Windows 10: How to save favorite passwords in Edge

Discus and support How to save favorite passwords in Edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently bought a new laptop and when I got the new one going, I transferred/moved all my favorites from my old laptop and put them in the new laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobCavasher, Feb 5, 2019.

1. How to save favorite passwords in Edge

I recently bought a new laptop and when I got the new one going, I transferred/moved all my favorites from my old laptop and put them in the new laptop in EDGE. So far, so good. however I cannot get the passwords to save for favorites I've used forever. Any ideas?

:)

RobCavasher, Feb 5, 2019

2. Saving Favorites

I'm using Edge with Windows 10. Whenever I try to add a website to my Favorites List or Favorites Bar, I'm given the option of naming the favorite and saving it to either the list or the bar, but nothing actually gets saved. I get no error at the time
    of saving. I have no option to "Create In" which someone on this forum suggested. The only option is to Save, but the short cut is never saved in my Favorites folder. My folder is set up under Users\Owner\Favorites. Is it possible these are being saved
    somewhere else?

BarbaraBlasch, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Mircosoft edge not saving passwords

Hi,

If you are willing to save password on Edge then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

When you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your user name and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by default,
    but here's how to turn it on or off:

• In the Microsoft Edge browser, select More actions (...)
      > Settings > View Advanced Settings.

• Turn Offer to save passwords to On.
    For ore clarification you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Remember passwords in Microsoft Edge

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 5, 2019
  4. How to save favorite passwords in Edge

Microsoft Edge Favorites

Hello,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• Can you clarify what you meant by reinstalling favorites in Microsoft Edge?
    • What are the steps you have done to resolve this?
    You can import favorites you've saved from a different web browser to Microsoft Edge. You might want to consider importing these and check if the same thing happens. Click this
    link for the steps.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

How to save favorite passwords in Edge

1. How to save favorite passwords in Edge - Similar Threads - save favorite passwords

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  5. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  6. How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?: Folks, Before I wiped my Windows 7 install, I exported my IE11 favorites into an HTM file, "bookmark", by using IE11's "export" feature. My clean Windows 10 install only has 2 browsers: Edge and Chrome. I do not want to install IE11. How do I get the saved...
  7. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215
  8. How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?: How to save and view the website in the Favorites inMicrosoft Edge? 21215
  9. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...
  10. How to save MS Edge favorites to flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to save MS Edge favorites to flash drive: I recently made Edge my default browser due to multiple problems w/Firefox. I imported all my folders (favorites) from FF to Edge. Someone suggested that I back these folders up to a flash drive. I exported all of my FF folders to a flash drive some time ago which was easy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save passwords in edge for favourite pages

2. list of all my passwords

3. edge version 44 removed saved passwords