Windows 10: How to run Windows 7 integrated games on Windows 10

Discus and support How to run Windows 7 integrated games on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I thought someone will like my tutorial, pasted from my blog: 1. Download the and extract the following archive: https://db.tt/VlMF5pRk 2. Extract... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by csenger41, Feb 7, 2015.

1. csenger41 Win User

How to run Windows 7 integrated games on Windows 10

I thought someone will like my tutorial, pasted from my blog:

1. Download the and extract the following archive:
    https://db.tt/VlMF5pRk
    2. Extract it and copy the "Microsoft Games" folder to C:\Program Files\. For 64bit users, to C:\Program Files (x86)\
    3. Right click and choose "Run as administrator" on the Microsoft Games Patcher v1.2.exe file.
    NOTE: UAC and antivirus softwares might flag it as malware, but it is safe, tried myself. Also, it starts to play music, remember to turn off volume.
    4. Click the "Patch" button and close the program when it is all finished patching.
    5. Locate the Microsoft Games folder and create shortcuts wherever you want for easier access.
    NOTE: This pack I made only includes Chess Titans, FreeCell, Hearts, Mahjong, Minesweeper, Solitaire and Spider Solitaire. No multiplayer games or Purble Place included.

Also, this pack is tested and working on Hungarian (HU) and United States English (US) language systems, not sure about other English localizations, I would be glad to get feedback or other language packs from Windows 7 users.
    Thanks for the English language files for Tamás Nemes!

:)

csenger41, Feb 7, 2015
  2. pjhutch Win User

Steam Games not working on windows 10

I also had a similar problem when upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and some Steam games failed to run properly.

The solution is simple, you need to verify the game file contents in the steam client to fix any issues found since the upgrade. To do this:

1. Load Steam Client

2. Click on Library

3. Select a game

4. Right click the game, select Properties

5. Click on Local Files tab

6. Select 'Verify integrity of Game Cache'

7. Wait for that to finish

8. Repeat steps 3-7 for other games

9. Try running the game again.

pjhutch, Feb 7, 2015
  3. windows 7 games on windows 10

The latest update for Windows 10 stops my old windows 7 games from working. I have reinstalled the "Windows 7 Games for Windows 8 & 10 Multilanguage x 86 x64". I have been running my old Windows 7 games since I upgraded to windows 10 without a problem.
    They just don't work since the last update. Does anyone know how to get my games going again.

ChrisBlockley, Feb 7, 2015
  4. Winuser Win User

I tried it and your right about one thing. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes kicked in. How do you know for sure that it's safe to run the .exe file?

Winuser, Feb 8, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    It's probably safe to run, but it's a 'Patcher' so it's gonna get flagged immediately.
    It also, probably, shouldn't be discussed here. *Wink

Edwin, Feb 8, 2015
  6. csenger41 Win User
    I'm personally running what is uploaded. *Smile
    Look after the topic, what I'm saying is discussed on other forums, too. I have uploaded everything to my personal cloud. Isn't that enough?

csenger41, Feb 8, 2015
  7. dtmonday Win User
    This is weird! I did the extract and looked for the Patcher .exe file. I double-clicked on the "Windows 7 games with patcher" folder. It shows a "Microsoft Games" folder and the "Microsoft Games Patcher v1.2.exe" file, then the Microsoft Games Patcher v1.2.exe file immediately goes away. And then I can't find it.
    What am I doing wrong??

dtmonday, Aug 24, 2015
  8. csenger41 Win User

Maybe it is your antivirus program that deletes it. I just downloaded and tried the whole process on Windows 10 Pro build 10525 and works perfectly.

csenger41, Aug 25, 2015
  9. dtmonday Win User
    Disabling Norton Worked.
    All the games I wanted work now.
    Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks.

dtmonday, Aug 25, 2015
  10. songbird Win User
    Hi
    I miss Mahjong Titans so I tried to follow your instructions for getting Windows 7 games back. I downloaded your file BUT when I try to open it I just get an 'open store to find App to open this file' message. The list of possible Apps is long and confusing and I have no idea which if any are safe to download (or indeed whether they would be any use). Sorry, I don't know how to 'extract' a file and I don't know what 'patcher' means.
    Any pointers in the right direction gratefully received.

songbird, Aug 26, 2015
  11. csenger41 Win User
    You must use a file archiver program, I recommend 7ZIP. I you still have difficulties, feel free to hit me up on Skype: .

csenger41, Aug 26, 2015
  12. songbird Win User
    Thank you very much csenger41.. I'vew downloaded an app - couldn't find 7ZIP but got Winzip - and I think I'm nearly there. Thank you for your help!

songbird, Aug 28, 2015
  13. kaborka Win User

Does the patcher alter Win 10 system files? If so, won't they get overwritten?

kaborka, Aug 29, 2015
  14. Bazz Win User
  15. csenger41 Win User
    I've tried and it is working perfect with Windows 10.

csenger41, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

1. How to run Windows 7 integrated games on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - run integrated games

2. How to run Windows 7 on my Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to run Windows 7 on my Windows 10 computer: I have Windows 10 and want to install Windows 7 just to run one program. I am confused about options for creating a dual boot system. Many thanks for advice. Jack...
  3. How to run Windows 7 on my Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run Windows 7 on my Windows 10 computer: I have Windows 10 and want to install Windows 7 just to run one program. I am confused about options for creating a dual boot system. Many thanks for advice. Jack...
  4. How to run Windows 7 on my Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No integrated camera in Windows 7 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No integrated camera in Windows 7 computer: I have a Windows 7 computer that doesn't have an integrated camera. There's no camera under imaging devices. Can one be added, or do I have to get an external camera?...
  6. No integrated camera in Windows 7 computer

No integrated camera in Windows 7 computer: I have a Windows 7 computer that doesn't have an integrated camera. There's no camera under imaging devices. Can one be added, or do I have to get an external camera?...
  7. Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}

Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}: How can I install Windows 7 games to Window 10. I want the Spider Solitaire games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-7-games-on-windows-10-was-windows/5e28dbea-15b7-44eb-924a-dbe44448ea81
  8. Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}: How can I install Windows 7 games to Window 10. I want the Spider Solitaire games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-7-games-on-windows-10-was-windows/5e28dbea-15b7-44eb-924a-dbe44448ea81
  9. Windows 7 Games For Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Games For Windows 10: Hello So i want to download the W7 Games for W10 zip file from here Get Windows 7 games for Windows 10 But as far as i know that they only can be installed in C drive where i have the W10 installed. I don't know if they can be installed in any other drive but i don't think...
  10. How to install Windows 7 games on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Windows 7 games on Windows 10: There are a lot of valid reasons why someone would want to play Windows 7 games on Windows 10. In any case, installing Windows 7 games on Windows 10 is still possible and it’s a lot easier than it used to be, thanks to the work done by independent developers. For those...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hiow to extract and copy the Microsoft Games folder to C:\Program Files\

2. windows integrated games