Windows 10: How to safely move space from one drive to the C drive?

Discus and support How to safely move space from one drive to the C drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; .,. submitted by /u/Vision919 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6whec/how_to_safely_move_space_from_one_drive_to_the_c/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vision919, Jan 28, 2021.

1. How to safely move space from one drive to the C drive?

/u/Vision919, Jan 28, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CHow to safely move space from one drive to the C drive? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Anwille Win User

How to safely move space from one drive to the C drive?

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

How to safely move space from one drive to the C drive?

1. How to safely move space from one drive to the C drive? - Similar Threads - safely move space

2. How to move safely programs into another drive C to D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move safely programs into another drive C to D Drive: Me and my brother had 2 accounts of our own, I need to move all my brother's programs that i don't use and move into another driveWe had have our own separate drives and i want to move it safely otherwise anything happens to his data of the programs he had used, my brother is...
  3. How to move safely programs into another drive C to D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move safely programs into another drive C to D Drive: Me and my brother had 2 accounts of our own, I need to move all my brother's programs that i don't use and move into another driveWe had have our own separate drives and i want to move it safely otherwise anything happens to his data of the programs he had used, my brother is...
  4. C drive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive space: Hello .My C drive is an ssd 476 GB.At Monday the capacity was 290 GB.I deleted the latest restore points and the capacity went up to 300GB.Also i activated the weekly scheduled optimization for C drivebut i am thinking wasn't necessary and for my second internal hddmainly for...
  5. How to move windows from one drive to another or move Program files off C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move windows from one drive to another or move Program files off C drive: Hi, my pc has three drives a 2TB HDDD, a 112Gb 2.5" SSDC and a 500Gb m.2E drive. Stupidly I downloaded windows onto my C drive and all of my program files are stored on there too. it has got to the point where I have no storage left on that drive despite having nothing else...
  6. How to move windows from one drive to another or move Program files off C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move windows from one drive to another or move Program files off C drive: Hi, my pc has three drives a 2TB HDDD, a 112Gb 2.5" SSDC and a 500Gb m.2E drive. Stupidly I downloaded windows onto my C drive and all of my program files are stored on there too. it has got to the point where I have no storage left on that drive despite having nothing else...
  7. How to move windows from one drive to another or move Program files off C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to move stuff from OS C: drive to D D: drive safely.

How to move stuff from OS C: drive to D D: drive safely.: Hello, I am asking how to move some important file library locations music, documents, pictures, perhaps even my desktop files and more to my D drive since my OS drive is almost full. Yes, I don't understand how computers work but i messed up before and wish not to do it...
  9. How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?: I have folders with a bunch of pictures and I want to move them to the D drive because there is more space there. How to do that? Also is there a way to set the D drive as the default drive so pictures saved will automatically go there? submitted by /u/jayx468 [link]...
  10. Move free space from D drive to C Drive

Move free space from D drive to C Drive: Hi, I am receiving messages saying my storage is full. Disk manager shows no free space on C drive, but 913GB free on D drive, how can I reallocate free space from D to C? Thanks...