Windows 10: How to run Windows XP Solitaire on Windows 10

Discus and support How to run Windows XP Solitaire on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If you want to run Windows XP version of Solitaire on your Windows 10 PC, here's how: If you're using or having an old PC running Windows XP: 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SuperMario231_2004, May 2, 2019.

1. How to run Windows XP Solitaire on Windows 10

If you want to run Windows XP version of Solitaire on your Windows 10 PC, here's how:

If you're using or having an old PC running Windows XP:

1. Insert USB stick or any removable device.

2. Open Windows Explorer.

3. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32

4. Click the Search button.

5. Click All Files and Folders option.

6. Type the ff. query: cards.dll, sol.exe then click Search

7. Copy them to USB stick.

The same goes when you have a VM running Windows XP. But you need to have a shared folders.

On Windows 10 PC:

1. Open Windows Explorer.

2. Create a new folder.

3. Open a folder that you've created.

4. Paste cards.dll and sol.exe to your folder from your USB or your VM shared folder.

:)

SuperMario231_2004, May 2, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 2, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, May 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How to run Windows XP Solitaire on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 2, 2019
Thema:

How to run Windows XP Solitaire on Windows 10

1. How to run Windows XP Solitaire on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - run Solitaire

2. When using RDP can I tel if Remote is running as a VM

in Windows 10 Support
    When using RDP can I tel if Remote is running as a VM: Hi there -- especially Geeks !! Is there an easy way to check if I RDP to a remote computer whether it's running as a VM or a "Real" machine. Thanks Cheers jimbo 132862
  3. Icon image not displayed in taskbar for a program that is running.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon image not displayed in taskbar for a program that is running.: Hello all, Just recently I noticed that a few of my programs are not displaying the icon image in the taskbar when the program is running. All I see is a generic file image. If I pin the program to the taskbar the correct image is displayed. The desktop app is also...
  4. My disk has been running at 100% ever since a recent Windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My disk has been running at 100% ever since a recent Windows update.: HP Omen Desktop 870-224 7th Gen. Intel Core i5-7400 processor 8 GBB DDR4-2133 SDRAM mem. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Windows 10 I'm not much of a tech sav, however I had updated my computer a few days ago and didn't touch it until friday, I come back to it and it's all of a...
  5. PLEASE don't skip me!! how to reboot Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 10 8709 when monitor...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PLEASE don't skip me!! how to reboot Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 10 8709 when monitor...: I've been troubleshooting the freezing that has reappeared in recent weeks by using msconfig and changing enabled services and start menu items. Got down to three start menu enables and everything seemed fine....I could do anything, work for an hour or more....no freeze ups....
  6. Windows 10 not running games as it should be.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not running games as it should be.: I have a decent laptop pc which has amd a9 processor and a radeon 530 graphics card. In windows 10 all the games like GTA 5 are suffering from super frame drops. The framerate drops from 50 to 10 every 5-10 seconds. Before windows 10 while using windows 7 I never had that...
  7. how do I turn off "you have run out of moves" on Spider Solitaire on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I turn off "you have run out of moves" on Spider Solitaire on Windows 10?: how do I turn off "you have run out of moves" on Spider Solitaire on Windows 10? It's very annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/how-do-i-turn-off-you-have-run-out-of-moves-on/fccde4e8-389c-4394-9c7c-4f487aa539b0
  8. Running Windows 7 Spider Solitaire in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Windows 7 Spider Solitaire in Windows 10: Is it possible to copy the entire Windows 7 Spider Solitaire folder to Windows 10 and then run Spider Solitaire in Windows 10? Same for Windows 7 Chess Titans? 6871
  9. Solitaire Collection from MS Store Won't Run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solitaire Collection from MS Store Won't Run: Greetings, I'm running Win 10 Build 9860 and I find neither Microsoft Solitaire Collection nor Microsoft Sudoku installed from the Store (xBox versions, I think) will run. They look like they are starting, but then the dots in a circle freeze and the app minimizes. I've...
  10. Solitaire from Windows XP runs fine on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solitaire from Windows XP runs fine on Windows 10: There has been a lot of talk in the media about how Windows 10 "Solitaire Collection" is now adware with the option to pay an ongoing subscription fee to remove the ads. I only care about two versions of Solitaire; the original and Spider Solitaire, and I only like them from...