Windows 10: How to save exe files to thumb drives

Discus and support How to save exe files to thumb drives in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I need to reinstall windows 10 in my hp notebook laptop and want to save files to reinstall afterwards. I have tried that before but never had any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by genso, Nov 27, 2019.

1. genso Win User

How to save exe files to thumb drives

I need to reinstall windows 10 in my hp notebook laptop and want to save files to reinstall afterwards. I have tried that before but never had any luck. There was always something missing that prevented the programs from installing. What am I doing wrong?

:)

genso, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Transfer a file to a thumb drive

Hi Michael,

Connect the USB Thumb drive

Right click the file you want to transfer and click 'Send to' - flash drive (that drive should be bottom of he 'Send to' list . . .

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Can a thumb drive be disabled by malware?

There are quite a few possibilities to what happened to your thumb drive:

1. It might be a simple issue where the partition got corrupted: In this case you can go to Computer Management > Disk Management> and check out what partition your thumb drive currently has. If it currently is in RAW format or is just unallocated, I suggest you unallocate the entire drive and make a new partition. It's possible that you can recover upto 99% of your files with a tool like EaseUS DataRecovery Wizard Pro.
    2. The malware corrupted your thumb drive's firmware: The malware that your thumb drive may have encountered may be similar to something like BadUSB. It may or may not have modified your drive's firmware to transmit malware, but in any case your thumb drive's pretty dead, and there's not much you can do about it.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Copying music files to a thumb drive

Thank you for responding, it was a clear answer that is helping solve my desire to move music files to a thumb drive.

The music I want to move, was downloaded from Google music play. I now believe that their music is on my MS Surface book 2., but the files are not view able by the subscriber, me.

I presume it is necessary to use music from a streaming source, that is music that has been paid for, and is in a file format that can be copied or moved. If you can confirm this for me I would appreciate it a great deal!

Thank you for the help.

Dennypic747 &

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to save exe files to thumb drives - Similar Threads - save exe files

2. how do i save my excel files to my thumb drive and not to to the cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i save my excel files to my thumb drive and not to to the cloud: how do i save my exdel files to my thumb drive and not to one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-my-excel-files-to-my-thumb-drive-and/29282752-c4ac-488e-8c66-37254c60eedb
  3. how do i save my excel files to my thumb drive and not to to the cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i save my excel files to my thumb drive and not to to the cloud: how do i save my exdel files to my thumb drive and not to one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-my-excel-files-to-my-thumb-drive-and/29282752-c4ac-488e-8c66-37254c60eedb
  4. how do i save my excel files to my thumb drive and not to to the cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The file is Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program residing on a SanDisk external 32G drive.I am a participant in Windows Insider - just recently updated...
  6. ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE

ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The file is Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program residing on a SanDisk external 32G drive.I am a participant in Windows Insider - just recently updated...
  7. Thumb Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thumb Drives: How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drives/8b697fba-9f37-417b-a867-1443e9150438
  8. Copying music files to a thumb drive

Copying music files to a thumb drive: I have downloaded music from googles music site, using their google player app on my MS Surface Book 2. Now I would like to copy these music files to a thumb drive so I can play them in my car. I have no idea how to do this. If anyone can help me, would be most...
  9. how do I save onedrive files onto a thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I save onedrive files onto a thumb drive?: I LOATHE AND DESPISE WINDOWS 10. Why is everything so damn complicated? All I am trying to do is save files from one drive to my computer and/or a thumb drive. I don't TRUST the cloud. I don't want to leave my pictures and documents just in the cloud. it takes FOREVER to...
  10. thumb drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165