Windows 10: How to run Windows XP Solitaire on Windows 10

Discus and support How to run Windows XP Solitaire on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If you want to run Windows XP version of Solitaire on your Windows 10 PC, here's how: If you're using or having an old PC running Windows XP: 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SuperMario231_2004, May 2, 2019.

1. How to run Windows XP Solitaire on Windows 10

If you want to run Windows XP version of Solitaire on your Windows 10 PC, here's how:

If you're using or having an old PC running Windows XP:

1. Insert USB stick or any removable device.

2. Open Windows Explorer.

3. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32

4. Click the Search button.

5. Click All Files and Folders option.

6. Type the ff. query: cards.dll, sol.exe then click Search

7. Copy them to USB stick.

The same goes when you have a VM running Windows XP. But you need to have a shared folders.

On Windows 10 PC:

1. Open Windows Explorer.

2. Create a new folder.

3. Open a folder that you've created.

4. Paste cards.dll and sol.exe to your folder from your USB or your VM shared folder.

:)

SuperMario231_2004, May 2, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 2, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, May 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How to run Windows XP Solitaire on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 2, 2019
Thema:

How to run Windows XP Solitaire on Windows 10

1. How to run Windows XP Solitaire on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - run Solitaire

2. I was running Microsoft Solitaire Collection via Start menu on Win 10, just updated to Win...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was running Microsoft Solitaire Collection via Start menu on Win 10, just updated to Win...: I was running Microsoft Solitaire Collection via Start menu on Win 10, just updated to Win 11 and seems the collection is "gone"...anyone help??...
  3. I was running Microsoft Solitaire Collection via Start menu on Win 10, just updated to Win...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was running Microsoft Solitaire Collection via Start menu on Win 10, just updated to Win...: I was running Microsoft Solitaire Collection via Start menu on Win 10, just updated to Win 11 and seems the collection is "gone"...anyone help??...
  4. Still cannot run the Microsoft Solitaire Collection, or Microsoft Store, or Xbox app, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still cannot run the Microsoft Solitaire Collection, or Microsoft Store, or Xbox app, or...: I thought I was updating a previous issue. Maybe I am...I still cannot run the Microsoft Solitaire Collection. Also the Microsoft store, Microsoft feedback hub, and the Xbox app will not run.I ran WSReset.exe as suggested online.I selected repair and reset on the store and...
  5. Still cannot run the Microsoft Solitaire Collection, or Microsoft Store, or Xbox app, or...

Still cannot run the Microsoft Solitaire Collection, or Microsoft Store, or Xbox app, or...: I thought I was updating a previous issue. Maybe I am...I still cannot run the Microsoft Solitaire Collection. Also the Microsoft store, Microsoft feedback hub, and the Xbox app will not run.I ran WSReset.exe as suggested online.I selected repair and reset on the store and...
  6. Microsoft Solitaire in the Event: Time keeps running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire in the Event: Time keeps running.: In Microsoft Solitaire in the Event, the time keeps on running after you have closed down the program. I have complained about this in the past and nothing has been done about it. Looking at other complaints, I see that I am not the only one. I stopped playing at 5 pm. I...
  7. Microsoft Solitaire in the Event: Time keeps running.

Microsoft Solitaire in the Event: Time keeps running.: In Microsoft Solitaire in the Event, the time keeps on running after you have closed down the program. I have complained about this in the past and nothing has been done about it. Looking at other complaints, I see that I am not the only one. I stopped playing at 5 pm. I...
  8. Solitaire Collection won't run

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Solitaire Collection won't run: Windows 10 1903 , all updates installed. No Viruses. No Spyware. Try and run solitaire, the splash screen comes up for a second, then disappears. Happens to all users on the PC. Have tried: Uninstall and reinsall Reset from control panel wsreset get-appx package removal...
  9. how do I turn off "you have run out of moves" on Spider Solitaire on Windows 10?

how do I turn off "you have run out of moves" on Spider Solitaire on Windows 10?: how do I turn off "you have run out of moves" on Spider Solitaire on Windows 10? It's very annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/how-do-i-turn-off-you-have-run-out-of-moves-on/fccde4e8-389c-4394-9c7c-4f487aa539b0
  10. Solitaire from Windows XP runs fine on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solitaire from Windows XP runs fine on Windows 10: There has been a lot of talk in the media about how Windows 10 "Solitaire Collection" is now adware with the option to pay an ongoing subscription fee to remove the ads. I only care about two versions of Solitaire; the original and Spider Solitaire, and I only like them from...