Windows 10: How to save a preinstalled Windows 10

Discus and support How to save a preinstalled Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a new computer and I want to delete the Windows 10 partition (it comes with windows home) So I cloned the drive and save it in case in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GonzaloSP, Jan 12, 2019.

1. GonzaloSP Win User

How to save a preinstalled Windows 10

Hi,

I just got a new computer and I want to delete the Windows 10 partition (it comes with windows home) So I cloned the drive and save it in case in the future a want to sell the computer. I was wondering if there is a more efficient way to reinstall windows on the computer in the future without having so save 20+GBs of information.

Because, I believe, MS saves the serial numbers of the hardware, if I download and install windows 10 home is the licence going to be applied automatically in the computer?

Thanks

:)

GonzaloSP, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How to save a preinstalled Windows 10 - Similar Threads - save preinstalled

2. Windows 10 Navigation Pane is blank during "Save as" of some apps like Adobe Illustrator &...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Navigation Pane is blank during "Save as" of some apps like Adobe Illustrator &...: Windows 10 Navigation Pane is blank during "Save as" of some apps like Adobe Illustrator & Adobe InDesign CC 2019 so I cannot browse the folders where I want to save the file I'm working on. Please help. Thanks!...
  3. |Saved

in Cortana
    |Saved: Hi I saved several cottages when looking at sites, unfortunately now I cannot find where the computer has stored them, its frustrating because I don't want to go through all the cottages again, any help please...
  4. How to save images as PNG when my pc will only save them as SVG?

How to save images as PNG when my pc will only save them as SVG?: When I want to save an image from the internet that is suppose to be a PNG my PC will save it as a SVG which my PC cannot even open, and it gives no option of a PNG. Im not sure why this is happening and it would be great if someone could help me....
  5. Cannot save Apache Open Office files, or create new folder, on windows 10

Cannot save Apache Open Office files, or create new folder, on windows 10: I am not able to save files or create new folders ever since getting remote access assistance with canon printer installation. I have installed a new copy of Apache Open Office, and uninstalled the canon printer to try to troubleshoot the problem....
  6. I lost all my saved files in my One Note and another files were replaced after Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I lost all my saved files in my One Note and another files were replaced after Windows...: My One Note keeps mostly screen cuts made by the certain One Note function. All the files saved in my smartphone One Note app but I still lost about 50 saved files in there. Can I restore my files without coming back to the previous version (maybe, 1803) Windows? In the...
  7. Why cannot I scan and save to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why cannot I scan and save to PDF: Hi the scanner only seems to allow certain file types for saving. All associated with photos and not documents. The favoured document saving file is PDF. Is there a way I can scan and save in PDF using Adobe reader DC?...
  8. Paint 3D Closes Unexpectedly And Doesn't Save Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D Closes Unexpectedly And Doesn't Save Properly: When I try to open a saved project in Paint 3D it closes unexpectedly; no error messesage is given. This also occationally happens while I'm editing, for no apparent reason. Additionally, when I save (whether as a project or a 3D image) half the time the saved file will be 0...
  9. Unable to save as jpg, using psp

Unable to save as jpg, using psp: PSP x9 opens a new file in its native format .psp with layers and all the bells and whistles. When I try to save a copy of the file (merging all layers) as a jpg. it encounters a some error. I was shown how to avoid this quirk in Windows 10 but I forgot how... it had to...
  10. Photos not saving

Photos not saving: i am having difficulty saving photos from the web to my folders . when i right click on an image , a new browser connected to the image opens up instead. how can i go about solving this problem?...