Windows 10: how to save a photo as a jpeg

Discus and support how to save a photo as a jpeg in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can no longer save photos to my laptop as jpegs. What's the problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lrc6495, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Lrc6495 Win User

how to save a photo as a jpeg

I can no longer save photos to my laptop as jpegs. What's the problem?

:)

Lrc6495, Sep 23, 2020

2. Saving photos

Hi DustinHennin,

First, congratulations on being one of the first folks to get the elusive Samsung ATIV S.

Would you please elaborate as to what app you're using to view photos and what steps you're taking in order to save the photos?

For instance, if I'm in the People hub and see a pic someone posted that I want to save to my phone:

• I simply tap on the photo and it brings it to another screen.
    • Then I tap the ellipses (...) at the bottom of the screen and choose save to phone.
    • Next, I go back to my Start screen and tap on Photos.
    • Tap on albums.
    • Tap on Save Pictures.
    • My latest photo that I saved should be there at the top.

Here's some more information about
    Photos on Windows Phone

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 23, 2020
  3. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 23, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Replacement for photo viewer

Win ver 19041.388

Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate any suggestions that is not overly optioned, just a simple viewer. Tx

meebers, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. how to save a photo as a jpeg - Similar Threads - save photo jpeg

2. Photos/Jpegs extremely slow in onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos/Jpegs extremely slow in onedrive: I feel like something has changed in onedrive or windows 11 recently.JPEGs in folders in onedrive are incredibly slow to work with, getting previews of them in explorer or opening them in photos app, they are blurred and a mess and it takes ages, like 20 seconds a image for...
  3. Burning jpeg photo to cd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning jpeg photo to cd: How to? Photo is/was an attachment to an email. I have saved it as a jpeg. What's the next move to burn it to a disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-jpeg-photo-to-cd/bdb48885-b8d9-4159-b8c3-438756647cbf
  4. Saving jpeg & Paint or Paint 3D

Saving jpeg & Paint or Paint 3D: If I take a picture or part of one open in paint, and then using the tool select the portion I want 'cut it out using 'Ctl+X' then do a select all Ctl+A and delete the rest, then Ctl+V to paste in the selection..... all works fine. Then when I go to save it seems to...
  5. HOW TO MOVE EXISTING TEXT IN A PHOTO .JPEG FILE

HOW TO MOVE EXISTING TEXT IN A PHOTO .JPEG FILE: I am using PAINT 3D to try and move just the text in a photo. When I create a text box around the text and drag it, it moves the text and the background as well which leaves a white box where it used to be... I haven't been able to find a way around this... Any tips / advice...
  6. photo unable to save as jpeg

photo unable to save as jpeg: When I go to pictures I cannot save pictures as a jpeg file, I use Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-unable-to-save-as-jpeg/82d818f3-1453-4fff-8532-a0555a044ef1"
  7. Changing how photos are saved

Changing how photos are saved: When I inserted a SD card from my camera I accidently clicked for the photos to go to the default Photo app. I want to change the default to my Dropbox account, but when I insert another SD card with photos I no longer get the list with options. How do I get the default to...
  8. saving, then later opening photos {jpeg]

saving, then later opening photos {jpeg]: on closing my photos look like saved in a file form I and my computer does not recognise. it looks like a revers of windows photos, white mountain blues sky. and will not open Help...
  9. Saving photos jpeg

Saving photos jpeg: How do I change photos to jpeg using paint or other functions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-photos-jpeg/f07d7519-cec5-43a8-9e9c-dceeb8730c0f"
  10. Windows saving as jpeg instead of jpg

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows saving as jpeg instead of jpg: Not sure if this is a windows problem or not but I've tried everything with my browsers to resolve this. Whenever i save an image in firefox and chrome the save file type is greyed out and the images are always saved as jpeg instead of the native jpg and my embroidery...