Windows 10: How to save battery life?

Discus and support How to save battery life? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is charging your laptop till 100% bad? I heard there is a 20%, 80% rule.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ts Temuujin, Aug 14, 2022.

1. How to save battery life?

Is charging your laptop till 100% bad? I heard there is a 20%, 80% rule.

:)

Ts Temuujin, Aug 14, 2022

2. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Aug 14, 2022
  3. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Aug 14, 2022
  4. LauriMac Win User

How to save battery life?

Windows 8 and battery life

Since upgrading my Lumia to windows 8 the battery life ****. I've done all the battery savings tips but that didn't make a difference. Any suggestions? Can I downgrade?

LauriMac, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

How to save battery life?

1. How to save battery life? - Similar Threads - save battery life

2. How to save battery life?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save battery life?: Is charging your laptop till 100% bad? I heard there is a 20%, 80% rule. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-battery-life/7d28483f-9d07-4980-86e2-34fd97759af1
  3. How to save battery life?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to save battery life?: Is charging your laptop till 100% bad? I heard there is a 20%, 80% rule. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-battery-life/7d28483f-9d07-4980-86e2-34fd97759af1
  4. Life of battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Life of battery: My battery doesn't charge more than 52% though it is not old. What shall I do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/life-of-battery/5e12fd9f-5d27-4239-8109-8a127234ad1f
  5. Windows Battery Saving Making Battery Life Worse?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Battery Saving Making Battery Life Worse?: Whenever I switch to Battery Saving Mode the battery life projections can sometimes actually go down. For example, the projected battery life will be around 8 1/2 hours when battery saver is enabled but it'll jump to 12 hours when it is disabled. Is this normal? Should I keep...
  6. battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery life: How to get more battery life when not on the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/f3b2c933-8858-437c-a547-63b7a31e7ed9
  7. Battery Life

Battery Life: My laptop's battery life drains incredibly fast. Unplugging the computer from a charger when its at 100% gives me about 4 minutes before it dies. I've tried freeing up memory, turning off the backlight on the keyboard, and lowing the screen brightness but none of it works....
  8. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  9. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba
  10. how to increase battery life?

how to increase battery life?: do battery life can be increased by disabling laptop's touchscreen feature ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-to-increase-battery-life/3916c7d3-9944-4d85-8aec-9d3599b11125