Windows 10: How to save a web page to desktop

Discus and support How to save a web page to desktop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Trying to put the web site Etsy on my desktop. Right click does not give me the option. How do I make it a desktop icon? 47337 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cortez Cat Lady, Apr 14, 2016.

1. How to save a web page to desktop

Trying to put the web site Etsy on my desktop. Right click does not give me the option. How do I make it a desktop icon?

:)

Cortez Cat Lady, Apr 14, 2016

2. How to save a web page on a favorites folder?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern, Let me help you.

Please share these details.

• On which web Brower you are trying to add favorites is it on internet explorer or edge?

• From which user account have you logging into the system? is it from the Microsoft account or Local account?

Please try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Open Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode.

Follow the steps given below to open Internet Options.

a) Press Windows Key + R Key.

b) Type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter

Once you have the internet options, try disabling add-ons and then attempt to add favorites

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

If the issue still persists, follow this:

Method 2: Try
    resetting Internet Explorer back to its default settings. This removes all changes that have been made to Internet Explorer since it was installed, but it doesn't delete your favorites or feeds.

Follow the steps given below to reset:

a) Press Windows Key + R Key.

b) Type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter.

c) Click on the Advanced tab and then click on
    Reset option given at the bottom of the same screen.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings and add-ons. We recommend that you to note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature and re-enable the add-ons.

For More information, I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Use favorites to save websites you like.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 14, 2016
  3. How to save a web page on a favorites folder?

still having same problem. its a windows 10 issue. it wont let me save a web site to my favorites folder I get the "access denied" error message. Sometimes it does work , I have to save it 4 or 5 times and it will work or if I shorten the name of the
    web page I am saving, then it will work sometimes. I have to organize 4,819 favorites. This is really messing me up................................

dan_landolakes, Apr 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to save a web page to desktop

Hello Cortez Cat Lady, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

What browser are you using?

For now you could create a new shortcut on your desktop, and use the URL for the location.

Brink, Apr 14, 2016
  5. Thanks Brink,
    I use MSN? Not real sure..... On my computer at work which is Windows 7, I can open the web page and then right click and it will ask me if I want to save it to the desktop. With Windows 10 when I do the same, the only options I have is select all, print, inspect element and view source. I am totally lost....

Cortez Cat Lady, Apr 14, 2016
  6. agree with above. looks like it is edge browser. i just discovered some new stuff with i.e. word.

lopedoggie, Apr 14, 2016
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    Try CTL+P which will print it. You can direct that to the desktop.

8. Berton Win User

With Internet Explorer I have the Menu bar showing so I just go to File, Save as... and follow the prompts. With Firefox I right-click in the page and choose Save page as... and follow the prompts. The 3 dots following various commands on context menus mean more choices will appear when clicked.

Berton, Apr 14, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    With IE it's best to save page as .MHT as it saves only in one file. To do same with FF you need "UnMht" ad-on.

CountMike, Apr 14, 2016
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Edge seems to missing the save as .MHT option. I still prefer IE anyway (I'm an Old Dinosaur-- don't like Menuless "modern UI" apps when I'm using a desktop --it' NOT a mobile phone !! and I still like MENUS. - even when I'm NOT in a Restaurant).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 14, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    And no fortune cookies either !

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to save a web page to desktop - Similar Threads - save web page

2. Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name Where It Was Saved Into

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name Where It Was Saved Into: Windows 10, Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965Lately, after saving a web page to my directory, when I open the saved page, it included the folder name it was saved in. The opened page would show some of it's contents, for not a functional web page.On this forum, went to the...
  3. Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name Where It Was Saved Into

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name Where It Was Saved Into: Windows 10, Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965Lately, after saving a web page to my directory, when I open the saved page, it included the folder name it was saved in. The opened page would show some of it's contents, for not a functional web page.On this forum, went to the...
  4. Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name Where It Was Saved Into

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Web Pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  6. Web Pages

Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  7. Web Pages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. how to add shortcut icon to desktop for a web page

how to add shortcut icon to desktop for a web page: trying to put shortcut on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-shortcut-icon-to-desktop-for-a-web-page/abeaea90-d25d-4e33-8baa-aa19eb20e89a
  9. how to save a icon on my desktop or the page im working on

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to save a icon on my desktop or the page im working on: i have trouble saving the web page on my desk top or create a short cut the rick click does not work for me at aall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-a-icon-on-my-desktop-or-the-page-im/ba63fcf1-72c2-468c-9f89-6b5a2f39d501
  10. Placing A Shortcut To A Web Page On Desktop ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Placing A Shortcut To A Web Page On Desktop ?: Hello, I have opened up a simple web page that I would like to save a Shortcut (or other Link to) so I can get to it very easily directly from my Desktop. The little icon to the left of the address seems to be a "lock", and I can't drag it anywhere. See: CubicSDR - The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save webpage to desktop edge

2. save webpage to desktop

3. save to desktop edge