Windows 10: How to save read only document to edit

Discus and support How to save read only document to edit in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to save read only document to edit * Moved from Education/Win 10/Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Taunya L.Teahjay, Jan 15, 2020.

1. How to save read only document to edit

how to save read only document to edit

* Moved from Education/Win 10/Update

:)

Taunya L.Teahjay, Jan 15, 2020

2. Edit the Steps recorder document

How can I edit the Steps recorded by the Steps recorder application? Once I finish recording the necessary steps, there are few steps I'd like to delete and few comments that I'd like to edit.

So if I open the saved file in word document and edit it there I need it to,

• automatically update the number of the proceeding steps when I delete one in between.
    • Retain the size of the images and overall page size in the MHTML document. (I've noticed that if I make a single change, the size of image increase more than the screen size and the MHTML document isn't responsive.)

Anwesh Gangula, Jan 15, 2020
  3. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 15, 2020
  4. How to save read only document to edit

Windows 10 Upgrade - CAN'T SAVE TO DOCUMENTS FOLDER. EVERYTHING IS READ ONLY

Here's something I discovered;

If I try to edit the file in User/documents, they are all read-only (this is what you see in the User folder on your desktop.

However, if I click on "This PC", a list comes up on the l.h.s. of the screen with the libraries listed, one of which is "Documents". My files are there, and I can edit/save with no issue.

This is because the documents are in:

This PC > Documents

(You can also drag links from this address to the desktop, and edit/save as well.

==============================

if you click on the disk drive to locate the document, you go to

C:/Users/Username/Documents

which is read-only

(but all of a sudden the properties are no-longer read only. Maybe because of all the stuff I did last night trying to get the issue solved.

Anyway try it and see, YMMV

=========================

This kind of makes sense if you have different users .... this way the privileges are granted to the administrator of the PC (myself) through the global document link.

At least that is what I think is going on anyway...

BuleriaChk, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

How to save read only document to edit

1. How to save read only document to edit - Similar Threads - save read document

2. Read Only - Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read Only - Documents: How do I get my documents folder out of Read Only? I have tried going into properties and unchecking the Read Only, then apply but it is still saying Read Only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-documents/3a734612-b28b-4453-ae9b-32314aceb64f
  3. Read Only - Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read Only - Documents: How do I get my documents folder out of Read Only? I have tried going into properties and unchecking the Read Only, then apply but it is still saying Read Only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-documents/3a734612-b28b-4453-ae9b-32314aceb64f
  4. Read-only documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read-only documents: When I attempt to save new documents in Word 2019, the "read-only" check box is always selected. How do I change my file properties, so that all my new documents can be edited, and/or deleted?...
  5. LibreOffice Writer document is locked/read only. How can I edit this document?

LibreOffice Writer document is locked/read only. How can I edit this document?: I am using this program for the first time. I created a document two days ago and now trying to access to complete and the document is locked and the only access is Read Only. How can I access to complete my work? Thank you. * Moved from Education * Original title:...
  6. read only documents

read only documents: After upgrading to Windows 10 and restoring my documents they are now all read-only. how can I reverse this so I can open and edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-documents/29e2e95a-8c1e-4484-ada3-56d06e2b487f"
  7. read only document

read only document: How do I change my document from a read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-document/1a578271-3dea-4ac2-aed1-3a6b1f0634ea"
  8. Read-only documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Read-only documents: I am frustrated when opening a document and it had defaulted to read-only. I would like to remove that feature permanently. I don't always find the need to protect my documents by read-only. Is there a way to change this? I can change it but it won't stay; I find that the...
  9. Read only Documents

Read only Documents: Hello, all my documents in any of my Microsoft office programs are "READ ONLY" and "UPLOAD BLOCKED cannot verify necessary permissions". I haven't changed any settings or anything and all of the sudden this keeps popping up. I need help settings all Microsoft programs...
  10. How to edit a read only document.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to edit a read only document.: I am at my wits end with this problem and would be very grateful for a solution. I have a document, in Dropbox though now copied to the Documents folder, which I wrote myself some years ago. I use Apache Open Office but the document is saved as an MS Word. I have edited...