Windows 10: How To: Save mail sent as Shared Mailbox in sent items Shared Mailbox

Discus and support How To: Save mail sent as Shared Mailbox in sent items Shared Mailbox in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; When you have a situation of a user having full access and send as access on a shared mailbox and the user sends an email send-as or on behalf of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Noel New Member

How To: Save mail sent as Shared Mailbox in sent items Shared Mailbox

When you have a situation of a user having full access and send as access on a shared mailbox and the user sends an email send-as or on behalf of a Shared Mailbox, the sent item will be saved in the user’s mailbox and not in the Shared Mailbox.

To fix this, there is not option in the GUI so far so you would need to connect via Poweshell as the Global Admin. Note: If you are using Multi-Factor Authentication use the App Password to login instead of the password.

Open PowerShell as Administrator and type the following

$Cred = Get-Credential

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell -Credential $Cred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

Import-PSSession $Session

set-mailbox "<mailboxemailaddress>" -MessageCopyForSentAsEnabled $True

set-mailbox "<mailboxemailaddress>" -MessageCopyForSendOnBehalfEnabled $True

This will still save a copy in the user’s mailbox but will also save it in the Shared Mailbox

(20)

read more...

Noel, Sep 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 Mail: how to access an Office365 shared mailbox

I have created a shared mailbox in Office 365 (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***). I can access this mailbox in the Outlook web-client, but not in the mail-client of Windows 10 or Windows 10 Mobile (insider preview).

Is there a workaround for accessing a shared mailbox in Windows 10 Mail?

Will support for shared mailboxes be added to Windows 10 Mail any time soon?

johanvanruth, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Connecting to a Shared Mailbox in Windows 10 Mail/Outlook app.

Hi Nick,

We acknowledge that you're having issues in accessing a shared mailbox. The shared mailbox can only be accessed once the admin has added the members that he/she would like to share the mailbox with.

For further details, we suggest checking this link
    Open and use a shared mailbox in Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013
    . It may take a few minutes before a shared mailbox appears if your admin only added you recently.

Let us know if there are other concerns.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 3, 2018
  4. How To: Save mail sent as Shared Mailbox in sent items Shared Mailbox

Connecting to a Shared Mailbox in Windows 10 Mail/Outlook app.

Hi Jomel,

The issue is with the mail/outlook app that comes with Windows 10. We have machines that do not have the resources to run the traditional Office suite.

The built in mail application does not seem to provide a way to access shared mailboxes.

Is there a way to access shared mailboxes using the built in Mail application?

(the permissions are correct on the mailbox)

Thanks

Nick

NickBatchelor, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

How To: Save mail sent as Shared Mailbox in sent items Shared Mailbox

1. How To: Save mail sent as Shared Mailbox in sent items Shared Mailbox - Similar Threads - Save mail sent

2. Activation of Microsoft Teams for Shared Mailbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of Microsoft Teams for Shared Mailbox: We have one Shared account in our organization for reception desk and we need to activate Microsoft teams for reception so is it possible to provide the O365 E3 license shared mailbox, and simultaneously activate Microsoft teams....
  3. Activation of Microsoft Teams for Shared Mailbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation of Microsoft Teams for Shared Mailbox: We have one Shared account in our organization for reception desk and we need to activate Microsoft teams for reception so is it possible to provide the O365 E3 license shared mailbox, and simultaneously activate Microsoft teams....
  4. users notified when their mailboxes are shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    users notified when their mailboxes are shared: users notified when their mailboxes are sharedFrom a government regulation and privacy regulation how can we set it so that when a users mailbox is shared in office 365 that the user has the option to be notified. Currently o365 and azure are stuck on their fixed lists and...
  5. users notified when their mailboxes are shared

users notified when their mailboxes are shared: users notified when their mailboxes are sharedFrom a government regulation and privacy regulation how can we set it so that when a users mailbox is shared in office 365 that the user has the option to be notified. Currently o365 and azure are stuck on their fixed lists and...
  6. Windows Mail - Sent Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail - Sent Items: I was searching email from my "Sent Mail" folder. The email I was searching for didn't appear, but there was an option to "Search Online". The email appeared, but when I click to open, it disappears. How do I view sent emails found using the "Search Online" option?...
  7. Newly sent emails are not being saved to my Sent mailbox

Newly sent emails are not being saved to my Sent mailbox: This happen to me only the past few days so what should I do to restore it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newly-sent-emails-are-not-being-saved-to-my-sent/8dccdb62-6b73-49db-92fa-2c6d968d3be3
  8. Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder.

Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder.: I have set up 7 email accounts, 5 of which including a Gmail account were previously managed by Webmail, using w10 Mail app. Very impressed with the app but am having problems with two of the accounts. These are accounts held with Plusnet that I have used for many years...
  9. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  10. How to group multiple mailboxes by folder type (Inbox, Sent, etc)?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to group multiple mailboxes by folder type (Inbox, Sent, etc)?: I am using Outlook 2016, and I have several email accounts and I hate the way Outlook handles multiple email accounts. By default Outlook mailbox like this: L: [email protected] Inbox Drafts Sent Items Deleted Items Junk Outbox L: [email protected] Inbox Drafts Sent Items...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 shared mailbox sending items

2. outlook windows 10 shared mailbox sent mail

3. Save Sent Email to the Shared Mailbox outlook 2010