Windows 10: How to save EVERYTHING before I reset my pc to factory setting

Discus and support How to save EVERYTHING before I reset my pc to factory setting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I want to reset my pc to factory setting to improve its performance. But I want to make sure that I save EVERYTHING on this computer( MS files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MayumiTakahashi, Jan 7, 2019.

1. How to save EVERYTHING before I reset my pc to factory setting

Hi

I want to reset my pc to factory setting to improve its performance.

But I want to make sure that I save EVERYTHING on this computer( MS files and photos ), the settings and Favorites on Edge.

Can anyone tell me how to to this?

:)

MayumiTakahashi, Jan 7, 2019

2. Save files before resetting to factory settings

Hi Camille, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the steps:

Advanced Options - Automatic Repair screen - Command Prompt. Type there ‘notepad.exe’.

Notepad window –click on File. Open to locate the files that you’d like to copy to the USB.

Plug in the USB device to the USB port. Copy the files and folders that you want to save. Paste them in a new folder on the USB drive. Safe you the files you need repeating the above steps.

Once done, proceed with resetting your PC to factory settings.

NighthawkX, Jan 7, 2019
  3. stanroy Win User
    Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, Jan 7, 2019
  4. How to save EVERYTHING before I reset my pc to factory setting

PC is stuck on boot screen. How do I save my files and then rest my pc to factory settings?

Hi NyJam22,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Please follow these steps to save the files on the PC before you reset the PC to Factory Settings:

1. From Advanced Options from the Automatic Repair screen that you see, go to Command Prompt and type ‘notepad.exe’.
    2. From the Notepad window, press File and open to locate the files that you want to copy to the USB.
    3. Plug in the USB device to the USB port. Now copy the files and folders that you want to save and paste it in a new folder on the USB drive. Please repeat the file saving steps as needed to save all the desired files.
    Once this is done you can now proceed with the Reset of the PC to Factory Settings.

Please reply to us with the results to help you further,

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

How to save EVERYTHING before I reset my pc to factory setting

1. How to save EVERYTHING before I reset my pc to factory setting - Similar Threads - save EVERYTHING before

2. If I factory reset my pc will it remove everything on the account as well as pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I factory reset my pc will it remove everything on the account as well as pc?: I just got a hand me down pc from my stepdad and all of his stuff is on it. I’ve looked up if a factory reset will remove his accounts from the system I’ve already tried to remove them from the account section of the settings but there’s nothing that says remove account from...
  3. How do I reset my laptop to factory settings before returning it to a store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my laptop to factory settings before returning it to a store.: I am planning to return my laptop as I found it quite loud, and I was not satisfied with its battery life as well. But when I went to Reset This PC, it asks for how I should reinstall Windows 11. Currently I think the right one is Local Reinstall. Will this remove all my...
  4. How do I reset my laptop to factory settings before returning it to a store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset my laptop to factory settings before returning it to a store.: I am planning to return my laptop as I found it quite loud, and I was not satisfied with its battery life as well. But when I went to Reset This PC, it asks for how I should reinstall Windows 11. Currently I think the right one is Local Reinstall. Will this remove all my...
  5. how do i wipe my pc and reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i wipe my pc and reset to factory settings: how do i perform a factory rest with windows 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-wipe-my-pc-and-reset-to-factory-settings/de5d4fd0-1476-4c53-b548-7ecaaf4a28d9
  6. how do i wipe my pc and reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i wipe my pc and reset to factory settings: how do i perform a factory rest with windows 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-wipe-my-pc-and-reset-to-factory-settings/de5d4fd0-1476-4c53-b548-7ecaaf4a28d9
  7. If i reset my pc and choose to wipe everything will that reset my pc to factory setting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If i reset my pc and choose to wipe everything will that reset my pc to factory setting...: If i reset my pc and choose to wipe everything will that reset my pc to factory setting with only windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-and-choose-to-wipe-everything/fedda40c-1a5a-4399-82fe-38cbab36f739
  8. reset my PC to factory settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset my PC to factory settings: I cant get My lap Top HP ENVY X 360 to rest factory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-my-pc-to-factory-settings/1be3545e-1ce4-4cb0-bcd1-076ef75f4944
  9. Resetting PC to Factory Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting PC to Factory Settings: I am trying to reset my HP 15-bs080wm to factory settings. I know where to go on the computer - settings, updates and security, recovery, and "reset this PC." I clicked through this reset, choosing to reset and delete all files, left the computer plugged in and connected to...
  10. Every time I shut down or restart my pc, everything resets to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Every time I shut down or restart my pc, everything resets to factory settings.: I have windows 10, and very time I restart, everything restarts. While everything is installed, my account info and other various things are not saved. I also can’t open several apps, like mail & the Microsoft store. Any help would be appreciated....