Windows 10: How to save a preinstalled Windows 10

Discus and support How to save a preinstalled Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a new computer and I want to delete the Windows 10 partition (it comes with windows home) So I cloned the drive and save it in case in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GonzaloSP, Jan 12, 2019.

1. GonzaloSP Win User

How to save a preinstalled Windows 10

Hi,

I just got a new computer and I want to delete the Windows 10 partition (it comes with windows home) So I cloned the drive and save it in case in the future a want to sell the computer. I was wondering if there is a more efficient way to reinstall windows on the computer in the future without having so save 20+GBs of information.

Because, I believe, MS saves the serial numbers of the hardware, if I download and install windows 10 home is the licence going to be applied automatically in the computer?

Thanks

:)

GonzaloSP, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How to save a preinstalled Windows 10 - Similar Threads - save preinstalled

2. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  3. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  4. My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-: My One Drive folders are showing a red x. I can open a file but cannot save it as it doesn't recognise the file address or name . It renames the file A- and says cannot locate OneDrive even though I have just opened it from the onedrive...
  5. My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-

My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-: My One Drive folders are showing a red x. I can open a file but cannot save it as it doesn't recognise the file address or name . It renames the file A- and says cannot locate OneDrive even though I have just opened it from the onedrive...
  6. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...
  7. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...
  8. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  10. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. save preinstalled windows

2. how to save preinstalled apps