Windows 10: How to safely remove W10?

Discus and support How to safely remove W10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed W10 in a E: partition and after trying it I prefer to remove it. I had boot problems lately in this laptop after formating and deleting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kmint, Dec 24, 2014.

1. kmint Win User

How to safely remove W10?

I installed W10 in a E: partition and after trying it I prefer to remove it.

I had boot problems lately in this laptop after formating and deleting the partition as I have always done to get rid of some testing OS. It didn't boot at all and needed to reinstall W8.1 wasting a hell of time.

I mean, how can I format and delete the partition safely without losing the booting files?

Thanks in advance

:)

kmint, Dec 24, 2014

2. How to safely remove N97 via USB

@2bad thanks it worked !!

taruntanu---01, Dec 24, 2014
  3. How to safely remove N97 via USB

is your pc suite open? if it is close it first and all other programs relating to nokia services/devices and then disconnect if you don't have the safely remove component

radical24---01, Dec 24, 2014
  4. Phone Man Win User

On my Dual boot system I first made Widows 8.1 the default so it uses 8.1 boot files and then deleted Windows 10 partition.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Dec 24, 2014
  5. kmint Win User
    Thank you very much for your help.

kmint, Dec 25, 2014
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Just delete the Windows 10 partition (and the GRUB boot loader if you don't want it any more) and then boot a windows 8.1 install system and do REPAIR SYSTEM.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 26, 2014
  7. The best way is to install 10TP on it's own ssd or hdd and simply format the sucker *Tongue

ThrashZone, Dec 28, 2014
  8. CountMike New Member

And disconnect other drives first, it can make it difficult to get rid of later. This way you can make a dual BOOT easy enough, just reformat unwanted drive.

CountMike, Jan 6, 2015
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    Or run it in VMware Player. Then you need not reboot all the time. With 1 click it's up or down. Here is how.

10. Both very good options *Smile
    I chose the lesser of the 3-4 evils and simply bought a new dual hot swap case I can install on a new machine
    No usb 3 ports esata was just another complication process beside mine is dead and didn't care to look into it as to why
    Vmplayer was another step down to use only a 32 bit iso narrrr *Tongue

No more dual booting on the same drive for sure = done with that mess.

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to safely remove W10? - Similar Threads - safely remove W10

2. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  3. Making W10 Safe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Making W10 Safe: Newbie here currently using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Used W10 a while back but abandoned it. Here is why. I was trying to use my Amazon account and had trouble. Amazon found someone other than me tried to use my account. I had been hacked. After the tech at Amazon finished his work,...
  4. Making W10 Safe

in Windows 10 Support
    Making W10 Safe: Newbie here currently using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Used W10 a while back but abandoned it. Here is why. I was trying to use my Amazon account and had trouble. Amazon found someone other than me tried to use my account. I had been hacked. After the tech at Amazon finished his work,...
  5. Remove w10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove w10: I am trying to remove w10 and go back to Ubuntu. I am signed on as Administrator and not as Local Administrator. Followed the instructions here on how to remove the Fast Start. However, they are not working. Any ideas how to do this? Any help appreciated. 138725
  6. Remove w10

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove w10: I am trying to remove w10 and go back to Ubuntu. I am signed on as Administrator and not as Local Administrator. Followed the instructions here on how to remove the Fast Start. However, they are not working. Any ideas how to do this? Any help appreciated. 138725
  7. Safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove: On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the stick is ok because the led goes out. Does anyone have a fix that "really" works ? Thanks 125584
  8. Can Microsoft PlayReady be safely removed in W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Microsoft PlayReady be safely removed in W10?: Hi - I've been questioning PlayReady for some time now and I wonder if it can be safely and completely removed. For those not familiar with it, see here... Code: https://www.microsoft.com/playready/[/quote] Opinions? *Zip 114264
  9. How to remove W10 Mail Program

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove W10 Mail Program: Hi I need to remove the Mail program that came with W10 from my PC, or at least disable it. How do I do that? Thanks Daniel 81989
  10. W10 Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Safe mode: I have been told that you can enter Safe Mode in W10 by holding the Shift key at startup and tapping the F8 key, do you know if this is correct? (I had a crash after holding he shift key so didn't get any further) 34008