Windows 10: How to save password of win32 desktop appnot UWP app securely with Credential Manager?

Discus and support How to save password of win32 desktop appnot UWP app securely with Credential Manager? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to use Windows’s Credential Manager to save password of win32 desktop appnot UWP app. I write some test programs to read password of win32 app... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lisa Li lisali, Mar 29, 2020.

1. How to save password of win32 desktop appnot UWP app securely with Credential Manager?

I want to use Windows’s Credential Manager to save password of win32 desktop appnot UWP app. I write some test programs to read password of win32 app which are stored on Credential Manager, but I found password of win32 app can be easily got.

Is there a way to save password of win32 app securely

:)

Lisa Li lisali, Mar 29, 2020

2. Credential Manager unsaved password

I already saved my web apps password during login from many years ago. now I forgot it and tried to recover it from credential manager but unfortunately it is not saved in credential list although I am using it every day until now. so is there is any solution
    ?

mohamedsade, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft wants to close the UWP and Win32 divide with Windows Apps

Read more:

Brink, Mar 29, 2020
  4. How to save password of win32 desktop appnot UWP app securely with Credential Manager?

Credential manager Skipping Saved Passwords

HI Team,

I have a Share folder on my Server with Server 2016 OS.

I have assigned the R/W to everyone for the Domain users also shared the folder with full rights. still I am getting a prompt for the password while accessing the folder from the computers on domain.

Also, i have saved the password to credential manager but it gets skipped.

Is there any setting on domain controller with which if any computer gets connected to domain will easily access the share folder without any further steps.

If not, kindly help is there is any registry setting which will stop the credential manager from loosing the saved passwords.

PiyushVashist, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

How to save password of win32 desktop appnot UWP app securely with Credential Manager?

1. How to save password of win32 desktop appnot UWP app securely with Credential Manager? - Similar Threads - save password win32

2. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?: When I try to view my saved passwords, it has a user name that I did not set up. How can I change that user name and add a password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-my-saved-passwords-in-credential/42b35076-908a-4181-af0e-66a16fc55f30
  3. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?: When I try to view my saved passwords, it has a user name that I did not set up. How can I change that user name and add a password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-my-saved-passwords-in-credential/42b35076-908a-4181-af0e-66a16fc55f30
  4. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to use my saved passwords on credential manager, because i forget my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use my saved passwords on credential manager, because i forget my password: How to use my saved passwords on credential manager, because i forget my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-my-saved-passwords-on-credential/495a5b27-5ed3-4e27-8552-bd7f03bf53b2
  6. How to use my saved passwords on credential manager, because i forget my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use my saved passwords on credential manager, because i forget my password: How to use my saved passwords on credential manager, because i forget my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-my-saved-passwords-on-credential/495a5b27-5ed3-4e27-8552-bd7f03bf53b2
  7. Credential Manager not saving details

in Windows 10 Customization
    Credential Manager not saving details: Windows 10 Machine running OS Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Updated to latest available version as of 04/10/2021.When going to save details in credential manager the details are saved if the profile stay's logged in however if a reboot or a log off and log back onto the account...
  8. Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...

Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...: After the latest updates, Edge is not saving passwords. This occurred a couple of times last year after updates - occurred again after the updates in Jan-Feb 2021. NOT GOOD. I have checked Credential Manager - it is running, I have gone to "save Passwords" in settings -...
  9. Credential Manager: Unknown App saved an account

Credential Manager: Unknown App saved an account: I've been having some unrelated technical issues and stumbled upon Credential Manager. Under Web Credentials I have 2 saved passwords, Newgrounds from Internet Explorer which is fine and another that says it was saved by "Unknown App" followed by a string of numbers that I...
  10. Credential Manager passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credential Manager passwords: In the control panel >credential manager >after expanded I cant view my passwords how do i display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager-passwords/adbd9b22-b8e0-4a8a-8a48-b96217641562

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtualapp/didlogical