SSDs and HDDs). All of us here have just clean installed the Win 10 Tech Preview. If it's running okay now, before you go any further messing it up and before bugs...
  8. Win 7 image restore breaks ability to see Win 10 image backups

Win 7 image restore breaks ability to see Win 10 image backups: I have a multi-boot system, XP Pro (32 bit), XP Pro X64 (64 bit), Win 7 Pro (64 bit), Win 10 Pro (64 bit). Each OS is on a separate hard drive and partition. The C: partition is boot only (no operating system on it). I did a system image backup from Win 10 and also from...
  9. Can not Backup or system image, Win 10

Can not Backup or system image, Win 10: I have had win 10 on my laptop 5 months or so being upgraded from win 8, 8.1 etc. In this time I have not been able to backup to my (eSATA) external HD. I need to do some program work so I want to back up before going ahead. Before someone says use this or that backup program...
  10. Cannot Backup or system image, Win 10

Cannot Backup or system image, Win 10: I've recently upgraded 8.1 to 10. Things seemed somewhat okay but before I try to do anything with programs, etc., I want to back up and also make a system image to an external drive. This will not happen, I get error codes, 0x807800c5 and 0x80780081. I do not want to resort...