Windows 10: How to save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]For quick and easy access, PC users can easily create a Remote Desktop Connection shortcut. In this post, we will show you how to save (and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 23, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows 11/10

How to save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows 11/10 Save-and-open-Remote-Desktop-Connection-Settings-to-RDP-File.jpg
    For quick and easy access, PC users can easily create a Remote Desktop Connection shortcut. In this post, we will show you how to save (and open) Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows 11 or Windows 10. Save (and open) Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File PC users can run the […]

This article How to save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 23, 2022
  2. David Haz Win User

Remote Desktop - Save connections

Hi Adrian,

Through Remote Desktop Protocol in Windows, you are provided with a graphical interface where you can save the current connection settings to an RDP file or open a saved connection. You may get to this interface by following the steps below:

• Type remote desktop in the Windows 10 taskbar search, and selecting
      Remote Desktop Connection. Make sure that the Computer,
      User name, etc. fields are filled in correctly under the
      General tab.
    • Click the Show options button.
    • From there, you can save the current connection settings to an RDP
      file or open a saved connection.
    • If you are to save a connection, click Save As, and choose the location from where you want to save the shortcut, and click on
      Save.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Apr 23, 2022
  3. RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that ".rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop", what exactly are you referring to? Are you facing issues while launching .rdp files in remote desktop mode?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 23, 2022
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Remote Desktop, Windows 10, Need help with how to set up sharing

You have to set remote desktop to allow remote connections. This is completely different from sharing settings and sharing files in Windows. You also need Windows 10 Professional on the computer you want to remote control. These settings are not in Windows 10 Home edition.

Also, do not share your primary drive! This is a very bad idea.

How to save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows 11/10 upload_2016-11-10_17-31-35-png.png

newtekie1, Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

1. How to save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - save Remote Desktop

2. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing: Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing, it just goes to a full black screen and then I have to use Task Manager to 'End Task' to get to close out....
  3. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing: Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing, it just goes to a full black screen and then I have to use Task Manager to 'End Task' to get to close out....
  4. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  6. RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10: I'm a computer programmer and I can't debug this stupid thing! Both my Win10 and Win7 local PCs can ping and see each other network drives. But none can RDP to another! Giving the notorious '3 dumb reasons' excuse none of which applies, of course. Now, I don't want 'try...
  7. RDP: Remote Connection Protical

RDP: Remote Connection Protical: I went and opend up Microsoft Edge to enter my IP address in the box that I type a URL in and the I hited enter and this what the page said: Hmmm… can't reach this page 192.168.1.123 refused to connect. Search the web for 192 168 1 123 ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Why? Did I...
  8. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  9. Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10

Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10: When I try to open a remote desktop connection to another desktop I am seeing the following prompt that says "This computer cant connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again and if the problem persists contact the owner of the machine" Ping to the remote machine...
  10. Save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows: How to: Save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows Save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows [img] Information You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows PC from a remote...