Windows 10: How to save directly to online when the Save As box popups up?

Discus and support How to save directly to online when the Save As box popups up? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Usually if I save something the "Save As" box pop up (screenshot https://i.imgur.com/IWKyoct.png ) and I need to save it on my PC first, then move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by comcom, May 5, 2020.

1. comcom Win User

How to save directly to online when the Save As box popups up?

Usually if I save something the "Save As" box pop up (screenshot https://i.imgur.com/IWKyoct.png ) and I need to save it on my PC first, then move the file to online e.g. Google drive, as attachment in email
    Is there a way to save directly to Google drive or save an image/file/screenshot directly into Gmail attachment?

I mean when I see the "Save As" box pop, I want to save it somewhere online instead of in my PC

Thanks

:)

comcom, May 5, 2020

2. Save Target As

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to save the picture on your desire location.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser.
    • Open the image/picture you want to download.
    • Right click on the image/picture.
    • Click on save picture option.
    • A window shall popup to select the storage location.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 5, 2020
  3. Anak Win User
    Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions

I know the run box was saving my entries in the auto-suggestion menu when I first purchased my machine (system one) but I don't know when it stopped, a recent update perhaps?

This first snip shows my entry for regedit and the result after I tested three times to see if regedit would be saved and it wasn't, this happens with any CMD I try to run, if I open to click on a previous CMD I am presented with an empty suggestion box.

How to save directly to online when the Save As box popups up? [​IMG]

I searched and found a tutorial from @Brink on how to empty the suggestion box where the registry key is located and that result is shown in this snip, my registry key is super imposed on Shawn's .bat file:

From Shawn's win8 tutorial:

Note The auto suggestions history for the Run dialog are stored in the RunMRU registry key below. This is what the .bat file below will delete for you automatically to clear the history. The next time you open something from Run, the RunMRU key will automatically be recreated and will save the new history.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU
    From the note would the general consensus be that if I delete that key it would jump start the auto-suggestion box into working again or would the problem lie elsewhere?

Anak, May 5, 2020
  4. LauraWan Win User

Dialog Box Save/Open

When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved
    in the drop down list? I know how to disable the jump list in Windows 10 by turning of Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar by the toggle button so that it says Off. That doesn't clear the list that I want it to.

Example in photo (Yes I am aware that is Windows 8/8.1 but I have Windows 10):

How to save directly to online when the Save As box popups up? 866e2dca-7080-43d0-adc1-ba806bdcfe67?upload=true.png

LauraWan, May 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to save directly to online when the Save As box popups up? - Similar Threads - save directly online

2. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  3. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  4. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Save Directly to deskthemepack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save Directly to deskthemepack: I use only deskthemepacks so that I can unzip them and edit if I feel the need. If memory serves, there used to be a way to save directly to themepacks instead of creating a theme, right clicking to save to themepack and deleting the theme. Is there any way to save directly...
  6. How to save directions in Microsoft Maps ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save directions in Microsoft Maps ?: Look, if it is simply not possible to save a set of directions road trip! in Maps, just say so... I've seen the question posted several times, but never a response. I have to believe the Maps program allows you to save a set of directions, but heck if I can find it! thanks...
  7. PowerPoint Online Saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PowerPoint Online Saving: Hi so im making a school project on PowerPoint ONLINE but i have a problem i dont know how to save my project into my USB folder it says that my project has been saved to one drive but i dont want it in OneDrive i want it into my specific folder please help me i need it for...
  8. Resizing popup window when using Save or Save As

Resizing popup window when using Save or Save As: I cannot change the size of the pop up window when I use Save or Save As. Once I could resize by dragging at the sides or bottom or even using the little indicator at the bottom RH corner of the pop up but now that indication is not even there. And nothing happens when I try...
  9. Constant "Save a Theme" Popup

Constant "Save a Theme" Popup: I am receiving regular Windows popups titled "Save a Theme" with the content: "Windows can't find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?" It appears to come at random every now and then. Why is this happening all of a sudden? Windows...
  10. Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box: Hi, How do I prevent staff from saving files to desktop? 96569