Windows 10: How to save a preinstalled Windows 10

Discus and support How to save a preinstalled Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a new computer and I want to delete the Windows 10 partition (it comes with windows home) So I cloned the drive and save it in case in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GonzaloSP, Jan 12, 2019.

1. GonzaloSP Win User

How to save a preinstalled Windows 10

Hi,

I just got a new computer and I want to delete the Windows 10 partition (it comes with windows home) So I cloned the drive and save it in case in the future a want to sell the computer. I was wondering if there is a more efficient way to reinstall windows on the computer in the future without having so save 20+GBs of information.

Because, I believe, MS saves the serial numbers of the hardware, if I download and install windows 10 home is the licence going to be applied automatically in the computer?

Thanks

:)

GonzaloSP, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How to save a preinstalled Windows 10 - Similar Threads - save preinstalled

2. How to change Print Screen to default in JPG Format when saving to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Print Screen to default in JPG Format when saving to OneDrive?: When I press the PrtSc (Print Screen) key in Windows 10 it save a Screenshot in my "OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots" folder as a PNG. I want it to save as a JPG....
  3. can windows 10 allow me to save to a dvd on my laptop a Directv recorded show?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can windows 10 allow me to save to a dvd on my laptop a Directv recorded show?: Can I record/save a Directv recorded show to a DVD on my Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-10-allow-me-to-save-to-a-dvd-on-my/6f1868ab-05f7-43c6-b3d8-0f0691be814a
  4. Camera App accessed by CameraCaptureUI is not saving photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera App accessed by CameraCaptureUI is not saving photos: When calling the CameraCaptureUI, the Camera app showed up as intended and I was able to click on the take photo button. But when the button was clicked the camera screen greys out and no image were saved. This affect all Panasonic Toughpads devices with Win 10 Enterprise...
  5. Not able to save to a certain location

Not able to save to a certain location: So recently I've been trying to mod Oblivion, and I need to make changes to one of the mod's .ini files by using Notepad, but when I try to save the file to the location, it says: "You can't save to 'D:\Users\parks\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion Mods\Bash...
  6. Mouse keeps shutting down to try and save power...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps shutting down to try and save power...: I never had this problem before but recently my wireless mouse seems to shut down after a minute or two. I think it's about saving battery power. I only have the windows driver installed, no outside company driver - i've tried to download several drivers from 'Tecknet', the...
  7. Browser unable to save, WhatsApp not functioning properly, Paint not working....!!!???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browser unable to save, WhatsApp not functioning properly, Paint not working....!!!???: Hi, I have problems in Save, Save As, Copy + Paste, Using whatsApp ( an;t Attache anything, Files, Videos to share or forward.?) Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-unable-to-save-whatsapp-not-functioning/cc699a24-497d-4e56-bba3-d3f939e1cbcb
  8. Bulk/batch delete tags saved to files

Bulk/batch delete tags saved to files: Is there a way to batch or bulk delete tags added to files. Either all of the same tag in a lot of files, or all tags from a batch or group of files. Or even to change/rename a tag in all files. Anything really. I have a lot of photo files with tags no longer...
  9. About windows store cloud save.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About windows store cloud save.: Does windows store have cloud save? I want to make sure that so i can delete my asphalt 9 and may be i can install it in the future without losing any things. I 've already log in to my microsoft account....
  10. Unable To Save To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable To Save To Desktop: All of a sudden I'm unable to save any kind of file to various folders on my computer, including c:\users\me\desktop. Also unable to be saved to is c:\users\me\downloads. Other locations under c:\users\me are, however, okay. When I create a new file (say, a text file in...