Windows 10: how to save and name a video once recorded on Windows 10.

Discus and support how to save and name a video once recorded on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have recorded 1 minute of my speaking on my laptop, and want to save it and then post it elsewhere. How do I do that on Windows 10 please? There are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by charliebrooking, Aug 29, 2019.

1. how to save and name a video once recorded on Windows 10.

I have recorded 1 minute of my speaking on my laptop, and want to save it and then post it elsewhere. How do I do that on Windows 10 please? There are only buttons to record or take photos and a setting button but none of them save videos. How do I save videos please?

:)

charliebrooking, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Mr Public Win User

Record video of application window

Take a look at OBS.

It's a Free and Open Source program that allows you to record both your screen and specific windows. (Note: it cannot record minimized windows, as minimized windows will stop rendering completely).

Here's a step-by-step on how to go about recording a specific window:

1. Download and install OBS.
    2. Open OBS and the Program you want to record.
    3. In OBS, go to Settings -> Settings then go to Broadcast Settings and set Mode to File Output Only.
    4. Set File Path to wherever you want the recording to be saved to.
    5. Click OK to save and apply the settings you just changed.
    6. In the main screen of OBS, right-click on the white box in the bottom left labeled Scenes, click Add Scene, then enter any name you want to identify the scene as.
    7. Click on the scene name you just created in the same white box, then in the white box to the right labeled Sources, right-click and do Add -> Window Capture and enter any name you want to identify the window capture as.
    8. In the Window dropdown, find your program window that you want to record and click it.
    9. Click OK to save that window to be recorded.
    10. Click Preview Stream and then click Edit Scene and position the window in the recording box to however you want it displayed in the final recording.
    11. Click Stop Preview and you should be ready to record that window whenever you want.
    12. To start the recording, click Start Recording and to stop recording, click Stop Recording.

This will record your program's window reguardless of whether it is in the foreground or background. Remember, since a window is not rendered when it is minimized, it will be unable to be recorded.

Mr Public, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Ober08 Win User

how to save and name a video once recorded on Windows 10.

video recording saving location

Hi,

After syncing, why the videos I record w/ WP7 is stored in 'My Pictures' folder on my laptop rather than of the Videos folder?

In addition, Why are the videos stored listed in Camera Roll and the Picture hub? Shouldn't the videos I record be stored in 'Music + Videos' and NOT in camera roll?

Ober08, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

how to save and name a video once recorded on Windows 10.

1. how to save and name a video once recorded on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - save name video

2. how to save a video in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to save a video in windows 10: I took a video with my note 8 and to move it to my laptop i unfortunately used googlephotos. It worked but I want to sen the video to a third party. How and where do I copy it to on my laptop so it doesn't show up in google photos.when i click on the video and try to use copy...
  3. how to save a video in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to save a video in windows 10: I took a video with my note 8 and to move it to my laptop i unfortunately used googlephotos. It worked but I want to sen the video to a third party. How and where do I copy it to on my laptop so it doesn't show up in google photos.when i click on the video and try to use copy...
  4. Record video

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Record video: I have a lecture that I can't download but only be able to play in browsers. I need an app that would record my chrome page only. At the same time, I want to be able to use other apps which shouldn't affect the chrome recording process. Does anyone know any app or have any...
  5. Voice Recorder couldn’t save this recording in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Voice Recorder couldn’t save this recording in Windows 10: Many users have faced this issue that while using the Voice Recorder app of Windows 10. The app fails to save the recording. It could have happened for any reason like outdated audio driver, bad audio service status, etc. If you are also having the same problem, then this...
  6. Video recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video recording: I cannot record a video with my camera app for windows 10. The camera takes pics but when I click the record button it doesnt record. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-recording/65ea25c0-a3a3-40c7-be8a-9b9900de23ee
  7. Video recording app for windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Video recording app for windows 10: The video recorder app built into windows 10 stops at 3 hours. I need an app that will go until GB storage runs out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-recording-app-for-windows-10/0aff317d-49fc-4c22-b27e-2e06f1b384fd"
  8. Saving Skype video recordings to laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Skype video recordings to laptop: My Windows 10 is up to date and I'm using Skype version 8.52.0.138, Application version 14.52.138.0. I've got video recordings on Skype that I wish to save to my laptop. I've tried Save and Save As and neither of them work. What to do?? This is important to me...?...
  9. once trimmed, video cannot be saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    once trimmed, video cannot be saved: MP4 video files that I save to the desktop can be played using different apps. But when I trim this video file using movies/ tv app/photos app, it freezes with the message This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is...
  10. how to record video with webcam? windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to record video with webcam? windows 10: Hi, how do I record video with webcam on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-record-video-with-webcam-windows-10/a65fae0f-86d3-4a82-999d-5003a2c78ad8