Windows 10: How to save progress in Windows games?

Discus and support How to save progress in Windows games? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't find any threads. I play some Microsoft games, such as Microsoft Mahjong in my Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by spapakons, Nov 10, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

How to save progress in Windows games?

Hello!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't find any threads. I play some Microsoft games, such as Microsoft Mahjong in my Windows 10 computer. I thought that if I install the game in another computer using my Microsoft account, I would be able to see all the levels I have played and continue from there. This is not the case. The game starts from level 1. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to save your progress to your Microsoft account or otherwise and resume playing from another computer? Like when you save your progress on Facebook in Android games and then resume from another device.

Thank you in advance.

PS: I only use my Microsoft account for specific apps. I don't want to connect my local Windows account to my Microsoft account, if this is possible.

:)

spapakons, Nov 10, 2015

2. In order to save my progress and access achievements, I must be signed in to Xbox Live. The game has repeatedly been unable to sign me in.

Original title: Xbox Sign In Error

I have recently downloaded Halo: Spartan Strike on my Windows 10 laptop. In order to save my progress and access achievements, I must be signed in to Xbox Live. The game has repeatedly been unable to sign me in. It then directs me to sign in online at Xbox.com.
    I have done so many times, on different devices, and the issue persists. I restart the application and the same message appears, inhibiting my ability to save my progress on the game. II have also attempted to sign into the Microsoft Solitaire Collection and
    there is no issue, I was able to sign in with my Xbox Live.

Is it a settings issue, something to do with my account? Or could it possibly be a game-specific problem?

*update: I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, same issue*

Thanks

JavierZarazua, Nov 10, 2015
  3. In order to save my progress and access achievements, I must be signed in to Xbox Live. The game has repeatedly been unable to sign me in.

Hi Javier,

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, try running the
    Apps troubleshooter. This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

If the issue persist, I request you to get in touch with Xbox team.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/f/5413.aspx

Hope this information help.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 10, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

I found that I wasn't singed in, so my progress wouldn't appear. Once I signed in at my main Windows 10 computer, my progress was retrieved. Now I have to try playing the same game in another computer and see if I sign in the progress appears or not. I'l update the post when I have more news.

Meanwhile I would like to ask, if I click on the dual arrow icon to turn the game to full screen, how can I resume to a window again? I couldn't find anything so I had to press ALT+F4 to close the game. Is there any key combination to return to window view? Thank you.

EDIT: I confirm that signing in on the other computer showed my progress in the game. Silly me! I just thought that launching the game automatically signs you in, I didn't notice I wasn't. What about the key combination to return from full screen to a window?

spapakons, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

1. How to save progress in Windows games? - Similar Threads - save progress games

2. Notepad automatically saves your progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad automatically saves your progress: Since some recent Windows update, whenever I open Notepad it opens what I was doing in Notepad prior with a pop up message saying:Notepad automatically saves your progress. All your content will be available the next time you open Notepad.Who ever thought up this rediculous...
  3. Lost game progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost game progress: Hi, I downloaded March of Empires from the windows store some years ago and have been playing without trouble for years. Last month i decided to link it to my android phone to allow me to play in more places.. Still all good ... Two weeks ago my laptop died..... I got a...
  4. Ilomilo Plus is not saving progress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ilomilo Plus is not saving progress: I just purchased the full game in Windows Store and it is not saving my progress, every time I start the game I start from the very beginning. I have created an Xbox profile and I am logged in, I can see my screen name in the top left corner in the main menu of the game....
  5. Sudoku not saving progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudoku not saving progress: If it helps Microsoft programmers to fix this problem, Sudoku saved our progress through November 12th. It stopped saving it in November 13th. Whatever update occurred at this time screwed it up....
  6. Progress in a game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Progress in a game: I play a game that I’ve downloaded from the Microsoft Store on my Xbox. Yesterday I deleted this game but I’d like to install it again. I was just wandering what will be with my progress. Have I lost it irretrievably?...
  7. Ultime Word Games - Saved progress but doesn't show progress on the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultime Word Games - Saved progress but doesn't show progress on the game: Hello. I am playing Ultimate Word Games on my PC and I have compelted a number of levels approx. 25 however when I loaded it today I noticed that the game had reset back to level 1. When I clicked on level 1 it told me that the game was complete and allowed me to click...
  8. Microsoft Mahjong not saving progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mahjong not saving progress: I've been playing free on line Microsoft Mahjong for a couple of years now and love it. As of Nov. 1 the game no longer saves my progress. I've tried it through Edge, Chrome, and Firefox and the result is the same. Help! (I've also been having recurring multiple problems...
  9. my games progress doesn't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my games progress doesn't save: My game progress dosn't save , , i didn't know why, put i find that game progress is in my document, but my game can't read file or maybe this file is not the game progress ! ? any help please...
  10. Refunds on games that don't save your progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refunds on games that don't save your progress: I bought Ark: Survival Evolved and its Season Pass, I played it for a few days but every time I would exit the game my progress would not save, so I filed a refund request which took 3 to 4 days to be answered just to be denied, I think its stupid that I can't get a refund...