Windows 10: How to save my lock screen image separately to disc

Discus and support How to save my lock screen image separately to disc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10. I cannot find the source of my lock screen image which I have had for a very long time. I have searched EVERY image on my computer. It is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stevekir, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Stevekir Win User

How to save my lock screen image separately to disc

Windows 10. I cannot find the source of my lock screen image which I have had for a very long time. I have searched EVERY image on my computer. It is a very valuable image and I want to save it to disc (eg. as a separate independant jpg etc.) as a safety precaution in case it disappears from my startup routine, following a fault, and gets lost, or to use it elsewhere.

How can I do that please?

Thanks.

:)

Stevekir, Dec 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 Looking for lock screen photo location

Hi Dennis,

To find the location of Windows wallpaper images, we suggest following these steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Web.
    • You'll find separate folders labeled Wallpaper and Screen.
    • Screen folder contains images for Windows 10 lock screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Changing lock screen photos

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Lock screen.
    • In the right pane, select Pictures from the drop down list under
      Background.
    • Select the picture from the list or click on Browse to select your saved images and set as lock screen image.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 6, 2020
  4. How to save my lock screen image separately to disc

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

How to save my lock screen image separately to disc

1. How to save my lock screen image separately to disc - Similar Threads - save lock screen

2. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  3. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  4. About saving lock screen image of spotlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    About saving lock screen image of spotlight: I like my windows 10 lock screen wallpaper very much. So.i want to save the background image of windows spotlight as image format. So how i do this...
  5. lock screen images

lock screen images: How can I know the location of the images on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-images/bcfcb866-1912-4b76-8752-3c7ad9d874e6
  6. lock screen image

lock screen image: I can not change my lock screen image. it says, some of these settings are hidden or controlled by your organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-image/07ce1f84-20f7-4187-a962-1fbf629e311c
  7. How can I find the image I saved as my lock screen?

How can I find the image I saved as my lock screen?: At some point I saved an image as my lock screen image. It's a drawing one of my kids did with my Surface pen. I'm about to replace my Surface device and I want to keep this image but I can't find it anywhere and I can't see a way to locate it via the Personalisation/Lock...
  8. Lock screen image

Lock screen image: Im trying to set a personal photo as my lock screen, windows 10, lenovo 730, but it is expanding to fit the whole screen, making it a pointless picture. Is it possible to just set the photo sized as it is with a black background, so it isnt wide screen?...
  9. How to save Windows 10’s lock screen Spotlight images

in Windows 10 News
    How to save Windows 10’s lock screen Spotlight images: Windows 10 comes with a Spotlight feature that displays different background images crawled from the web on the lock screen. It also offers suggestions on the lock screen and Spotlight wallpapers are available in all editions of Windows 10. In this guide, we show you how to...
  10. Windows 10 Lock Screen Images: Saving as jpeg/png

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Images: Saving as jpeg/png: Good morning. I've located the Windows Lock Screen images, copied them to a Pictures photo and tried renaming them with a jpeg/png extension. But 8 out of the first 10 have an error when I try to open them in irfanview . . . . Should I assume that these aren't Lock Screen...