Windows 10: how to safely opt out of windows insider by restoring to the last production build because...

Discus and support how to safely opt out of windows insider by restoring to the last production build because... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I honestly do not know how or when I ended up in windows insider but I now realize that the level of technical knowledge required is way beyond my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LYNNETTESHUREB, Dec 16, 2018.

1. how to safely opt out of windows insider by restoring to the last production build because...

I honestly do not know how or when I ended up in windows insider but I now realize that the level of technical knowledge required is way beyond my understanding. I never had a formal computer class and stumbled into this category realizing now with all these unending updates that my computer is so slow, so messed up I just want to go back to a stable UPDATE BUT I SEE THAT IT REQUIRES THAT I HAVE TECHNICAL UNDERSTANDING I NEED HELP WITH. WHERE IS THE LAST STABLE PRODUCTION BUILD THAT IS NOT FILLED WITH PATCHES AND BUGS THAT I CAN RESTORE TOO.
    SOMEONE SAID A LOT OF COMPUTER USERS ARE UNINSTALLING WINDOWS 10 AND GOING BACK TO WINDOWS 7 IS THAT TRUE? I an old and I have vision challenges and need another support person who is also of my generation and is patient and wise. Last week I spent all day on the computer with two CHAT SUPPORT PEOPLE WHO THOUGH WERE VERY SINCERE IN THEIR ATTEMPTS TO GUIDE ME THROUGH TAKING OVER MY COMPUTER ONLY MADE MATTERS WORSE.
    I use to have windows support but that has expired now I am lost and need to opt out of WINDOWS INSIDER. WAS THE LAST PRODUCTION BUILD 1830? PLEASE HELP.
    Lynnette Shureb

:)

LYNNETTESHUREB, Dec 16, 2018

2. Unable to opt out of Insider Builds

I have tried over the last month or two to stop receiving Insider Builds and have been unsuccessful. I keep getting referred to this

How-To article
    . I wish to follow their advice:

• Keep an eye out for the next production, or publicly released, build to hit my PC. When it does, I can opt out
    Question #1: Where can I find the schedule for the next public build?

Question #2: If such a build is tomorrow ("Patch Tuesday"), is it as simple as going to Windows -> Settings -> Update & Security > Windows Insider Program and clicking the link "Stop Insider Preview builds"?

Every time I have done that in the past, I just get directed to the above article (unless perhaps I did not time it with the "next production build" properly). I'm about to reinstall Windows 10 and all my apps from scratch if I can't opt out. As a developer
    that means about two days worth of work I'd like to avoid at all cost. Preview versions are too slow for me to work with.

I am currently on Version 1809 (OS Build 17744.1004) and am on the slow track.

Carl

CarlHaynie, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Receiving preview Windows updates even I'm not opt-in for the Insider Program

Hi Red,

This issue installing Windows Insider could have happened due to the version of your Windows. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Which version of Windows are you running?
    • Have you tried registering on Windows Insider?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article.
    This will give you a step to stop receiving Windows Insider updates.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Dec 16, 2018
  4. SarahKong Win User

how to safely opt out of windows insider by restoring to the last production build because...

Opt out of windows insider?!?!

Doesn't look like you are opted in.

So odd that you got that message.

See link below that talks about how to opt out.

But your screen shows to get started which means your not opted in.

My screen is the same and i am not opted in.

https://www.windowscentral.com/why-you-should-o...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

SarahKong, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

how to safely opt out of windows insider by restoring to the last production build because...

1. how to safely opt out of windows insider by restoring to the last production build because... - Similar Threads - safely opt insider

2. opting out of windows insider program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    opting out of windows insider program: I've opted out of windows insider program, but my windows update showing that my device is registered to get insider builds and I'm receiving them. How to stop these?by the way I'm not using any business or organization account.Any solution?...
  3. How to Opt-out of windows insider program?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Opt-out of windows insider program?: I'm still getting windows 11 preview builds even after leaving the the insider program and there's no way to skip those builds. after few days they'll be downloading automatically how can I stop getting preview builds? I'm on 21H1 19043.1151 183550
  4. Opt out windows insider

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opt out windows insider: I've been trying to opt out for a while, with the checkbox enabled. I'm on version Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds 19592 I received an email saying the build will expire on July 31, 2020, does that mean I'll be pushed back to the stable release after this date? submitted...
  5. Opt Out of Windows Insider Preview

Opt Out of Windows Insider Preview: I recently joined the windows insider preview under first ring. Because of the constant updates i switched to slow ring and then opted out of the insider preview. My question is that now that i have opted out, will i still continue to receive stable preview builds up until...
  6. how to opt out of windows insider preview builds ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to opt out of windows insider preview builds ?: I have message under windows insider: You may continue to receive windows insider builds ultil your PC restarts. And below is buttot restart. I tried that and i had still this message here. How to opt out of windows insider ? 134207
  7. How do I opt out of Windows Insider Builds?

How do I opt out of Windows Insider Builds?: Yeah so earlier I decided to opt into Windows Insider Builds as they interested me, so once I opted in, it started to install a build However, when it was installing I got a message saying "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10 (and by that it means it won't install the...
  8. opting out of windows insider program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opting out of windows insider program: hello everyone. my question is; how do I opt out if windows insider program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opting-out-of-windows-insider-program/082933d6-73d6-46bc-ae4f-d48c65e7eddf
  9. Opt out of windows insider?!?!

Opt out of windows insider?!?!: I have never been a windows insider and have never opted in. I just installed an update and I noticed some wired settings which lead me to find out that I am in the insider program. I have never opted in. Im sure Microsoft did this without asking me to steal my telemetry...
  10. Unable to opt out of Insider Builds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to opt out of Insider Builds: I have tried over the last month or two to stop receiving Insider Builds and have been unsuccessful. I keep getting referred to this How-To article. I wish to follow their advice: Keep an eye out for the next production, or publicly released, build to hit my PC. When it...