Windows 10: How to save a screenshot to the desired location?

Discus and support How to save a screenshot to the desired location? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've taken a screenshot and then it saves to the screenshots folder. This folder is located on my SSD. I know a screenshot doesn't take up much room... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zach_Zach_700, Sep 15, 2020.

1. How to save a screenshot to the desired location?

I've taken a screenshot and then it saves to the screenshots folder. This folder is located on my SSD. I know a screenshot doesn't take up much room but is there any way that I could have it automatically save to the desired location?

submitted by /u/Zach_Zach_700
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zach_Zach_700, Sep 15, 2020

2. screenshot function is not working

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer and click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\Screenshots.
    • Right click on the Screenshots folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab in the Properties Window.
    • Change the location to the desired location and click on Move.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Cannot locate screenshots

Thank you for the suggestions.

I followed instructions in https://www.intowindows.com/fix-windows-10-not-...

but the screenshot that I took was not listed where is was supposed to be (in Recents).

The recommended link https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-change-defa...

tells me to click on the screenshots folder, but as you know I don't have that folder.

NOTE:

When I click the Windows key plus PrntScr, the screen does NOT dim. Instead, the "Start" menu appears.

So I think that that key combination is not saving the screenshot at all, anywhere. That would explain why there is nothing on the clipboard.

Do you have any suggestions for verifying that the Windows key plus PrntScr is taking the screenshot?

WilliamJSlade, Sep 15, 2020
  4. How to save a screenshot to the desired location?

Cannot locate screenshots

My apologies. I thought you didn't want to use Windows key + PrtScrn shortcut.

The Screenshots folder is only created after first screenshot is taken.

If the issue is that you are using WIndows key + PrtScrn and it isn't saving Screenshots then see fixes here:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-8-not-sa...

https://www.intowindows.com/fix-windows-10-not-...

(Please avoid clicking unwanted ad links, just follow excellent editorial steps)

How to locate and move the Screenshots folder location:

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-change-defa...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

How to save a screenshot to the desired location?

1. How to save a screenshot to the desired location? - Similar Threads - save screenshot desired

2. Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots: There have been many discussions about changing the default location of Saves in the Snipping Tool but they all apply to Screenshots, too. I like that if I do a screenshot Windows+PrintScrn it goes into the Screenshots folder. However, I use the Snipping Tool often to capture...
  3. Photo Gallery not saving edited photos to the desired location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Gallery not saving edited photos to the desired location: I am currently using Windows Photo Gallery 2012, Build 16.4.3528.331. I just had my Windows 10 hard drive replaced to another Windows 10 hard drive and now my photos are not saving to the proper location.This is how it used to work before the new drive was installed:I would...
  4. Photo Gallery not saving edited photos to the desired location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Gallery not saving edited photos to the desired location: I am currently using Windows Photo Gallery 2012, Build 16.4.3528.331. I just had my Windows 10 hard drive replaced to another Windows 10 hard drive and now my photos are not saving to the proper location.This is how it used to work before the new drive was installed:I would...
  5. Photo Gallery not saving edited photos to the desired location

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. screenshot not saving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screenshot not saving: When I touch the print screen button only it doesn't save. It only saves when I press the windows button + print screen button. How to fix that? submitted by /u/raven-perlas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5997u/screenshot_not_saving/
  7. how to see the screenshot if it is not saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to see the screenshot if it is not saved: hello .. i want to ask that using the snipping tool i took a full screen shot but i didnt saved it .... can u pls tell from where i can get the screenshot...
  8. How to access a screenshot saved in the clipboard?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access a screenshot saved in the clipboard?: I took a screenshot of a game and I cannot access it. The picture is only showing up in the clipboard and I cannot paste it anywhere. Please help....
  9. Windows 10 screenshot save location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 screenshot save location: I did a debloat from farag2 github project and after that my screenshot save location is somehow changed. I want to change it to default loction that is Pictures>>Screenshots. I googled it and it provided to go to properties of Screenshots folder and change from the Location...
  10. Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive: My ssd is slowly filling up so as a way to free up a little bit of space I thought I'd move the screenshot folder to my D drive(which is a hard drive). But when doing this, instead of selecting a folder I selected the drive itself. So now all the screenshots are making a mess...