Windows 10: How to safely cleanup DriverStore folder in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to safely cleanup DriverStore folder in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]On a running Windows 11 or Windows 10 installation on a PC, by default, the DriverStore folder is the safe location of all the drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 17, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to safely cleanup DriverStore folder in Windows 11/10

How to safely cleanup DriverStore folder in Windows 11/10 DriverStore-folder-in-Windows.png
    On a running Windows 11 or Windows 10 installation on a PC, by default, the DriverStore folder is the safe location of all the drivers installed on your system. Usually, even with prolonged computer use, this folder doesn’t hog drive storage space. Nevertheless, some Windows PC users are reporting noticing the folder consuming a very […]

This article How to safely cleanup DriverStore folder in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 17, 2021
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I Suggest you to take ownership of the folder and attempt to delete the contents of the folder, I recommend you to try the below steps:

Step 1:

Follow the steps listed in
    Access Denied
    or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows.

Step 2:

Check for the article
    Disk cleanup
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking yes Or No.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2021
  4. How to safely cleanup DriverStore folder in Windows 11/10

SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    How to safely cleanup DriverStore folder in Windows 11/10 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    How to safely cleanup DriverStore folder in Windows 11/10 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

How to safely cleanup DriverStore folder in Windows 11/10

1. How to safely cleanup DriverStore folder in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - safely cleanup DriverStore

2. disk cleanup in safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk cleanup in safe mode: Is it safe to run disk cleanup in safe mode?I have read on this community about someone who deleted system files with disk cleanup in safe mode and who had problems with some devices in his laptop.I ask it because the cleanup of my temp files does not succeed nothing removed...
  3. disk cleanup in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk cleanup in safe mode: Is it safe to run disk cleanup in safe mode?I have read on this community about someone who deleted system files with disk cleanup in safe mode and who had problems with some devices in his laptop.I ask it because the cleanup of my temp files does not succeed nothing removed...
  4. disk cleanup in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Driverstore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driverstore: I saw driverstore is the second big files in system 32 in spacesniffer. This driverstore folder is 3.9gb. I want to find ways how to delete old files inside driverstore. I want to see the list using dism command for driverstore in command prompt but access denied. And i saw...
  6. Driverstore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driverstore: I saw driverstore is the second big files in system 32 in spacesniffer. This driverstore folder is 3.9gb. I want to find ways how to delete old files inside driverstore. I want to see the list using dism command for driverstore in command prompt but access denied. And i saw...
  7. Is a windows update cleanup safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is a windows update cleanup safe?: Would it delete versions of windows? submitted by /u/HorrificThanos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l31bp3/is_a_windows_update_cleanup_safe/
  8. DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted: I'm working on a machine, Dell Vostro 230 running V1803. All attempts to update to a more current version fail with error relating to bad path. I also noticed I cannot update any driver even if I download drivers direct from Dell. So I investigated and the DriverStore...
  9. WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WindowsApps Folder Cleanup: Hi, I've noticed, thanks to SpaceSniffer, that the Windowsapps folder is huge (2,4 Gb). That sounds strange since I don't have that lot of apps running. I've gained access to the WApps folder taking ownership and there are a lot of old/unused/unknown folders referring to...
  10. Can't Delete Windows.old because of leftover DriverStore folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Delete Windows.old because of leftover DriverStore folders: After waiting for some indication of what to do with my existing Windows 10.0.240 installation I decided to bite the bullet and just download the Media Creation Tool. I then allowed it to "upgrade" my existing Windows 10 install, a process that went smoothly until I tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows driverstore folder library safe delete