Windows 10: How to save input keyboard per application

Discus and support How to save input keyboard per application in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I successfully set different language input per application. But these input preferences are not saved with new start. Every time I start windows I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IMGun10a, Nov 30, 2018.

1. IMGun10a Win User

How to save input keyboard per application

I successfully set different language input per application. But these input preferences are not saved with new start. Every time I start windows I need to set inputs again (not setting to chose different inputs per application) but the input for application. I would like to set English(qwerty) for my work programs and browser and others stuff let use Slovak. Its so hard to remember these options?

I think the earlier versions of win10 have saved these preferences. I need to set input per application only first time.

Thanks

:)

IMGun10a, Nov 30, 2018

2. Keyboard input problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Type "language" in the search bar, choose Settings, and then tap or click
      Add a language.

• Choose the language that you want to add, click Options next to the language name, and then click
      Add an input method.

• Browse the input method list and look for the keyboard layout you want to use.

• double-click the keyboard layout, and click Save.
    For more information click on the link below and see if it helps. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Keyboard input wont change from english

Hi Dennis,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Add all keyboard types in one or more languages that you want to use.
    • Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language
      > Additional date, time, & regional settings.
    • Go to Language > Advance settings >
      Override for default input method
    • Choose the type of keyboard you want.
    • Click on Save.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. How to save input keyboard per application - Similar Threads - save input keyboard

2. How to delete a keyboard input method

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a keyboard input method: I have Windows set to English, but my keyboard is Spanish. I would like to remove the English keyboard input method but I can't, it is quite annoying as every time I restart the PC the default input method is English and I have to change it....
  3. How to delete a keyboard input method

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete a keyboard input method: I have Windows set to English, but my keyboard is Spanish. I would like to remove the English keyboard input method but I can't, it is quite annoying as every time I restart the PC the default input method is English and I have to change it....
  4. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  5. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  6. Language input per-app setting bugged?

in Windows 10 Support
    Language input per-app setting bugged?: I used to make use of this nice feature for a long time, but recently I noticed it didn't work. I have no idea when it stopped working, but I'm curious if anyone else has the same problem, in which case it could be a bug. I am on version 1909. 146681
  7. Language input per-app setting bugged?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language input per-app setting bugged?: I used to make use of this nice feature for a long time, but recently I noticed it didn't work. I have no idea when it stopped working, but I'm curious if anyone else has the same problem, in which case it could be a bug. I am on version 1909. submitted by...
  8. Shell Input Application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shell Input Application: Hi there, I've gone through the Q&A of the other users, but I could not find any conclusive answer or solution as yet. This " Shell Input Application" comes up on my screen automatically on my desktop as soon as I turn on my Toshiba laptop, little annoying to be honest. My...
  9. keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard inputs: Hello, My win 10 is in EN. My keyboard is AZERTY. I don't know from where all those keyboards come from neither how to get rid of them. It kept switching automatically from one to another in-game, This is so frustrating & discussing. .[ATTACH]...
  10. Keyboard input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input: So I accidentally pressed two buttons on my keyboard (pretty sure it was left shift+alt or something similar) and now my shift+2 does not make the @ symbol. It has been switched with the key that creates the " symbol. So now if I press shift+2 it creates @ and if I press...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard per application